The Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2011, 04:57 PM
The Big Bang
Has not the big bang turned into a religion? It has the same pratfall in that once upon a time something came out of nothing: god, a singularity, and for some reason created everything else.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2011, 05:03 PM

RE: The Big Bang
What you are saying is true... Only that the big bang never requested goat sacrifices, pilgrimage or an array of bricks called "a church" to host its spirit. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2011, 05:17 PM
(25-05-2011 04:57 PM)captgalectro Wrote:  Has not the big bang turned into a religion? It has the same pratfall in that once upon a time something came out of nothing: god, a singularity, and for some reason created everything else.

No.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-05-2011, 05:36 PM
(25-05-2011 05:03 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  What you are saying is true... Only that the big bang never requested goat sacrifices, pilgrimage or an array of bricks called "a church" to host its spirit. Dodgy

So true. But it does require billions of dollars a year to spread the word through expermentations that has come to naught.
25-05-2011, 05:42 PM

(25-05-2011 05:36 PM)captgalectro Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 05:03 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  What you are saying is true... Only that the big bang never requested goat sacrifices, pilgrimage or an array of bricks called "a church" to host its spirit. Dodgy

So true. But it does require billions of dollars a year to spread the word through expermentations that has come to naught.

You are right! It's better to put those billions to a better use. War!

For God, for "peace", for global domination and for a general increase in Chevrolet sales. Viva mental retardation!
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2011, 05:52 PM
(25-05-2011 05:36 PM)captgalectro Wrote:  

"Come to naught"? The Big Bang has been proven.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
25-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I would not go as far as to say it is proven but we are learning more about the early stages of the universe. Especially with the large hadron collider.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
26-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Watch this. I don't know how relevant it is, but its cool.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
26-05-2011, 07:51 AM
(25-05-2011 08:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I would not go as far as to say it is proven but we are learning more about the early stages of the universe. Especially with the large hadron collider.

I would agree with you that the big bang is not proven, but I would disagree that the hadron collider has proven anything about the early stages of the universe. All the collider seems to do is to pound protons together. The more you look into the big bang theory, the more ridiculous it is. All the reasons they give for it do not hold to logical scrutiny.
26-05-2011, 09:39 AM
What about the big bang theory do you find ridiculous? What are the reasons given that do not hold to logical scrutiny?
I'm all for scrutinizing things, but you gotta back it up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.