The Bible ok'ing abortion????

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
16-07-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: The Bible ok'ing abortion????
(15-07-2014 07:49 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 02:45 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin.’”[/i]

Another law inflicted on a women because some man hasn't got his shit together. Dodgy

And just think of the delightful trials by ordeal that this passage has inspired. Here are some examples:
Trial by fire
Trial by water (innocent if you drown. Witch if you float)
Trial by torture
Trial by combat
Trial by Eucharist (guilty if you choke on the Eucharist)

I'll take trial by jury anytime.

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 11:06 AM
(16-07-2014 10:44 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 07:49 PM)kim Wrote:  Another law inflicted on a women because some man hasn't got his shit together. Dodgy

And just think of the delightful trials by ordeal that this passage has inspired. Here are some examples:
Trial by fire
Trial by torture
Trial by combat

Doc

Really? Did they try to shove it down their throats in the perfect little circle? Cause otherwise that seems pretty easy to pass.
16-07-2014, 01:33 PM
(16-07-2014 11:06 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 10:44 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  And just think of the delightful trials by ordeal that this passage has inspired. Here are some examples:
Trial by fire
Trial by torture
Trial by combat

Doc

Really? Did they try to shove it down their throats in the perfect little circle? Cause otherwise that seems pretty easy to pass.

Darn it. You made me check my sources and now I have to post a correction.

The trial by Eucharist worked like this: The accused was to take the Eucharist after swearing that he/she was innocent. If the oath was false, he/she would die within the same year.

There is a trial by ingestion which checks innocence by the presence or absence of choking. "The priest wrote the Lord's Prayer on a piece of bread, of which he then weighed out ten pennyweights, and so likewise with the cheese. Under the right foot of the accused, he set a cross of poplar wood, and holding another cross of the same material over the man's head, threw over his head the theft written on a tablet. He placed the bread and cheese at the same moment in the mouth of the accused, and, on doing so, recited the conjuration: 'I exorcize thee, most unclean dragon, ancient serpent, dark night, by the word of truth, and the sign of light, by our Lord Jesus Christ, the immaculate Lamb generated by the Most High, that bread and cheese may not pass thy gullet and throat, but that thou mayest tremble like an aspen-leaf, Amen; and not have rest, O man, until thou dost vomit it forth with blood, if thou hast committed aught in the matter of the aforesaid theft.'"

Of course if the cheese was Limburger or Epoisses, anyone would tremble like an aspen-leaf. And how does one write the Lord's prayer on a piece of bread?

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
19-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Actually, the next time someone protests your right to abortion ask them this:
"Are you telling me that I can't get an abortion simply because I regret the decision I made to have sex and create a being that I don't want?"

They of course will respond something along the lines of:
"Do you even hear yourself?!? You can't just destroy something simply because you happen to regret your own actions!"

--- To which you can respond with Genesis 6:6-7
I'll let this excellent meme explain why they won't have a leg left to stand on...

[Image: AbortionGod_zps326774fb.jpg]

I know. I love throwing this pic up on Facebook whenever the anti-abortion nutters come out. In conversation, be sure to use the word 'regret.' It works simply marvelously. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Jagare's post
21-07-2014, 02:50 AM
(16-07-2014 01:33 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  ...
And how does one write the Lord's prayer on a piece of bread?

Doc

Leavened or unleavened?

Consider

Our father which art on leaven, hallowed be your grain?

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-07-2014, 12:40 PM
(21-07-2014 02:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 01:33 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  ...
And how does one write the Lord's prayer on a piece of bread?

Doc

Leavened or unleavened?

Consider

Our father which art on leaven, hallowed be your grain?

Wink

You do it with nails.

Bread signifies the body of Christ right? Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
21-07-2014, 01:14 PM
(12-07-2014 09:44 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 02:45 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  In past arguments about this I always asked where does God say abortion is bad(which I've never found) but the entire time there's a passage giving instructions on how to make a woman miscarry? Laugh out load I cannot wait until the next time someone brings up how it's a sin against God to just throw that in their face...although they'll back-peddle like they always do though.

The Bible prohibits murder and abortion is simply murder in which the victim is still in his mother's womb.

Quote:In all seriousness though there are a few things I have to question here. First, Just a concoction of holy water and dirty will cause a miscarriage? Huh Secondly, If this mix does cause miscarriages the glory of your God stops the child being killed if the husband is the father of said child?

If the woman miscarries it will be because of God's judgment, not the result of the water she had drunk. God created life and so has the authority to end it whenever he wants. The reason murder is a sin is that it is a usurpation of God's authority and so is a rebellion against him.

According to statistics:

Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

This amounts to almost 1 million miscarriages each year. So if god is so powerful and can create life and take it away, he's the biggest abortionist in history.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-07-2014, 01:27 PM
(21-07-2014 01:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 09:44 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The Bible prohibits murder and abortion is simply murder in which the victim is still in his mother's womb.

If the woman miscarries it will be because of God's judgment, not the result of the water she had drunk. God created life and so has the authority to end it whenever he wants. The reason murder is a sin is that it is a usurpation of God's authority and so is a rebellion against him.

According to statistics:

Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

This amounts to almost 1 million miscarriages each year. So if god is so powerful and can create life and take it away, he's the biggest abortionist in history.

You know what they say, it's all part of His plan...

Atir aissom atir imon
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM
This is just a question! has the bible stated what the woman can do if she thinks her husband is straying of the path! Does he drink the liquids that may make him infertile?
I am only looking for gender balance! :K

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
18-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Religious wackos have been moving the goal posts for years. It's just a matter of time they'll be forced to reposition their stance on abortion.