The Bicycle Factory.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 11:10 AM
The Bicycle Factory.
Lets say a uber rich business guy named Thronnald Lump decided to start a bicycle factory. Lets say he hired all sorts of people from all over the world to work there. Lets also say he printed hundreds of assembly manuals which even within each, there were conflicting instructions on how to assemble the bike, and even more different from manual to manual. Lets say the workers started sects within one manual and argued over how to assemble the bike, even when reading one manual. Lets say the arguing got even worse between the factions of another manual. Lets say they started murdering each other over how to assemble the bike.

Would anyone find that a good way to run a factory?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: The Bicycle Factory.
Ha - well, religion is an industry. And yes, it's practitioners do seem pretty good at murdering each other.

Personally though, I don't think the industry of religion, makes anything nearly as useful as a bicycle.

The religion industry creates nothing but confusion in people's minds in order to control them. Perhaps that's the thought behind the advocation of murder; if you can't control them, kill them.

Apparently, childishness is common in that line of work. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
No, but maybe some of those factions might churn out bicycles once in a while.

Unlike religion, of course, which churns very little but lies and false hope.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Re: The Bicycle Factory.
Sounds like the Apple debacle to me

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I would say that clearly the minds of the factory workers are more limited and cannot understand the wisdom of the uber rich business guy. Yes
Wait, no I wouldn't. No

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-08-2014, 04:33 PM
(05-08-2014 12:54 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I would say that clearly the minds of the factory workers are more limited and cannot understand the wisdom of the uber rich business guy. Yes
Wait, no I wouldn't. No

He works in mysterious comb overs.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
05-08-2014, 05:51 PM
What's a bike, anyway?
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I'd be more convinced of this bicycle factory management style, if the factory didn't primarily produce tricytarians, with the odd unicyctarian thrown in.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Wtf, as a cyclist, I was hoping this would be about bikes.
05-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Assuming there is a bike of course...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]