The Bible saves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: The Bible saves
So, if you have faith in the omnipotent guy, you can be shot in the leg, stabbed in the arm, and shot in the chest twice, all of which will undoubtedly cause terrible pain and possibly result in maiming, you just won't die. And your assailants will get away. Great. Best possible scenario here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 01:42 PM
(25-02-2014 12:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  'bout the only thing "The Message" is good for. Most bastardized translation there is... not even sure you can call it a "Bible".

Whoa! KC. Welcome back! Missed you. And what's all "The Message" bashing about? What's your favored version?

Doc
25-02-2014, 01:43 PM
(25-02-2014 12:27 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Armor of God

For all you D&D players out there: this reminds me of a post from an old D&D thread years back. Someone wanted to stat up the above-mentioned items in D&D terms. One of the posters said "When I see 'boots of peace', I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc, yelling 'your death brings peace to this land!'".
25-02-2014, 02:04 PM
(25-02-2014 01:42 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  'bout the only thing "The Message" is good for. Most bastardized translation there is... not even sure you can call it a "Bible".

Whoa! KC. Welcome back! Missed you. And what's all "The Message" bashing about? What's your favored version?

Doc

lol I haven't been "gone" so to speak, I just haven't been posting. I've been lurking... watching over TTA.

I have not been needed because we are in a period of peace and prosperity, but if the situation presented itself, I would have risen up to protect my clan and crush all those who oppose me...

...oh wait... what now?

Uh yeah, I would have to go with the NASB for the most accurate modern translation and the YLT or Darby's for the most accurate translations overall.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]