The BEST Advice You've Ever Received

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 05:10 PM
RE: The BEST Advice You've Ever Received
Best advice I ever got was on a birthday card. "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends noses." Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Whimsymum's post
15-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Oh, geeze. I've gotten all kinds of great, fantastic and profound advice over the years. My problem is I don't follow the advice until it's too late. Oops I've had to learn things the hard but when I learn them, I learn them good.

Yeah.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-01-2015, 06:20 PM
(09-01-2015 10:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "When you start a new job, young man [i was young, then], the first people to get on your side are the Secretaries and the Security Guards.

I'm still laughing over the questions which came to mind when I read this. What the hell did he have in mind? What's he up to? Big Grin
15-01-2015, 06:37 PM
(15-01-2015 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 10:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "When you start a new job, young man [i was young, then], the first people to get on your side are the Secretaries and the Security Guards.

I'm still laughing over the questions which came to mind when I read this. What the hell did he have in mind? What's he up to? Big Grin

Add the maintenance staff and with those 3 groups you'll know the inside story on everything that is happening weeks ahead of everybody else.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-01-2015, 09:07 PM
(15-01-2015 06:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'm still laughing over the questions which came to mind when I read this. What the hell did he have in mind? What's he up to? Big Grin

Add the maintenance staff and with those 3 groups you'll know the inside story on everything that is happening weeks ahead of everybody else.

Big Grin

Who knows? He might even have the receiving crew in on it. Angel
15-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Love many
Trust Few
Always paddle your own canoe
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
15-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Vasbyt - an Afrikaans word, pronounced "Fas-bate". Lots of sports people use it like a motto or just as encouragement for each other... It means. Bite and hold on. Like a bulldog - bite and don't let go until you finish. But it works for everything, not just sport Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-01-2015, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 12:05 AM by DLJ.)
(15-01-2015 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Vasbyt -
Bite and hold on.
it works for everything, not just sport Smile

Not everything! I can think of at least one example where following that advice would mean that someone would end up in casualty.

Hobo

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2015, 12:04 AM
(15-01-2015 06:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'm still laughing over the questions which came to mind when I read this. What the hell did he have in mind? What's he up to? Big Grin

There's that but it's more than that.

Physical doors and metaphorical doors opened for you or shut in your face.

Wanna get to see the boss? Gotta get through the Secretary first.

Thumbsup

There's a head office of a bank in Malaysia where I don't need a security pass because the female Security Guard on reception thinks I'm cute Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-01-2015, 02:01 AM
"There's a time to play, and a time to be serious. Knowing the difference is the only thing that stands between you and everything you want." ~my friend Ray
He's a great guy.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post