The Bern

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: The Bern
(17-11-2016 11:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It would matter if the dems had won the senate, but they didn't. With a republican majority in the senate, as well as the house, and a conservative supreme court, Bernie should just stay home for the next 2 years until the midterms. Nothing he wants will pass. Everything he is against will pass.

Resistance is futile.

Movements don't tend to stop because of current political climates, quite the opposite, they tend to spring up because of current political climates.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
17-11-2016, 12:27 PM
(17-11-2016 11:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It would matter if the dems had won the senate, but they didn't. With a republican majority in the senate, as well as the house, and a conservative supreme court, Bernie should just stay home for the next 2 years until the midterms.

If one wants the people to rise up in a Real Revolution™ (“The Hamptons are not a defensible position” - Mark Blyth) then shit's gotta get really bad.

Pence, Bannon et al are the really bad and the deplorably ugly.

The best thing that can happen for the progressives is for more Civil Rights to be stripped away ... and suddenly... so that people actually notice.

Do you think Tom Paine sat on his arse for the years preceding the Murikan and the Froggy Revolutions, or do you think he was out there forming coalitions of the majority of proles who had nothing to lose but their chains?

(17-11-2016 11:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... Nothing he wants will pass. Everything he is against will pass.

Resistance is futile.

Trump said he wants:
To make voter registration easier
To reduce/restrict free trade
To ease the problems facing the working class

On these things, Bernie agrees. Are you saying that these things will not pass?

Bernie wanted to drain the swamp ... looks like that won't be happening.

Anyone surprised?

No

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-11-2016, 02:01 PM
(17-11-2016 11:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It would matter if the dems had won the senate, but they didn't. With a republican majority in the senate, as well as the house, and a conservative supreme court, Bernie should just stay home for the next 2 years until the midterms. Nothing he wants will pass. Everything he is against will pass.

Resistance is futile.
Ah yes like the gop did 8 years ago.. in the land of black and white were everything is apparently right and left

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-11-2016, 05:20 PM

Resistance is futile.

Perhaps. But I've fought for this country before, and I'll do so again. And knowing I ain't alone is good.

Fight the good fight, y'know? Two years hence, we'll see who the quitters are ... and we'll see who's complacent.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Trump ran on the basis that he can fix pretty much everything. Terrorism. Economy. Everything. Remember all those "only I can fix" tweets. OK Mr Trump. Let's see you fix. Can you deliver? All those people who voted for you, can you prove that you were worthy of their trust? Or can you find a convenient scapegoat when you fail? 'Cos you ran as superman. Even if people oppose you, you're supposed to fix. Because you're that good.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-11-2016, 09:25 AM
(18-11-2016 12:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Trump ran on the basis that he can fix pretty much everything. Terrorism. Economy. Everything. Remember all those "only I can fix" tweets. OK Mr Trump. Let's see you fix. Can you deliver? All those people who voted for you, can you prove that you were worthy of their trust? Or can you find a convenient scapegoat when you fail? 'Cos you ran as superman. Even if people oppose you, you're supposed to fix. Because you're that good.

I can't wait until the "disadvantaged" low-income White males who formed much of his support (like our own Birdguy) find out that he doesn't care about them at all, and is not planning to do anything at all for them. That oughtta be a hoot. Republicans only care about rich people, and even though Trump isn't a real Republican™, he's right on board with that part of their philosophy. I continue to scratch my head as to why poor people keep voting for them.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2016, 09:28 AM
(18-11-2016 09:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 12:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Trump ran on the basis that he can fix pretty much everything. Terrorism. Economy. Everything. Remember all those "only I can fix" tweets. OK Mr Trump. Let's see you fix. Can you deliver? All those people who voted for you, can you prove that you were worthy of their trust? Or can you find a convenient scapegoat when you fail? 'Cos you ran as superman. Even if people oppose you, you're supposed to fix. Because you're that good.

I can't wait until the "disadvantaged" low-income White males who formed much of his support (like our own Birdguy) find out that he doesn't care about them at all, and is not planning to do anything at all for them. That oughtta be a hoot. Republicans only care about rich people, and even though Trump isn't a real Republican™, he's right on board with that part of their philosophy. I continue to scratch my head as to why poor people keep voting for them.

Unfortunately the country will be in shambles by the time they figure that out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Can anyone spot the difference?

[Image: 15qwvwn.png]

[Image: 33632a8d005ff6766e743bc79ba8e56a.jpg]

The US has become a consumer-society. I grieves me to say it but Bernie will have to start marketing himself (rather than his policies) as the product in order to appeal to the great unwashed.

Trump: Cleans Whiter Than White!

Bernie: Removes 99% of Trump-Stains ... Feel The Bern!

Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Quote:How quickly we forget how many Republicans (I'm talking about in office Republicans) were against Trump's ideas.

They've already sold out.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post