The BS of "testimonials"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: The BS of "testimonials"
(13-10-2014 08:02 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  For example, some people who are atheists argue that finite lifespan has value and infinite(or even very long) lifespan doesn't. Therefore it would be logical to kill yourself at 20 to make life even more valuable, but for some reason those atheists don't do that.

It would be logical to burn a billion dollars to make a billion dollars even more valuable, but for some reason billionaires don't do that.
It would be logical to destroy a private jet to make a private jet even more valuable, but for some reason pilots don't do that.
It would be logical to cut off your legs to make your legs even more valuable, but for some reason runners don't do that.
It would be logical to kill yourself to make your life even more valuable, but for some reason people don't do that.

It would be logical to stop posting to make your posts even more valuable, but for some reason you're still here...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
13-10-2014, 12:50 PM
(13-10-2014 07:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 07:21 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  They still would not buy their own "conversion" story if another person with anothe pet god like Allah or Vishnu claimed "I had an experience".
So what? I care about my death much more than proving my religion to atheists.
Also atheists still didn't prove that atheism is logically consistent.

Science does not give one fuck if you believe in a god or not. On average though, those who don't dream and masturbate about utopias that do not exist are far more likely not to hold the position that an invisible sky hero exists.

What makes ALL god claims absurd is that a person will claim one but when others make the same argument for another invisible friend they hypocritically but yet RIGHTFULLY reject the other person's claims.

THE REASON is that they are presuming based on their own social norms and desires. They fail to recognize that they are not defending a real god, but their own ignorance of their own desire to continue.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2014, 01:02 PM
(13-10-2014 07:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Also atheists still didn't prove that atheism is logically consistent.

Atheism is the non-believe in or doubting it the existence of a god or gods due to lack of proof. That is it, nothing else.

This other stuff you throw in is just the difference in opinions of people on various subjects and has nothing to do with atheism in most cases.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
13-10-2014, 07:36 PM
(13-10-2014 07:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Also atheists still didn't prove that atheism is logically consistent.

You lying asshole, I did that the first damn time you asked how it was. Is this how you actively decide how to spend your time? Really?! This is how you spend your free time? By coming to forums full of people you don't know and repeatedly lying to them? You could read a book, watch a movie, go out and meet people and have an actual honest conversation with people you know but instead you come here and troll.

How fucking pathetic your life must be if that's how you get your kicks, by being a dishonest lying piece of shit.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
13-10-2014, 08:03 PM
what a thread derail...damn diuretic.
Oh here is the link to the actual story. http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/201...ttedPage=1
I skimmed some, goes on to prophesize end of days and floods and shit in 2020. Ugh...
Also check out the featured stories on the site, Ebola planned, ebola a hoax, leaked e-mail that says ebola is now airborne. I guess you can figure out what kinda site this is.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
14-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Here, I made a thread for dimaniac to stop derailing Brian's thread.