The Bible Is a Joke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2011, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 10:57 PM by Erxomai.)
The Bible Is a Joke
There are many threads critiquing and poking fun at the Bible, but now we have a place to tell our favorite Bible jokes. If you grew up in the church, you've heard many a sermon that had a dumb Bible joke in it.

I'll start.

Q: Why did God create Adam before Eve?

A: So Adam would have a chance to get a word in edgewise.
When is Baseball first mentioned in the Bible?

In the Big Inning.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2011, 03:17 PM
RE: The Bible Is a Joke
It is my consideration that YHWH is the original comedian:

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Job 38 - it seems to have taken 4500 years to get the joke; that "creation" is not the Answer, but rather the baseline for asking questions. Wink

There's another line; perhaps a hellbound preaher can recall the passage. YHWH is all pissed off at lost sheep (what else is new, huh? Big Grin) and he goes, "it never entered into my mind that you would act like this..."

That kills me... god missed something? Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Q: When was the first tennis match?
A: When Moses played in Pharaoh's court.

Haw....

Not my favorite joke, but the only one I can remember I heard from a pulpit. I have never forgot it. It haunts me at night. It just won't go away... please, make it go away!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
18-11-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 03:31 PM by houseofcantor.)
Here's another:

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity!

...and? Big Grin

(like, why you still yapping, preacher - referring to the "fool" in Ecclesiastes who comes up with this second line - and keeps going... and going... and going. He gets there, though. The conclusion of Ecclesiastes is the conclusion. Someone once told me, If you think Ecclesiastes is a summary of all scripture, then you are a fool!

And I go, Fool, I am! Big Grin)
(18-11-2011 03:25 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Q: When was the first tennis match?
A: When Moses played in Pharaoh's court.

Haw....

Not my favorite joke, but the only one I can remember I heard from a pulpit. I have never forgot it. It haunts me at night. It just won't go away... please, make it go away!

Someone call a Catholic! We need an exorcism, stat! Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Outside of the Bible being a joke, there is one good joke in the bible...

Proverbs... Better to live in the corner of an attic than with a babbling woman in a wide house.

If I'm not mistaken, I think he says it twice.... or I just skipped turning the page. Easy to do when your inundated with such deep thoughts.

18-11-2011, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 05:16 PM by Erxomai.)
(18-11-2011 03:35 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Outside of the Bible being a joke, there is one good joke in the bible...

Proverbs... Better to live in the corner of an attic than with a babbling woman in a wide house.

If I'm not mistaken, I think he says it twice.... or I just skipped turning the page. Easy to do when your inundated with such deep thoughts.

There are two in the same chapter:

A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike;

and

Better to live on the roof than share the house with a nagging wife.

Moving to the New Testament:
When does the Bible talk about cars?

In the Book of Acts where it says the early disciples in Jerusalem were all in one Accord.

Hey-O!!!!
(18-11-2011 03:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There's another line; perhaps a hellbound preaher can recall the passage. YHWH is all pissed off at lost sheep (what else is new, huh? Big Grin) and he goes, "it never entered into my mind that you would act like this..."

That kills me... god missed something? Big Grin

I'm not sure if this is what Johnny Cantor was looking for, but I never could satisfactorily answer this even when I was a True Believer:

Exodus 32:14: And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

What? YWYH has evil thoughts? YWYH has to repent? Huh?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2011, 05:21 PM
(18-11-2011 05:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  There are two in the same chapter:

and

You must be reading one of those new fangled versions from hell. The NIV and KJV are much funnier. Occasionally Phillips.

18-11-2011, 06:44 PM
(18-11-2011 05:21 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(18-11-2011 05:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  There are two in the same chapter:

and

You must be reading one of those new fangled versions from hell. The NIV and KJV are much funnier. Occasionally Phillips.

The GNB (Good News Bible). As a kid, it had the best stick figure drawings of any book in existence.

18-11-2011, 07:09 PM
(18-11-2011 06:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The GNB (Good News Bible). As a kid, it had the best stick figure drawings of any book in existence.

Ahhhh... I remember that thing. Oh no, another nightmare to be exorcised of.... and it just reminded me of the 4 Spiritual Laws.... now I'm have to get drunk....

18-11-2011, 08:10 PM
(18-11-2011 07:09 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(18-11-2011 06:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The GNB (Good News Bible). As a kid, it had the best stick figure drawings of any book in existence.

Ahhhh... I remember that thing. Oh no, another nightmare to be exorcised of.... and it just reminded me of the 4 Spiritual Laws.... now I'm have to get drunk....

You just made me reach for my Adivan...
4 Spiritual Laws makes me think of the Chick Tracts. Did you ever get warped by those?

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

They scared the hell out of me when I was young and more impressionable than now. But the pictures were pretty cool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Reading the Bible nbberm2 4 124 23-06-2014 06:20 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  So my mom posted something about the bible... 89JeepYJ 29 382 20-04-2014 03:30 AM
Last Post: Thanh
  Polaris Financial planning based on the bible Bows and Arrows 9 175 08-04-2014 03:58 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Alpha Build Bible Stumpy McPatch 10 343 06-02-2014 09:15 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Cheeeeeesus christ! (post jesus themed joke gifts) Logisch 13 724 03-12-2013 07:44 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  bible TarzanSmith 12 315 23-11-2013 09:21 PM
Last Post: freetoreason
  How did I know this had to be in Bible Belt South ? Bucky Ball 1 146 12-08-2013 06:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ