The, Banjo needs his own thread just because, thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 04:20 PM by LadyDay.)
RE: The, Banjo needs his own thread just because, thread
(21-02-2017 03:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I admit I made a joke about Banjo pm'ing me for nude pics, and didn't think he'd take it as seriously as he did, and I ignored it when he was frustrated by it. And in hindsight it was entirely insensitive of me, given Banjo's conditions.

I don't owe anyone else an apology, but I did owe him one, and did privately apologize to him for being a jerk. And I'm sorry to learn that he's still upset about it. And I'm all for removing the post in question, that bothered him.

'Privately' being the problem.

I fully believe that you were joking. And I think had it been anybody else they'd have gotten it and laughed.
But you have to think a little further when it comes to a guy who's brain is so fucked up by drugs that he's constantly scared about doing something stupid that isn't himself. When someone says he asked for nudes, he becomes really scared that people will think that he actually did it. And he becomes unsure if he might actuality have done something ridiculous and not remembered it.

He would have liked if you had apologized in the actual thread when you realised he got upset.
I don't think you meant to upset him, but once you realized you did you could have smoothed things over.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-02-2017, 04:26 PM
(21-02-2017 04:07 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 03:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I admit I made a joke about Banjo pm'ing me for nude pics, and didn't think he'd take it as seriously as he did, and I ignored it when he was frustrated by it. And in hindsight it was entirely insensitive of me, given Banjo's conditions.

I don't owe anyone else an apology, but I did owe him one, and did privately apologize to him for being a jerk. And I'm sorry to learn that he's still upset about it. And I'm all for removing the post in question, that bothered him.

'Privately' being the problem.

I fully believe that you were joking. And I think had it been anybody else they'd have gotten it and laughed.
But you have to think a little further when it comes to a guy who's brain is so fucked up by drugs that he's constantly scared about doing something stupid that isn't himself. When someone says he asked for nudes, he becomes really scared that people will think that he actually did it. And he becomes unsure if he might actuality have done something ridiculous and not remembered it.

He would have liked if you had apologized in the actual thread when you realised he got upset.
I don't think you meant to upset him, but once you realized you did you could have smoothed things over.

But he's trying to make it right now, so props to him for that.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-02-2017, 04:28 PM
And Good Lawd, Banjo we know you didn't want his nudes, so come back now Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-02-2017, 04:32 PM
(21-02-2017 04:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 04:07 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  'Privately' being the problem.

But he's trying to make it right now, so props to him for that.

Definitely!

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-02-2017, 06:19 PM
(21-02-2017 12:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 11:30 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  He is afraid people believe shit like this because of his chemo brain. And he's pretty angry that nobody defended him, that he was told to just get over it and the post wasn't removed. As far as I understand.

I can see how he'd take it that way. I'd say nobody defended him mostly because nobody needed to defend him against a self-admitted troll who will say anything to try to get a reaction. Putting assholes like that on ignore is the best response. Walking away means the troll wins!

What it really means is that the forum loses.
Requiring constructive, friendly, decent, intelligent posters to put up with trolls and suggest that they just put them on ignore does not seem at all fair to those who behave reasonably.

I frequent other forums and this behavior would not be tolerated for very long.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
21-02-2017, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 11:39 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
Will people please stop pissing off Banjo? The poor guy has enough on his plate as it is and the last thing he needs is more stress. He needs community. So lets give it to him.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
22-02-2017, 12:06 AM
(21-02-2017 09:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This had me laughing so hard! No wonder Banjo has the sense of humor he does. Big Grin

[Image: tiqx4duxb4.jpg]

(Edited for new IMG link because it stopped displaying the one I linked, earlier... because internet reasons...)

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Hi guys.
I checked in here yesterday and discovered this thread and some surprising ideas as to why I've not been posting.

I think I need to clear a few ideas up.

Am I pissed off with Tomasia and think he's a lying scumbag? Yes. And now over 10 thousand of my posts carry this fact as a warning.

I'm not mad at Americans. Do I take the piss out of them for a laugh, yes. I'm Australian. We do that.

Really the main reason I'm not posting is because I don't trust my brain and its interpretation of events. This site can be too serious and I can't handle it now. Seriously, there's physical damage to my brain. It's not my fault, it's not anyone's fault. It just is.

Do I at this time think, or interpret this site as being too troll friendly? Yes, but I also don't trust my interpretation and also know this site does not belong to me. I'm a guest.

That I've been concerned my damaged brain could hurt this place is evidenced in my having asked to be banned in order to protect it.

The site, it's members etc, is not the issue.

I have to see if my brain will heal. The fact is nobody knows the outcome. I may have to get used to this situation. It may even worsen over time.

This is my real concern. Not an idiot like Tomasia who has zero credibility.

So there's the actual reason, from me to you.

Cheers everyone. I hope to return. Smile

Look after yourselves. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 12 users Like Banjo's post
23-02-2017, 04:41 PM
(23-02-2017 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.
I checked in here yesterday and discovered this thread and some surprising ideas as to why I've not been posting.

Am I pissed off with Tomasia and think he's a lying scumbag? Yes. And now over 10 thousand of my posts carry this fact as a warning.

I'm not mad at Americans. Do I take the piss out of them for a laugh, yes. I'm Australian. We do that.

Really the main reason I'm not posting is because I don't trust my brain and its interpretation of events. This site can be too serious and I can't handle it now. Seriously, there's physical damage to my brain. It's not my fault, it's not anyone's fault. It just is.

Do I at this time think, or interpret this site as being too troll friendly? Yes, but I also don't trust my interpretation and also know this site does not belong to me. I'm a guest.

That I've been concerned my damaged brain could hurt this place is evidenced in my having asked to be banned in order to protect it.

I have to see if my brain will heal. The fact is nobody knows the outcome. I may have to get used to this situation. It may even worsen over time.

I'm glad you checked in Hug I don't like the more serious threads myself which is why I typically stay in the more fun ones. So please consider staying and come and post in those threads instead. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-02-2017, 04:44 PM
(23-02-2017 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

Take care of yourself, we all know what you are going through (as much as one can without going through it themselves) you have a lot of people here who care about you and get concerned when they do not hear from you. But if it is helping you to stay away from the site right now then you need to do what is best for you. Just remember you have a lot of friends here and are a beloved member of this community.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post