The Battles of WWII quizzes 1, 2, 3 & 4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: The Battles of WWII quizzes 1, 2, 3 & 4
(18-10-2016 07:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This one is cruel, fill in the blanks, many obscure questions.
This one is for Banjo and his ilk.

6 right Weeping

http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/28516/ww2-quiz-hard

I have an ilk?

I answered knowing what the answer would be regardless of accuracy.

It is like the Kursk question. For those unread, Kursk is the biggest Tank battle. For those more read it is not. So answer Kursk and you get it right.

I am currently reading three volumes on WWII history.

How many are you reading?

I am also studying the Continuation war.

History is my thing. This is why I know so much about Rome.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-10-2016, 07:37 AM
(19-10-2016 12:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 07:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This one is cruel, fill in the blanks, many obscure questions.

6 right Weeping

14 Big Grin
And at 2 or three i had to facepalm for forgetting. Facepalm

Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-10-2016, 07:44 AM
(19-10-2016 06:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

6 right Weeping

I have an ilk?

It is like the Kursk question. For those unread, Kursk is the biggest Tank battle. For those more read it is not. So answer Kursk and you get it right.

Yes you have an ilk, and lots of groupies, and possibly a posse. Big Grin

I’m very impressed with Deesee23, Thumpalumpus, Szuchow and your own knowledge of WWII history. I find it great fun to see you guys discussing the details, so to all who are participating a big Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-10-2016, 08:06 AM
(19-10-2016 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m very impressed with Deesee23, Thumpalumpus, Szuchow and your own knowledge of WWII history.

To be honest my knowledge of WWII military history is fall from great, maybe little more above average as I'm more interested in Shoah, Russian revolution and Russia during Stalin years. And even in these fields of study there is many things that I do not know, which considering the size of subject literature isn't surprising.

(19-10-2016 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I find it great fun to see you guys discussing the details, so to all who are participating a big Thumbsup

It fils me with joy that somebody find such interesting Smile.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
19-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Thats the first time someone described me as the groupie of an elder Aussie drummer. Consider

Somehow however, i dont feel offended at all. Wink

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
19-10-2016, 09:45 PM
(19-10-2016 02:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  It inevitably amuses me with these sorts of quizzes how people who didn't score all that well get all hot and bothered, and go to great lengths to dispute the accuracy (or otherwise) of the answers—and somehow "justify" their purportedly "correct" answers.

Lighten up guys; it's not the end of the world to admit that you may not know the finer points of a massive military event that occurred 80 years ago.

I only got 24/30 with the first quiz (as it later turned out) but seriously, who gives a fuck? Not me. Rolleyes

Odd ... you liked my post where I did exactly that.

Forgive my bemusement.
19-10-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 11:12 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(19-10-2016 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 06:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have an ilk?

Yes you have an ilk, and lots of groupies, and possibly a posse. Big Grin

I’m very impressed with Deesee23, Thumpalumpus, Szuchow and your own knowledge of WWII history. I find it great fun to see you guys discussing the details, so to all who are participating a big Thumbsup

To echo Szuchow, what I know about that war pales in comparison to what I don't know. I've studied it for 30+ years, having read literally a couple thousand books on it, and knowing -- interviewing, at times, just talking, other times -- some participants ranging from a Pole who flew in the Battle of Britain to a Marine who'd fought on Bloody Ridge , amongst others.

And I still don't think I have anywhere near the picture, not even close. It's kind of like trying to guess at the underwater geology by looking at the islands.

The currents of history have so many eddies, each one filled by personal narrative, that its study is to me endlessly fascinating -- studying history is in a very real sense studying people.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-10-2016, 08:21 PM
(16-10-2016 07:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://history.howstuffworks.com/histori...Can+Ace+It

24 out of 30

Not quite as good 23 out of 30

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
20-12-2016, 09:28 PM
29 out of 30 Gasp

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
18-01-2017, 09:12 PM
25 of 30