The Bible - all or nothing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: The Bible - all or nothing?
(08-12-2013 04:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Then, people who believe in god should be left to believe in their god and people who do not have any faith should be left to themselves. Is that correct?

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  You can say that.
I did not ask you what I can say or not say. I asked you: Should people who believe in their god be left to their god and should people who do not have any faith be left to themselves?
It was a simple question based on what you professed above.

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  But there is a way to know for yourself if there is God.

That is not your business.
Or do you just profess shit and not abide by it?
Or do you profess shit only for certain people to abide by?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 04:27 PM
(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 04:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Then, people who believe in god should be left to believe in their god and people who do not have any faith should be left to themselves. Is that correct?
You can say that.
But there is a way to know for yourself if there is God.

Yes. It's called wishful thinking or delusion. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 04:28 PM
(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  At no point did you answer my question. How you do, Alla, know who had the influence of the holy ghost and who only claimed to? (and didn't). See, the trouble with your system, is that any asshole can claim he is speaking for god. Like me, right now. I'm speaking for god. SHE says humans have it all wrong.
I, Alla, know who had the influence of the Holy Ghost when I have influence of the Holy Ghost.
And anybody can know the same way. We are all children of God.

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Or her claim could be just as valid as anyone else making that claim. Like I said above, any asshole can claim they speak for god.
You can say that but I do not know. Untill God reverals it to me I don't know if she lied or told the truth. That is why I don't have to believe her. And you don't have to believe me when I say that I have influence of the Holy Ghost.

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So you can know which person had the holy ghost and which person didn't, because you yourself have the influence of the holy ghost? Sounds credible. Rolleyes
Yes. And if you had influence of the Holy Ghost you would know, too.

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So god makes me a telepath? Able to "KNOW" what others are thinking/feeling? Wow. see, the trouble with people like you, is that you don't "KNOW" any of this. You believe, which is not the definition of knowing.
I said above that He doesn't usually do this. Other people's hearts and minds are not our business. Did you see in my post above this statement?

(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Just a word of advice. Try to avoid the word "know" in reference to things that are unknown.

Thanks. I do this. I use word "know" only when I know. And when I don't know I use words "I don't know". Sometimes I use word "believe" if I don't know for sure.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
(08-12-2013 04:26 PM)kim Wrote:  [quote='kim' pid='438032' dateline='1386540840']
I did not ask you what I can say or not say. I asked you: Should people who believe in their god should be left to their god and people who do not have any faith should be left to themselves?
It was a simple question based on what you professed above.
What do you mean by "they should be left alone"?
1) Yes, they should be left alone if they don't want to know about God.
2)No, they shouldn't be left alone if they need and ask for help.

08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
(08-12-2013 04:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes. It's called wishful thinking or delusion. Drinking Beverage
OK. If this is what you think.

08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
(08-12-2013 04:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So you can know which person had the holy ghost and which person didn't, because you yourself have the influence of the holy ghost? Sounds credible. Rolleyes
Yes. And if you had influence of the Holy Ghost you would know, too.

ooo ooo ooo do me do me!

(08-12-2013 04:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  We are all children of God.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-12-2013, 04:39 PM
(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or you could lie. Or you could be wrong. Or you could be mentally ill.
This is absolutely reasonable thinking.

(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Exactly. And how do we tell the difference?
We can't if God doesn't reveal it to us. That is why we have imperfect justice. That is why nobody can judge another person conscience.

(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  In a criminal case, another's mind and heart is very much our business.
I agree. And that is why we do all we can to understand it. But it is not always possible. We have to rely on imperfect justice as I said before.
That is why sometimes innocent people get capital punishment. And not innocent people are found not guilty.

08-12-2013, 04:40 PM
(08-12-2013 04:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or you could lie. Or you could be wrong. Or you could be mentally ill.
This is absolutely reasonable thinking.

(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Exactly. And how do we tell the difference?
We can't if God doesn't reveal it to us. That is why we have imperfect justice. That is why nobody can judge another person conscience.

(08-12-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  In a criminal case, another's mind and heart is very much our business.
I agree. And that is why we do all we can to understand it. But it is not always possible. We have to rely on imperfect justice as I said before.
That is why sometimes innocent people get capital punishment. And not innocent people are found not guilty.

08-12-2013, 04:44 PM
(08-12-2013 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah. It kinda like makes all the difference in the world between premeditated homicide, manslaughter, negligent homicide, self-defense and an accident.
yes, but we can not know for sure. We just assume/or hope that we are right. Sometimes we are, sometimes we are not.

(08-12-2013 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah. Girly calls it introspection. But I'm my own personal Lord and Savior, my own personal Jebus, so take it with a grain of salt. Tongue
it doesn't matter for me.Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
(08-12-2013 04:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  1) Yes, they should be left alone if they don't want to know about God.
Thank you. I will hold you to this.

(08-12-2013 04:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  2)No, they shouldn't be left alone if they need and ask for help.
If someone needs and asks for help it is human nature to provide help. But if your idea of help is to provide them with god, you miss the point of human nature, you miss the point of helping your fellow man.

Walking into the house of another and just assuming they need something is in a sense, what many theists do to non-theists. I personally would never go to a theist forum and try to spout my criticisms of having a god or a religion.

The point I'm trying to help you realize is that not everyone needs or even wants a god. People are very happy without a god. People are quite fine, ethical, rational, and loving without god. Shy

(08-12-2013 04:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  1) Yes, they should be left alone if they don't want to know about God.
Once again, I will hold you to this.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post