The Bermuda Triangle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 06:27 PM
RE: The Bermuda Triangle
For starters...
Quote:The area is one of the most heavily traveled shipping lanes in the world, with ships crossing through it daily for ports in the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean Islands. Cruise ships are also plentiful, and pleasure craft regularly go back and forth between Florida and the islands. It is also a heavily flown route for commercial and private aircraft heading towards Florida, the Caribbean, and South America from points north.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 03:58 AM
OK, you want old European legends? Now, you will probably feel a bit silly, because the most famous one is the count Dracula, Vlad Tepesh Dracula. Then, you probably heard about king Arthur, that is a European legend, then Beowulf, dragons, Atlantis, Romulus and Remus (not Star Trek planets...), Odysseus, vampires, Robin Hood, Roland, Werewolves... Also, we have Celtic druids, witches and Wiccas, Stonehenge...

So, does anyone still think Europe has no legends?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-03-2012, 09:51 PM
(28-03-2012 03:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, you want old European legends? Now, you will probably feel a bit silly, because the most famous one is the count Dracula, Vlad Tepesh Dracula. Then, you probably heard about king Arthur, that is a European legend, then Beowulf, dragons, Atlantis, Romulus and Remus (not Star Trek planets...), Odysseus, vampires, Robin Hood, Roland, Werewolves... Also, we have Celtic druids, witches and Wiccas, Stonehenge...

So, does anyone still think Europe has no legends?

Big Grin
I never said Europe doesn't have any legends, I was just saying there's a particularly big legend in poland and germany which draws in huge amounts of tourism and also cash. I'm guessing Stonehenge is the only one that draws in tourism out of all of those that you mentioned. Roland and Charlemagne I think those two legends would have inspired all who knew about them to want to become like them. Sadly they did not understand just what made these two so successful. Roland was considered a hero because he fought on even when it was clear it would end in utter defeat, and Charlemagne brought back a grace of education and knowledge that had not been seen since Roman times (and would not be seen again for sometime.) Charlemagne did have his bad things about him to though. Drinking Beverage
29-03-2012, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 01:23 AM by Filox.)
What do you think Romania is famous for and what is the basic of their tourism? Where is Transylvania located and who is the main count from Transylvania? Yes, you got it, vampires and lord Dracula make a huge impact on tourism in Romania.

Britain has an annual gatherings of druids, wiccas and witches, they celebrate first day of spring and it attracts a lot of tourists there every year. It is all around Stonehenge, but it is not the main attraction...

Romulus and Remus are main part of the story of Rome, so if you ever visit Rome in Italy, you will hear a lot of stories about them and how the city was founded.

Don't worry, every country that has something to offer, uses that for tourism. A god story is always a good story.

Smile

P.S.
I was referring to Luminon regarding the European legends, as he was the one that asked what legends exist in Europe.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post