The Athiest "SPECIAL" creation story.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-12-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: The Athiest "SPECIAL" creation story.
Thought experiment...dudes/ette...If we could accept "Creation" it would be A-B-C as stated above. Scientifically provable in other words.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 04:07 AM
(07-12-2014 06:55 PM)The Drake Wrote:  ... didn't expect the venerable DLJ.

I'll give you ONE guess as to the "evidence". Here's a hint. Starts with a "B" and ends with "IBLE".

Nobody expects... etc. cue Python.

Consider

:wondering whether 'venerable' is a compliment:

(07-12-2014 10:26 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Thought experiment...dudes/ette...If we could accept "Creation" it would be A-B-C as stated above. Scientifically provable in other words.
(07-12-2014 04:58 PM)The Drake Wrote:  ...
A) That it was done in a way that could be explained scientifically (If not then we just don't know the science yet)

B) Said being was mortal, fallible, and limited.

C) That being no longer exists (see B)

Well I guess that could work but I'm not seeing how the bible supports this hypothesis.

It would fit the description of e.g. the Greek gods / goddesses who were limited in various degrees if not exactly mortal. But then, they ain't around now so immortal they were not.

If this were true, then the progress humankind is making in the sciences still demonstrates the right approach even if it is to ultimately prove that that kind of god once existed.

Smile

08-12-2014, 06:24 AM
(07-12-2014 07:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, the Bible is the claim, it's not the evidence. Drinking Beverage

Exactly what I was going to say. If the Bible is evidence, then any book could be evidence of itself.

Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Narnia...

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
08-12-2014, 06:36 AM
(07-12-2014 10:26 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Thought experiment...dudes/ette...If we could accept "Creation" it would be A-B-C as stated above. Scientifically provable in other words.

[Image: circular-reasoning.jpg?w=604]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
So, really what I am wondering is, are there any theists that could accept this story ? Does there have to be divine intervention ?

09-12-2014, 12:02 PM
(08-12-2014 09:34 PM)The Drake Wrote:  So, really what I am wondering is, are there any theists that could accept this story ? Does there have to be divine intervention ?

I can accept this story, and it would have implications for my worldview and for that of atheists.

My own experience, however, is that rather than have a circle - the Bible is true 'cause it say so - I spent months exploring Bible prophecy, Bible claims and Bible paradigms before deciding to trust Jesus to be saved. After, I spent years studying world religion and more to know better what others believe, too.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2014, 10:42 PM
(09-12-2014 12:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 09:34 PM)The Drake Wrote:  So, really what I am wondering is, are there any theists that could accept this story ? Does there have to be divine intervention ?

I can accept this story, and it would have implications for my worldview and for that of atheists.

My own experience, however, is that rather than have a circle - the Bible is true 'cause it say so - I spent months exploring Bible prophecy, Bible claims and Bible paradigms before deciding to trust Jesus to be saved. After, I spent years studying world religion and more to know better what others believe, too.

Really Q ? How many episodes, of how many series, do you have to show up on ? So you're all powerful. But you're arrogant, your omnipotence is irrelevant, and you throw a temper tantrum every time we point out that "WE DON"T NEED YOUR HELP".

10-12-2014, 11:37 PM
(07-12-2014 07:51 PM)The Drake Wrote:  OK let's put this out there...Can Christians (those who use the name but don't follow the teachings (pretty much all of them)) Can they accept a GOD who is fallible ?

That's an interesting question. I don't think they can. A god who is fallible is too human and humans are so fallible that we invented gods. Gods are an ideal version of ourselves which is why they are imaginary.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-12-2014, 12:25 AM
(10-12-2014 11:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 07:51 PM)The Drake Wrote:  OK let's put this out there...Can Christians (those who use the name but don't follow the teachings (pretty much all of them)) Can they accept a GOD who is fallible ?

That's an interesting question. I don't think they can. A god who is fallible is too human and humans are so fallible that we invented gods. Gods are an ideal version of ourselves which is why they are imaginary.

IDK...Maybe some theists could. But then God would not be a god, anymore.

11-12-2014, 12:31 AM
(11-12-2014 12:25 AM)The Drake Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 11:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That's an interesting question. I don't think they can. A god who is fallible is too human and humans are so fallible that we invented gods. Gods are an ideal version of ourselves which is why they are imaginary.

IDK...Maybe some theists could. But then God would not be a god, anymore.

And remember YHWH never said he was the only god.