The Bermuda Triangle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 09:13 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
The Bermuda Triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_triangle

I'm surprised no one has raised this phenomenon here. The Devil's Triangle, though not officially acknowledged by the government covered a wide swath of ocean and Caribbean islands bounded at the points by Bermuda, San Juan, and Miami, FL.

For decades a number of ships and aircraft have disappeared in these waters spawning a number of fanciful tales. Experts have attributed these disappearances to storms or poor seaman/airmanship. Some say there are magnetic disturbances in this region which interfere with navigation instruments. Some say there are portals in the time/space continuum which just make ships and planes vanish without a trace. Some say these waters are haunted by the ghosts of the dead seeking their revenge on the living. And some think aliens prowl this area looking for abductees.

What do you think goes on here?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: The Bermuda Triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Triangle

It's awkward how Dragon's Triangle is on same line in geography as Bermuda.
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 03:25 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
I don't think its any more deadly or mysterious than any other place. It might actually be one of the safer stretches of ocean (in case of emergency) because of the sheer number of cruise ships, cargo ships, pleasure crafts, etc.

Do you have any idea how many cruise ships with thousands of passengers float those waters on any given day.....Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Disney, and probably others I'm not thinking of....all have 3 & 4 day Bahama & Bermuda cruises.

Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville, Freeport, Wilmington are huge shipping ports for cargo....which reminds me of all the military bases along the coast....

no worries here.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
01-06-2013, 04:02 PM
The only rational explanation I've ever heard for the ships, is that it's possible a release of methane could bubble up, and change the solubility of water, and it's ability to support a ship. They would sink, if a large/huge bubble of C4 bubbled up.
As for the planes, there could easily be magnetic anomalies.
Prolly an alien base though. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I used to just devour anything Bermuda Triangle related when I was 12 or 13. At that age, any unexplained mystery seemed to be way more interesting and certainly more tolerable than the unexplained mystery of my own existence and puberty was trying to beat the shit out of me so... Dodgy

Yea, I gotta go with the whole alien vortex thing... totally logical and covers pretty much everything. Yes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-06-2013, 05:10 PM
(01-06-2013 03:09 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_triangle

I'm surprised no one has raised this phenomenon here. The Devil's Triangle, though not officially acknowledged by the government covered a wide swath of ocean and Caribbean islands bounded at the points by Bermuda, San Juan, and Miami, FL.

For decades a number of ships and aircraft have disappeared in these waters spawning a number of fanciful tales. Experts have attributed these disappearances to storms or poor seaman/airmanship. Some say there are magnetic disturbances in this region which interfere with navigation instruments. Some say there are portals in the time/space continuum which just make ships and planes vanish without a trace. Som say these waters are haunted by the ghosts of the dead seeking their revenge on the living. And some think aliens prowl this area looking for abductees.

What do you think goes on here?

Nothing unusual goes on there.

There is no statistically significant difference between shipwrecks or other disappearances there than anywhere else.

There is no "Bermuda Triangle", just like there is no "Full Moon Effect".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Insurance rates through the triangle are the same as any other stretch, and it's a major shipping lane.
If you look into it for any time you'll see that the triangle changes shape to encompass any disappearances in the Atlantic.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
I could post this in my psychedelic music thread (I might just, when I get to Turkey), but for now, I think its best home is here.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
04-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Where did Uncle Fester REALLY disappear to for all those years, then?

04-06-2013, 04:56 PM
(04-06-2013 03:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Where did Uncle Fester REALLY disappear to for all those years, then?

He was hiding out at Cousin It's place.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post