The Bible Out Loud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 09:26 AM
The Bible Out Loud
I don't know who these people are but I'm guessing they are known sportsmen.

I think this is an excellent idea.

"If you read it, it can change who you are"

Let's have lots of vids with 5 verses of the most outrageous immoral crap that the bible offers us... maybe it will change a few people's opinions.

Note that comments are disabled. What a surprise!

"Do it under water" ?!?! Out loud? Really?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: The Bible Out Loud
Part of me is thinking of a good parody for this video. Maybe film some people screaming it out, just for shits and giggles.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
14-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Nice idea DLJ. The only problem is the instructions at the end of their video say upload to TheBibleOutLoud.com which makes me think they'll be censoring anything they don't like. Dodgy

On the other hand, they probably haven't read the entire bible yet themselves, so maybe some atrocities would get their attention. Consider

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
14-01-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 07:18 PM by Mr Woof.)
Great idea D.LJ.

I tried for years to learn to swim..........never thought of a verse re Jonah.

As for unclean thoughts;pretty heavy to pluck out an eye?? Maybe vigourous blinking?

Naughty grandkids? Just mention a 'stoning at the City Gates'. That should fix e'm.

'The dead no nothing at all' prolly Leviticus........Tell that to those N.D.E folks.

AS for turning the other cheek and giving too, your cape:takes a brave person.

Just check the good book for many more verses to uplift your day................ Big Grin

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
14-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Oooh, how about a video of someone yelling a verse in heavy wind and subtitled version of it? Or something like "The message was lost in the wind, m'dear," at the bottom of the vid. Big Grin

14-01-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't know.... The Bible is the most powerful word? For starters, that's two words, and secondly, I think that probably, 'cunt' and 'fuck' are arguable stronger words. (not condoning use of hateful language, just as an example. Wink )

For example:

"You're a dirty Bible."
"You're a dirty cunt."

"You are a dumb-fuck."
"You are a dumb-Bible."

I rest my case.

EDIT:

By the way, we should all seriously consider doing this. Just pick out some of the most vile verses, such as my favourites:

"If a man strikes his slave so hard that the slave dies, he shall be punished. If however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished for the slave is his property." Exodus 21:20-21.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
14-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Worse comes to worst, the title responses on youtube can be so similar to the original that it's is uncanny. Wink

14-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Out loud? OKAY!

First off... AHEM... I want you to think of this quote from Ezekiel 23:19 in the voice of mr Gottfried. Just so it's stuck in your head prior...

Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
15-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Numbers 5 is my go-to immoral Bible quote these days, especially when people are claiming God is anti-abortion.

NIV:
16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[d] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
15-01-2013, 09:22 AM
I would suggest taking 5 verses and using them to make insane interpretations.

IE:

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Genesis, 2. 24

In this verse God tells us that once you leave home, it is necessary to cannibalize your wife. Just as the lord intended...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user