The Bible (the movie)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 05:46 PM
The Bible (the movie)
So I just went to the theater to watch Django Unchained (excellent by the way) and there was a trailer for a new TV series called "The Bible" produced by Mark Burnett; a reality TV producer, he did Survivor, The Apprentice, Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? (apparently not), etc. He's calling it "The most important thing I've ever done" and went on about how inspiring it was. Blech. It's going to be a 10 (!) hour production "from Genesis to Revelations!"

The trailer included shots from Exodus and the gospels, and a few other clips I couldn't place (story of Samson maybe?). You can bet they'll have Noah though, and Adam and Eve, and David and Goliath.

I wonder if the Revelations bit will be like a remake of Left Behind with less-gnarly mustaches? And I wonder if the Sodom and Gomorrah bit will include the part where Lot offers up his daughters to be raped, or when they get him drunk and rape him? Or Moses slaughtering his own people for worshiping the golden calf?

I doubt it. Rolleyes

Also, they're remaking Evil Dead. Without Bruce Campbell and a shotgun, I expect terrible things. I'm not sure which of these trailers irritated me more.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: The Bible (the movie)
(06-01-2013 05:46 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  ...Evil Dead. Without Bruce Campbell....

Consider Hmm... sounds like one of the first signs of apocalypse, to me.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post