The BS of "testimonials"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: The BS of "testimonials"
(13-10-2014 08:02 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 07:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Please explain why it is illogical
For example, many atheists argue that finite lifespan has value and infinite(or even very long) lifespan doesn't. Therefore it would be logical to kill yourself at 20 to make life even more valuable, but for some reason those atheists don't do that.

You are combining two separate discussions, badly.

Is there a god?

Is a finite life more valuable than an infinite life?

See two different questions that are not related.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
13-10-2014, 09:42 AM
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:02 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  For example, many atheists argue that finite lifespan has value and infinite(or even very long) lifespan doesn't. Therefore it would be logical to kill yourself at 20 to make life even more valuable, but for some reason those atheists don't do that.

Just as theists don't off themselves to get to heaven.

If heaven is the eternal reward why are people scared of dying and why to people mourn instead of celebrate?
13-10-2014, 09:44 AM
(13-10-2014 09:42 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Just as theists don't off themselves to get to heaven.

If heaven is the eternal reward why are people scared of dying and why to people mourn instead of celebrate?

"If heaven were so great, suicide would be a sacrament."
(I forget who said that.)

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
13-10-2014, 09:45 AM
(13-10-2014 09:42 AM)wazzel Wrote:  ... and why to people mourn instead of celebrate?

I see you've never attended an Irish wake. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 09:49 AM
(13-10-2014 09:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 09:42 AM)wazzel Wrote:  ... and why to people mourn instead of celebrate?

I see you've never attended an Irish wake. Smile
Nope, but I have been to some Cajun after parties.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
13-10-2014, 10:04 AM
For example, many atheists argue that finite lifespan has value and infinite(or even very long) lifespan doesn't. Therefore it would be logical to kill yourself at 20 to make life even more valuable, but for some reason those atheists don't do that.

Sounds like a bullshit strawman to me.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 2 users Like Winterwolf00's post
13-10-2014, 10:05 AM
(13-10-2014 07:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 07:21 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  They still would not buy their own "conversion" story if another person with anothe pet god like Allah or Vishnu claimed "I had an experience".
So what? I care about my death much more than proving my religion to atheists.
Also atheists still didn't prove that atheism is logically consistent.

I don't believe in a deity.
Boom, answered.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 1 user Likes Winterwolf00's post
13-10-2014, 10:14 AM

A finite life is valuable, that's why we don't cut it short at 20, you fucking moron.

Your incoherent questions have been answered thoroughly many times before in other threads, you just don't seem to understand. I think you, yourself don't understand what it is that you've written either, as each one of your questions is either thoughtless, incoherent, or just plain stupid.

You've been outed as an idiot by many here. It's time to fuck off and stop making a fool of yourself.
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
13-10-2014, 11:42 AM

And theists argue that they will be with god in heaven when they die. Why then do they cry when someone dies, particularly a child. If this child is in heaven with god they should be completely relieved and all smiles. Why do most theists go to the doctor when they're ill. Why don't they just let themselves get sick and die so they can be with god.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-10-2014, 12:30 PM
(13-10-2014 11:42 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:02 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  For example, many atheists argue that finite lifespan has value and infinite(or even very long) lifespan doesn't. Therefore it would be logical to kill yourself at 20 to make life even more valuable, but for some reason those atheists don't do that.

And theists argue that they will be with god in heaven when they die. Why then do they cry when someone dies, particularly a child. If this child is in heaven with god they should be completely relieved and all smiles. Why do most theists go to the doctor when they're ill. Why don't they just let themselves get sick and die so they can be with god.

Because of a lack of conficdence I suspect.

― Gordon R. Dickson