The Bible Goes, "PC"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2011, 01:47 PM

The Bible Goes, "PC"
Political Correctness Reaches Absurdity With the Bible
at 12:01 am
By Hannah Webster and John Jacobs

Masculine designations have been replaced with phrases like “brother or sister” or neutral words like “they,” “them” and “people.”
I am a woman that proudly stands for the strength and equality of my gender.

Though I don’t consider myself a feminist, few things get me more riled-up than blatant, ignorant sexism.
I was the sixth-grader that told my class on career day that my success was more important than my future husband.

But I am also a writer and an avid reader who believes some things need not be messed with for the sake of political correctness.
I was recently outraged by the decision to alter Mark Twain’s classic Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. ((Continues @ LINK))
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 03:15 PM
RE: The Bible Goes, "PC"
I guess the Bible is the "perfect, literal, word of God"... until people decide it needs to be tweaked to fit their needs.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 05:16 PM
(29-03-2011 03:15 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  I guess the Bible is the "perfect, literal, word of God"... until people decide it needs to be tweaked to fit their needs.

YUP.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
29-03-2011, 06:16 PM
What the? This actually concerned me more:

"I was recently outraged by the decision to alter Mark Twain’s classic Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

They changed every incident of the 'N-word' to 'slave,' on the basis that the book would otherwise be considered racist."

-
-

People who were offended by the use of "nigger" in Huckleberry Finn not only completely missed the point, but should be banned from making decisions about literature for life.

Oh my goodness, that's a naughty word! I don't understand context or intention, so I will just assume that this book is racist for the sake of being racist.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-03-2011, 01:17 AM
So both men and women need to remain silent in church now? Corinthians 14:34-35

Its an abomination for a man, or woman, to lie with a man, or a woman, as he or she does with a woman, or a man?

Though shall not suffer a witch, or wizard, or any other imaginary being, like space goblins, to live?
30-03-2011, 01:22 AM
(30-03-2011 01:17 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  So both men and women need to remain silent in church now? Corinthians 14:34-35

Who is going to preach? Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
30-03-2011, 01:34 AM
(30-03-2011 01:22 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(30-03-2011 01:17 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  So both men and women need to remain silent in church now? Corinthians 14:34-35

Who is going to preach? Tongue

Clearly the answer is that robots will preach,

this doesn't bode well...
30-03-2011, 01:51 AM
(30-03-2011 01:34 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  Clearly the answer is that robots will preach,

I am interested in finding out where in the bible it says that robots shall preach. Tongue Tongue Tongue

30-03-2011, 02:10 AM
(30-03-2011 01:51 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(30-03-2011 01:34 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  Clearly the answer is that robots will preach,

I am interested in finding out where in the bible it says that robots shall preach. Tongue Tongue Tongue

I'm sure that there is a an ambiguous enough prophesy in there somewhere.
30-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Of course. It will be interesting, and probably very disturbing, to see how it gets used.