The Best Bottled Water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: The Best Bottled Water
(11-09-2012 10:16 AM)Jeff Wrote:  After thinking that all bottled waters were about the same (excluding the mineral waters and flavored waters, just the water waters), I started to pay attention to brands and tastes and found that I have a strong preference for Dasani. I don't know how to describe the taste difference but it does a noticeably better job for me of thirst quenching. What do you prefer?

Also, since Dasani is a Coca Cola product, and I figure that those folks have to be world leaders in beverage science, I wonder if they're doing anything out of the ordinary to their product. AquaFina is probably my second choice, which is a PepsiCo product, so again it concerns me that they're putting something in this besides water. What do you think?

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Dasani and AquaFina are noticeably different. But I tend to just buy the cheap stuff to carry around in my car for those times I'm a bit parched.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
(11-09-2012 11:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 10:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Or, you could just move next to ole Kingsy here in Baton Rouge.

We have some of the best tap water in the nation.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/drinking-problem

But you have hurricanes, snakes, big ole bugs, and UFO's in your back yard swamp. Rolleyes

Pffft, small price to pay.

And, you forgot alligators. And the highest car insurance in the nation. And one the highest violent crime rates per capita in the nation.

But our water is awesome.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 05:34 PM by Anjele.)
(11-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 11:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But you have hurricanes, snakes, big ole bugs, and UFO's in your back yard swamp. Rolleyes

Pffft, small price to pay.

And, you forgot alligators. And the highest car insurance in the nation. And one the highest violent crime rates per capita in the nation.

But our water is awesome.

Got to have a selling point.

I can't drink Dasani, after it being the only choice at an end of season at a HS baseball game. It was HOT out, gads. All they had left (didn't want it to waste over the summer) was canned Dasani. Not good at all. In fact, it was so bad that most of us chose to just keel over from the heat figuring someone would call 911 and they would hydrate us.

I buy gallons of water, whatever store brand for making tea and coffee and anything with a lot of water in it, and also buy ice. The water here is nasty. So was the water where we lived in SC.

My son has been running a bottling line for Aquafina for a few months hoping to be certified on more equipment there. Husband used to bottle it when we lived in SC. Generally I don't grab a bottled water and will settle for what's around if I do. If I have a choice, it will be the Pepsi product.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-09-2012, 12:50 PM
ib4evianbackwardsisnaive

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
The best water is my well water. The well is spring fed and the water tastes great and I can't stand commercial water anymore, so I carry my own stuff around.

If I am caught without water I go into a store and check if they have coconut water. Comes in cans in the soda isle. That stuff really hits the spot, so refreshing. Plus it's good for you on a nutritional level too. You ought to try it sometime.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
(11-09-2012 10:30 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Scotland has nice water... but here we call it Irn Bru.

I bought a couple of bottles of Irn Bru today at a British goods store nearby. Haven't tried it yet.

Bonus: They had Sherbet Lemons. Got some. They're excellent.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
(11-09-2012 01:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  The best water is my well water. The well is spring fed and the water tastes great and I can't stand commercial water anymore, so I carry my own stuff around.

If I am caught without water I go into a store and check if they have coconut water. Comes in cans in the soda isle. That stuff really hits the spot, so refreshing. Plus it's good for you on a nutritional level too. You ought to try it sometime.

Coconut water is refreshing -I like it, too - especially ice cold in the summer!

I have a water filter on my faucet - our water here is less than desirable. I think I've come to the conclusion that the processing plant is ok, but it's the city's pipes that are just old and crappy. My faucet filtered water tastes noticeably better than straight out of the tap, but even so, I boil it for most things... tea, coffee - and I cook with it.

If I buy water, I like Evian because it tastes like the well water from my family farm. I also like a New Zealand brand called Eternal which has a distinctively shaped bottle with embossed decoration on each side - kind of like would-be Maori looking symbols, I suppose.
Speaking of Eternal and water issues... I found this interesting.

[Image: Eternal%20Artesian%20Water1.JPG]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Aquafina, Dasani, and their ilk, are just water, any old water really, filtered, then run through reverse osmosis. Look on the information label......ppms are rediculously low. Not a bad thing for you, but if you must waste money on water, buy natural spring water or whatever they decide to call it that still has the minerals in it. Your body needs those, and they make the water taste better.

I prefer my well water, in a glass mason jar with lots of ice.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm in Colorado and the tap water here is amazing... Snow melt runoff straight into our water.

As far as bottled water goes Smart Water is amazing. I couldn't tell you what it is but it's great.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
(11-09-2012 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  I bought a couple of bottles of Irn Bru today at a British goods store nearby. Haven't tried it yet.

Bonus: They had Sherbet Lemons. Got some. They're excellent.

IrnBru is one of those you either like it or you don't kind of drinks.