The Big C

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: The Big C
Stark, I hate to hear that you are dealing with pain that takes so much time out of your life, that really sucks.

One thing I learned is that you have to do what you think is right for you. Even people with the same diagnosis, that use the same treatment can have very different results. It depends a lot on each individual's make up.

At the first of the year I started dropping in to a Breast Cancer support group now and then. Every story is different, each result is different. I am the only one in the group that opted to decline chemo and radiation and go instead for the double mastectomy. I am looked at differently because I don't share the chemo ordeal or the radiation experiences. Some of the women told me that they weren't given an option not to do either one. They had the tumor(s) removed and underwent all the rest of the treatment. I took the option, I didn't wait for it to be offered. I researched and decided it wasn't right for me. So far, so good - nearly 3 and a half years.

One doctor told me to make my decision and then live with it, that's what I have been doing. Don't know what tomorrow may bring, but none of us do.

Friday, I will participate in the Relay for Life for the first time. I haven't been real successful with fund raising but I still want to go, see what it's all about and if I think it's worth it will step it up and make a plan for next year.

After the survivor lap, I will be walking laps for you, FSM's mom, my dad, and others that have or are dealing with this crappy disease.

I'm pulling for you Stark! Make up your mind and do it. It scary and it sucks...kick it's ass.

Angie

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post