The Bermuda Triangle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2012, 11:58 PM
The Bermuda Triangle
A thing we don't often question or put into thought as we grow older is the more simpler things in our life, such as legends. The Bermuda Triangle is one of them. While I was a god believer I did have some faith in the paranormal legends of the Bermuda, however after my disbelief in a god I can't remember a time when I ever even bothered to go back and speculate. Except for one time when I was watching a T.V. show about it. But that was YEARS ago.

So what do you think is there some scientific explanation for these supposed 'paranormal' activities, or are they just a legend to draw in tourists, legends do provide good tourism... you know.... like in the middle of Europe.... some pretty good tourist attractions out there I hear... because some local legends out in the middle of Europe of a time not to long ago... making some pretty good money off that tourism... and the books! Oh lordy the books! What people will pay for some nice juicy legends. AND THE MOVIES! Oh god, that makes even more money than the books! Social legends make a lot of money...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2012, 12:00 PM
RE: The Bermuda Triangle
I heard that in Bermuda triangle there are methane ice deposits on the sea floor or something like that. When they get released and a ship is above, it changes the buoyancy of sea water and the ship sinks. When there's an airplane, methane gets into the engines and blows it up.

Btw, where in the middle of Europe there are any legends?

24-03-2012, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 12:12 PM by Logica Humano.)
(24-03-2012 12:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I heard that in Bermuda triangle there are methane ice deposits on the sea floor or something like that. When they get released and a ship is above, it changes the buoyancy of sea water and the ship sinks. When there's an airplane, methane gets into the engines and blows it up.

Btw, where in the middle of Europe there are any legends?

It is a logical explanation (whether it is true or not), and does not provide any mysticism about it. I personally know many people who have sailed in that area, and lived to tell about it, so I do not think that is true.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
24-03-2012, 12:38 PM
(23-03-2012 11:58 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  A thing we don't often question or put into thought as we grow older is the more simpler things in our life, such as legends. The Bermuda Triangle is one of them. While I was a god believer I did have some faith in the paranormal legends of the Bermuda, however after my disbelief in a god I can't remember a time when I ever even bothered to go back and speculate. Except for one time when I was watching a T.V. show about it. But that was YEARS ago.

So what do you think is there some scientific explanation for these supposed 'paranormal' activities, or are they just a legend to draw in tourists, legends do provide good tourism... you know.... like in the middle of Europe.... some pretty good tourist attractions out there I hear... because some local legends out in the middle of Europe of a time not to long ago... making some pretty good money off that tourism... and the books! Oh lordy the books! What people will pay for some nice juicy legends. AND THE MOVIES! Oh god, that makes even more money than the books! Social legends make a lot of money...
There is no Bermuda Triangle mystery. Ships and planes disappear all over the world and have for years. The alleged Bermuda Triangle does not stand out statistically. No aliens, no methane, no mystery.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-03-2012, 12:43 PM
(24-03-2012 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-03-2012 11:58 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  A thing we don't often question or put into thought as we grow older is the more simpler things in our life, such as legends. The Bermuda Triangle is one of them. While I was a god believer I did have some faith in the paranormal legends of the Bermuda, however after my disbelief in a god I can't remember a time when I ever even bothered to go back and speculate. Except for one time when I was watching a T.V. show about it. But that was YEARS ago.

There is no Bermuda Triangle mystery. Ships and planes disappear all over the world and have for years. The alleged Bermuda Triangle does not stand out statistically. No aliens, no methane, no mystery.
You mean except for all the aliens and time holes right Chas? I heard some chick named Amelia got lost nearby due to a time vortex.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-03-2012, 08:37 PM
i thought its jst because it have some wierd magnetic field...

ye, is there any ACTUAL study on Bermunda Tri?
26-03-2012, 08:51 PM
(26-03-2012 08:37 PM)BlahBlokesBraBroke Wrote:  i thought its jst because it have some wierd magnetic field...

ye, is there any ACTUAL study on Bermunda Tri?

Screw the Bermuda Triangle. What about the Sedona Vortex ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFyi8U9pIyQ
My brother and I were there once, and this lady came up to us... "oh, can't you just feel all the energy" ?
Remember..never go to a vortex, without an intention.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
27-03-2012, 03:12 AM
The theory that I took as granted back when I believed that the bermuda triangle is special, was something about electrical fields that fucks up the instruments.
I remember a documentary about it where they told stories about ships that sunk and people who saw weird things and so on, that was years ago.

But as far as I know there aren't more sinking ships there than anywhere else so it's all a myth I guess Big Grin

And about myths in Europe, yes there are some Wink

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
27-03-2012, 05:06 AM
My friends father was on a ship that sinked in the Bermuda triangle. Most of the crew was eaten by sharks around him, only 3 of them were saved (out of around 20). He never said anything unusual happened, the ship sinked, that is it. I never saw any concrete evidence for the theory, so I gave this myth up years ago, if there was anything there, they would have found it by now, or at least no ships or planes would pass through that part.

As for the European myths, what, you never heard of Loch Ness monster, Nessie?

Or all these ancient pictures across whole mountains that people maintain for a few hundereds of years, yet nobody knows why they do it, not even the once that maintain it every year?

Hell, we even have 25ooo year old pyramides in the middle of Bosnia, allegendly.

So, yeah, we have European myths and mysteries, as much as you want...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-03-2012, 05:23 AM
(27-03-2012 05:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  My friends father was on a ship that sinked in the Bermuda triangle. Most of the crew was eaten by sharks around him, only 3 of them were saved (out of around 20). He never said anything unusual happened, the ship sinked, that is it. I never saw any concrete evidence for the theory, so I gave this myth up years ago, if there was anything there, they would have found it by now, or at least no ships or planes would pass through that part.

As for the European myths, what, you never heard of Loch Ness monster, Nessie?

Or all these ancient pictures across whole mountains that people maintain for a few hundereds of years, yet nobody knows why they do it, not even the once that maintain it every year?

Hell, we even have 25ooo year old pyramides in the middle of Bosnia, allegendly.

So, yeah, we have European myths and mysteries, as much as you want...

Smile
No no, these legends are located mainly in Germany and Poland, they're about 70 years old and they draw in huge amounts of cash. People have even written books and movies about this legend you know!