The Big C

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: The Big C
(05-05-2013 08:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You know how I feel. I'm here for you, dude.

He says he wants to keep this thread positive. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-05-2013, 09:25 AM
(05-05-2013 09:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 08:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You know how I feel. I'm here for you, dude.

He says he wants to keep this thread positive. Drinking Beverage

Smart ass.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-05-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 11:24 AM by kim.)
Not to pry Stark ...
Has there been discussion of options other than radiation? There has been success with high intensity focused ultrasound.
Here's an article from last year discussing the subject. They've been exploring such procedures for a dozen years and the data gathered is starting to reveal positive options.
Here's an article from 2009 - it actually looks like a plea for funding and to simply spread the technology.
Updated clinical trials show promise. These might be a bit confusing but, nothing common sense can't figure out. I think it's very promising.
Information often helps me at least be comfortable with shit I might have to deal with. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Talk with your doctor(s), Stark, but this may be just what you're looking for.

http://www.cyberknife.com/

Don't throw in the towel just yet!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
05-05-2013, 01:36 PM

(05-05-2013 12:17 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you haven't changed, and are proud of it, I just might take back that rep.

Evenheathen, you can keep your rep point. I really don't want it. No

Quote:Maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate exactly who it is you want to be.

That's what I'm doing.

Quote:And some threads are more appropriate than others for expressing said woo.

When the woo is said in love for another human being, like Stark, it's appropriate anywhere.

And I mean it: take your rep point back. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
(05-05-2013 01:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 12:17 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you haven't changed, and are proud of it, I just might take back that rep.

Evenheathen, you can keep your rep point. I really don't want it. No

Quote:Maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate exactly who it is you want to be.

That's what I'm doing.

Quote:And some threads are more appropriate than others for expressing said woo.

When the woo is said in love for another human being, like Stark, it's appropriate anywhere.

And I mean it: take your rep point back. Drinking Beverage

Alright, alright egor, calm your tits. My response was perhaps a bit knee-jerkish. I see that you mean well. You can keep the point, I wasn't using it anyway. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM

(05-05-2013 08:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  As for being scared....fuck yes I'm scared. Strange thing is, I'm not so much scared of the things I would have thought. For example, right now I'm scared because I can feel a headache coming on. I'm scared it will get bad. Today is a day I want to be with my family, and a headache will steal that from me. It's scary to think how much time cancer is going to steal from me. It's not the dying (well, ok, that shits scary too, but that's a normal kinda scared) as much as the living with nasty shit happening that's scary.

I never thought of it that way. You've given me quite an insight there. Believe or not that knowledge actually will help me at work. And I have prayed to the Divine (to The Father) about those headaches. What we need is a Wiccan for that. --seriously. Not some whacked out one, but a real one. Yes

Can you say what your family consists of? I mean who do you live with, or near? Kids, Grandkids?

Quote:And thanks for the well wishes. I don't mind hearing that you think things will turn out well. I don't even mind you praying for me. It tells me you want the best for me, and that, to me, is a great comfort. Thanks man.

Any time. Every day. [Image: therethere.gif]

Quote:Egor and I don't believe the same things when it comes to all that shenanigans, but we also have a silent understanding that we can be friends in spite of our differences.

I want to apologize especially to you. Hell is not a possible concept. Your situation was the first chink in the armor. When I contemplated your situation and was left with only hell as an end result--it became a paradox and a kind of contradiction. The Divine can't send you to hell and let me live in paradise--trust me on that one. And it couldn't just be because I held a theology you didn't hold when God encompases all theologies.

Of course, that meant Jesus had to be wrong. And I have come to realize, and it has been confirmed to me by the same Father I have known all my life as God, that Jesus was wrong. And it doesn't even take divine inspiration to figure it out--his own talk of hell is vague and doesn't even stay consistent throughout the Gospel. You know, I'm not sure hell even features in any of the other Gospels that weren't included in the Bible. Hmmm.Consider I don't think the Gospel of Thomas talks about it at all. I'm starting to suspect the four Gospels may have been selected and poisoned with that teaching just to control people. It certainly worked on me.

Well, get better, get comfortable, and I'll look for a Wiccan! [Image: peace2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
05-05-2013, 01:59 PM

(05-05-2013 11:52 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Talk with your doctor(s), Stark, but this may be just what you're looking for.

That's what I was thinking. A lot of people with brain tumors see a lot of good results with that.
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM

(05-05-2013 01:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Alright, alright egor, calm your tits. My response was perhaps a bit knee-jerkish. I see that you mean well. You can keep the point, I wasn't using it anyway. Tongue

In that case...thanks for the rep point again. [Image: tease.gif]
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
(05-05-2013 11:52 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Talk with your doctor(s), Stark, but this may be just what you're looking for.

Yes, that came to my mind too, and I have done some research into cancer treatments not long ago. It sounds like a good thing to me...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man