The Bible on Channel Five in the UK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 04:07 PM
The Bible on Channel Five in the UK
I'm watching it now, it's actually got some good fictitious drama but the programme is being sponsored by a big Christian organisation here. It's funny...the announcer of the channel warned viewers that it might contain violence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: The Bible on Channel Five in the UK
Is this the same 'The Bible' that was featured on the History Channel?

01-12-2013, 05:42 AM
(01-12-2013 01:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Is this the same 'The Bible' that was featured on the History Channel?

My guess is yes. Channel 5 was known (when I lived in the UK) for imports only.

When the channel launched, much of the country complained that it couldn't receive it. That was fixed.

Then everyone complained that they could!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Unfortunately you can get Channel Five a bit more easily now, it's the television equivalent of a very bad tabloid like the Daily Star. Anyways I tried to watch "The Bible" all the way through but it was excruciating, however it seems a lot of religious people are supporting it as it's seen an opportunity to spread the gospel. I read on Wikipedia that the creators Downey and Burnett said their "greatest hope" in making the series was that it would "affect a new generation of viewers and draw them back to the Bible."

More like it's going to put people off the bible, to see it in film just shows how much of an arsehole God really was. Honestly the Bible as fiction has some interesting stories but this TV adaptation is like a screwed up version of Gladiator or 300...
[+] 1 user Likes caramel's post
01-12-2013, 06:24 AM
I watched it, and it was okay. It was entertaining, but I don't see it inciting religious fervor....but then again the book The Bible did so I could be wrong.

The program The Bible was made for money, despite what religious claims are being claimed. I fact checked the program against the original book here (I don't know much about it) and unsurprisingly they spiced up the stories a bit. Additionally the creators of the program have been making a shit load by selling The Bible the book. Let me explain what that is. It is a book, based on the program, which is based on the other The Bible book (the old one). So, there's that.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
01-12-2013, 06:30 AM
(01-12-2013 06:08 AM)caramel Wrote:  Unfortunately Laughat you can get Channel Five a bit more easily now, it's the television equivalent of a very bad tabloid like the Daily Star.

Bowing Big Grin

As a young lad, I used to like the Daily Star... it haz tits.

Of course, I was too embarrassed to publicly carry a copy so I had to buy a Playboy too, to hide it in.

Smile

01-12-2013, 06:42 AM
You used to buy Playboys!? Laughat Tongue

01-12-2013, 09:35 AM
(01-12-2013 06:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You used to buy Playboys!? Laughat Tongue

They were cheaper than rent boys.

Ohmy

01-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm starting to think I'm the only atheist left who -doesn't- enjoy watching religious television. o.O
01-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm just happy the Information Age exploded alongside my puberty.