The Best Bottled Water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
The Best Bottled Water
After thinking that all bottled waters were about the same (excluding the mineral waters and flavored waters, just the water waters), I started to pay attention to brands and tastes and found that I have a strong preference for Dasani. I don't know how to describe the taste difference but it does a noticeably better job for me of thirst quenching. What do you prefer?

Also, since Dasani is a Coca Cola product, and I figure that those folks have to be world leaders in beverage science, I wonder if they're doing anything out of the ordinary to their product. AquaFina is probably my second choice, which is a PepsiCo product, so again it concerns me that they're putting something in this besides water. What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: The Best Bottled Water
I like tap water out of a bottle. Usually I run it through a filter and boil it first though.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
11-09-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 11:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

Just buy a filter for your tap water. It's less expensive, and the same thing.
The charcoal filters on the market are quite effective, in removing bad stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

11-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Or, you could just move next to ole Kingsy here in Baton Rouge.

We have some of the best tap water in the nation.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/drinking-problem

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
They stopped selling Dasani here, after it emerged that coca cola was just bottling tapwater. Water we paid to have cleaned, they bottled and sold back to us for a huge markup.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Scotland has nice water... but here we call it Irn Bru.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
(11-09-2012 10:16 AM)Jeff Wrote:  After thinking that all bottled waters were about the same (excluding the mineral waters and flavored waters, just the water waters), I started to pay attention to brands and tastes and found that I have a strong preference for Dasani. I don't know how to describe the taste difference but it does a noticeably better job for me of thirst quenching. What do you prefer?

Also, since Dasani is a Coca Cola product, and I figure that those folks have to be world leaders in beverage science, I wonder if they're doing anything out of the ordinary to their product. AquaFina is probably my second choice, which is a PepsiCo product, so again it concerns me that they're putting something in this besides water. What do you think?

I say don't buy bottled water. Buy a bottle, fill it yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2012, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 11:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-09-2012 10:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Or, you could just move next to ole Kingsy here in Baton Rouge.

We have some of the best tap water in the nation.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/drinking-problem

But you have hurricanes, snakes, big ole bugs, and UFO's in your back yard swamp. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
(11-09-2012 11:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  and UFO's in your back yard.

Um, those are everywhere.
11-09-2012, 11:24 AM
tap water for me... I really don't see the difference.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post