The Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 02:50 PM
RE: The Big Bang
(15-06-2011 08:58 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Is there a book which explains the most current research on the BBT in such a manner that an average Joe interested in science can understand? I've skimmed through the thread and only seen a "...for Dummies" book and a pdf on cosmology.

There is an excellent book on it called "Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe" by Simon Singh. It gives the history of how the theory was developed, the different people and their contributions, the arguments against it and how they were finally dismissed, etc. It is a good read and not overly technical. I highly recommend it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 03:12 PM
RE: The Big Bang
(15-06-2011 11:09 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  I'm not sure if he has any books on the Big Bang specifically, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson is an amazing astrophysicist whose books are easy to understand. If anything look into his lectures or speeches on Youtube.

(16-06-2011 02:50 PM)BnW Wrote:  There is an excellent book on it called "Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe" by Simon Singh. It gives the history of how the theory was developed, the different people and their contributions, the arguments against it and how they were finally dismissed, etc. It is a good read and not overly technical. I highly recommend it.

Thank you both for the recommendations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply