The Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
The Bible Belt
Do they call it the bible belt because it's right above Florida and Florida kinda looks like a dong?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: The Bible Belt
(11-02-2012 10:36 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Do they call it the bible belt because it's right above Florida and Florida kinda looks like a dong?

lol. I just can't wait to get out of it. I live in its giant buckle (Dallas). I swear, there are so many churches here it's ridiculous...

Better without God, and happier too.
11-02-2012, 10:53 AM
There are numerous bible belts.
I live in one. In Canada every province either has one or it is one.
All it really means is that it's a place over saturated with churches and church goers.
I think they named them to make it easier for world leaders to more easily choose nuking points.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2012, 10:56 AM
[Image: Bible_belt.jpg]
Seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable when you go to sit down. On account of the sharp edges and all. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
That's a perfect image to help plan my bible belt tour I'll be going on in a couple of years with some friends Smile lol.
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
need some suggestions for what to call the muslim areas?
Towelhead territory?
Kaboomistan?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I live in North Florida in a small town, with a population of around 7,000 people. The churches listed for the city limits is about 70 to 75 different ones - theses are only the ones in the city limits! There are at least 10, that I know of off hand, that are just outside the city limits. I think that puts this in the realm of seriously over-chruched - at least for my tastes!

Ann
[+] 2 users Like shadostr13's post
11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
(11-02-2012 10:53 AM)lucradis Wrote:  There are numerous bible belts.
I live in one. In Canada every province either has one or it is one.
All it really means is that it's a place over saturated with churches and church goers.
I think they named them to make it easier for world leaders to more easily choose nuking points.

I think you are right in that answer. Please wait till I get the hell out of here before them world leaders drop that bomb. I am a atheist stuck in assholeah Bible land.
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
the entire united states is a bible belt, you can not get out of it

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 01:33 PM by Lilith Pride.)
There are small pockets of locations in the us that aren't but they are so msall that you'd be living with about 300 other people. around you.

Hmm terms for a highly mosque filled location........

You could always just call them afghans (like the sweater =p)

I would think the best idea would be something along the lines of a "prayer rug circle" choose your language as it would be better not to use english for a religion that is not very commonly practiced in the language for the term.

And yes i realize they would never form a circle with the rugs =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post