The Big "G" is Dying?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: The Big "G" is Dying?
There'll be no more Goodyear blimp????? Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
(11-09-2016 08:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There'll be no more Goodyear blimp????? Gasp

No The replacement fleet will be zeppelins. True story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodyear_Blimp
11-09-2016, 08:35 PM
(10-09-2016 09:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 08:35 PM)kim Wrote:  That G is for Grand Commandery of the Knights Templar. Wink

I love it when interesting facts are shared!

Had to look it up and this is what greeted me Gasp

[Image: dv267.jpg]
http://www.knightstemplar.org

Bit of a smirk on his face. I'd be hard pressed to keep a straight face with that rig on my head. Gasp
11-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Quote:This prompts me to ask why it is that Christians persist in using the "big G" when they write the word.

Because they are assholes.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
12-09-2016, 06:47 AM
(10-09-2016 04:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 01:37 AM)kim Wrote:  For many, such reverence still seems compulsory - even our dear Aliza omits a letter in her spellings.

Yep... I've seen this letter omission on multiple posts on different forums, usually as "G_d". Why is it that some Christians are wary of even typing the name of their god? Are they—literally—fearful of "offending" it?

Instead, shouldn't they be loudly proclaiming its name everywhere, for all to see (and glorify)?

That's interesting. I've never known Christians to do that. I thought it was strictly a Jewish thing.
12-09-2016, 06:52 AM
I always thought it was because a reference to a specific god was a proper noun and, therefore, capitalized. When you speak of the Christian god, which is a specific character, it would be God, whereas if you were referring to any old generic god it would be small "g".

I just saw it as proper English.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
12-09-2016, 07:03 AM
For me personally a capital g refers to what is readily perceivable to the believer, subsidiary in nature as it is of GOD. GOD is a reference to the singular creative force of which we cannot know but through the subsidiary creations of GOD.

The same would be for the word Lord, LORD, lord, in which the latter is of little significance and may not even reference creation of GOD, or rather, it could reference a thing adverse to GOD.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
12-09-2016, 09:36 AM
(11-09-2016 08:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 09:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I love it when interesting facts are shared!

Had to look it up and this is what greeted me Gasp

[Image: dv267.jpg]
http://www.knightstemplar.org

Bit of a smirk on his face. I'd be hard pressed to keep a straight face with that rig on my head. Gasp

Ha - it's actually a very comfortable, velvet admiral's hat with an ostrich plume. I have to admit, that pictured plume is pretty fluffy - it looks like two plumes. Those hats have their own cases - they are custom made! The whole outfit comes with medals, rings, various pins and a very real sword. It's all custom bling.

My dad was a knight. When he died, I told my mom to give his hat and one of his swords to another knight but I have no idea if she did. I own his more ornate, older sword & a ring. It's all very elaborate and totally awesome shit. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-09-2016, 09:22 PM
(10-09-2016 05:29 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It's a proper name to my retard relatives. "There's only one GOD!"

"Yeah, and he's in the Avengers!"

Unless you ask Cap. "There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user