The Big C

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: The Big C
Based on the title I thought this was going to be a post about a big cunt.

I don't know what to say other than that really fucking sucks, and I'm sorry. Good luck with the fight man, we're all here for ya' if you need anything.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Take care Stark.

Get your arse right 'n proper again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Big Grin
I love that you put this in The Casual Coffeehouse rather than in Personal Issues and Support.

You're my new hero now.

PM if you need anything.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Kick that tumor's ass man.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-03-2013, 07:54 PM
You don't know me as I'm brand new here, but I just wanted to say good luck with your fight. Sending positive thoughts your way Smile

I once was blind...but now, I see.
23-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Guess I kinda just posted and wandered away. Sorry. At least nothing's changed....I'm still an inconsiderate prick.

Thanks a lot for the support. Nice to know there's so many ears out there willing to listen to me do a little bitching.

I really want to avoid going into a lot of detail. I hope that this community can remain my anonymous haven. The personal details don't matter here, so I like the idea of leaving them out. That said, many of you are friends, and there is some things I'm willing to share...

I found some lumps on my head. Turned out to be a whole bunch of tumors. Doctor said the "C" word, I sat up in my seat a little and started paying attention. The rest is a blur of doctor babble that I just can't wait to forget.

Won't be likely that I'll do chemo. My mind won't close on anything, but I am comfortable assessing whether death is a better alternative to a diminished quality of life. If a decision needs to be made on whether those scales have tipped, I will make it on my terms. I have the support of my family on that, and so long as they are ok with my decision, I will proudly end my life IF I decide the time is right.

Lastly, all that babble is for naught. You see, I am a stubborn fuck. Cancer has fucked with far too many people I care about. So I figure it's about time someone give cancer a good swift kick in the balls. I got nothin better to do.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Way to face it Stark...don't be cancer's bitch!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 10:04 PM
We might not have much advice but I think we're pretty good at listening.

Heart Make sure you get plenty of rest - meds and those tests take a lot out of you. Sorry you got a lumpy head. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
You already know what I think, Stark, but checking in here to letcha' know I'm glad you're a stubborn-ass & that you feel safe sharing with the crazy lot of us. Heart

Message me anytime, darlin'....

~Valerie

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
04-05-2013, 10:02 PM
(23-03-2013 09:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Guess I kinda just posted and wandered away. Sorry. At least nothing's changed....I'm still an inconsiderate prick.

Thanks a lot for the support. Nice to know there's so many ears out there willing to listen to me do a little bitching.

I really want to avoid going into a lot of detail. I hope that this community can remain my anonymous haven. The personal details don't matter here, so I like the idea of leaving them out. That said, many of you are friends, and there is some things I'm willing to share...

I found some lumps on my head. Turned out to be a whole bunch of tumors. Doctor said the "C" word, I sat up in my seat a little and started paying attention. The rest is a blur of doctor babble that I just can't wait to forget.

Won't be likely that I'll do chemo. My mind won't close on anything, but I am comfortable assessing whether death is a better alternative to a diminished quality of life. If a decision needs to be made on whether those scales have tipped, I will make it on my terms. I have the support of my family on that, and so long as they are ok with my decision, I will proudly end my life IF I decide the time is right.

Lastly, all that babble is for naught. You see, I am a stubborn fuck. Cancer has fucked with far too many people I care about. So I figure it's about time someone give cancer a good swift kick in the balls. I got nothin better to do.

That's a lot to have on your plate Stark. Makes a lot of my own problems dim by comparison. Fight the good fight on this one. But if you gotta go down, make sure cancer regrets its decision to mess with you.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post