The Belmont Stakes Shall Hereafter be Referred to as the Triple Crown Killer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: The Belmont Stakes Shall Hereafter be Referred to as the Triple Crown Killer.
(07-06-2014 10:53 PM)kim Wrote:  I thought it was a bit odd he was taken to the outside. He's not a free runner & certainly not a long runner. I dont know what his jocky was thinking.

I think jockey realized it was over early on and tried a plan B.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 05:42 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Belmont Stakes Shall Hereafter be Referred to as the Triple Crown Killer.
(07-06-2014 10:48 PM)Dee Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hollywood Park is not closed ?? They cycle off and on as the California circuit moves between Santa Anita, there, and Del Mar. It did get bought-out a few years ago by (I think ????) the huge British gaming company, Betfair .. so they changed the name to Betfair Hollywood Park. I remember when I was a wee lad, the first time my parents took me on a plane up there, we flew straight over the HP oval, (as it's so close to LAX.)

Dec. 23, 2013
USA Today
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Fans crowded into Betfair Hollywood Park for the last time Sunday.

The track closed for good after the day's 11 races, ending 75 years of racing that featured such Thoroughbred stars as Seabiscuit, Triple Crown winners Citation, Seattle Slew and Affirmed, and Zenyatta. The first Breeders' Cup in 1984 was run here. The track will be turned into a residential and retail development starting next year.

I suppose this could be an error?

OMG. You must be right. I had no clue. My "people" never mentioned that ? Tongue Wonder what that does to the "circuit" pattern and the other CA tracks ? Interesting.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/se...ing-crisis
12,000 at opening day at Santa Anita ? Wow. That's pathetic. 25,000 used to be normal weekend attendance. But there's more to the picture, with OTB and simulcasting everywhere for every place. When Breeders Cup is up in LA, I sometimes go to that, in the Fall. It's very crowded those days. But, come to think of it, a while back the big pick-6 pools used to be regularly over a million, and now that never happens. Hmm.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-06-2014, 12:25 AM
(08-06-2014 05:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 10:48 PM)Dee Wrote:  Dec. 23, 2013
USA Today
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Fans crowded into Betfair Hollywood Park for the last time Sunday.

The track closed for good after the day's 11 races, ending 75 years of racing that featured such Thoroughbred stars as Seabiscuit, Triple Crown winners Citation, Seattle Slew and Affirmed, and Zenyatta. The first Breeders' Cup in 1984 was run here. The track will be turned into a residential and retail development starting next year.

I suppose this could be an error?

OMG. You must be right. I had no clue. My "people" never mentioned that ? Tongue Wonder what that does to the "circuit" pattern and the other CA tracks ? Interesting.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/se...ing-crisis
12,000 at opening day at Santa Anita ? Wow. That's pathetic. 25,000 used to be normal weekend attendance. But there's more to the picture, with OTB and simulcasting everywhere for every place. When Breeders Cup is up in LA, I sometimes go to that, in the Fall. It's very crowded those days. But, come to think of it, a while back the big pick-6 pools used to be regularly over a million, and now that never happens. Hmm.

Sometimes there is no joy in being right Sadcryface2

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
03-11-2014, 08:21 AM
I did go up to Breeders Cup. What a blast. My energy profile was wrong, but I lucked out. It was REALLY hard betting against the consensus ... for California Chrome and Shared Belief. My computer model said "late" energy, and it was really early. Bayern still come out on top of the wrong profile.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/hor.../18350897/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.