The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(25-08-2013 07:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 06:44 PM)theword Wrote:  Stevil, you must sell used cars for a living. I am not falling for your little box and close game. I stated that there is no proof for evolution, if you care to show some, then please be my guest.
I am trying to present the evidence to you by comparing how alternative explanations deal with the facts.

If a fact leads to a more plausible explanation for one theory in comparison to the explanations offered by an alternative theory then that fact and explanation can be considered as evidence for said theory.

Evolution has a very plausible explanation of why all humans have a faulty gene in regards to Vitiman C. It's because genes mutate and these mutations have been inhereted via a common ancestor.
So life evolved from a rock because of vitamin C. I'm being funny, but even so, this does not disprove creation and prove evolution.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 07:56 PM
(25-08-2013 06:43 PM)theword Wrote:  See how you ignore or discard the facts... typical atheist. They were all lies and fraud... why can't you be man enough to admit it?

This turnabout of assertions is what we have seen from fundamentalists all the way down the line to the day that Darwin first published his discovery. There's a reason he sat on it for so long before letting it loose, he realized how much sense it made and knew the implications it would have for christians and the war it would start.

The war against evolution is over. It has been for some time now and the rest of the world has moved on. I would imagine that you're two shakes of a lamb's tail away from being an atheist yourself. That would explain why you are here, on an atheist forum, railing as hard as you can against the one fact you don't have the intellectual fortitude to accept, because you know what it would mean for you to give in.

You're an educated man. I believe you have seen the evidence that solidifies the veracity of evolution. I think that on an honest level, you know it's correct, but it scares you to death to admit it. Why? Why are there so many christians willing to accept the truth about what we see in nature and still be able to maintain their faith, yet you can't?

You've been at this for so long, it would't matter if a crocoduck fell in you're lap. It wouldn't matter if you witnessed a dog give birth to an elephant.

Lies and fraud? Give a good long look at the history of religion.

Used car salesmen? A used car is a pretty good euphemism for the bible and how it's sold.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-08-2013, 08:06 PM
(25-08-2013 06:37 PM)theword Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 06:10 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

^This is not evolution.

Thats one of the first times people have said my posts are too long but its filled with the information regardless. You already wasted your time believing in fallacies so it won't be that much learning about the evidence of evolution.

Yes that is an example of natural selection. Now we do have varieties of chickens, dogs, cats, cows and pigs and yes you are correct that they give birth to the same species. If a cow ever turned into a chicken that would actually disprove evolution so you should strongly look for one since you have such a deep hatred for it. Evolution does not change a chicken to a dog. What it does is it takes an species and those that can survive and adapt propagate and those that die simply don't carry their genes to the next generation.

I have asked you for what your substitute for this is and you have yet to tell me. You seem to have a delusional view of evolution so I at least first advise you to read about the Theory of Evolution by means of Natural Selection and come back with your new thoughts because you clearly do not understand what it is.
You are wrong. That is natural selection, something both creationists and evolutionists believe. Evolutionists believe whales came from deer, and birds came from dinosaurs. This is untrue, it didn't happen, hasn't happened, does not happen now, and will not happen.

We have Mrs. Wendy Wright here guys.

I believe in evolution and out of all the scientists who study the diversity of species only a very minimal amount at most believe they simply poofed out of existence by God. Also, no scientist I have heard of has ever described a whale come from a deer but of course God just bringing things from existence from nothing makes thousands of times more sense. Love how we have to dumb things down so much. Of course we should believe in the Christianity that you come from and not the thousands of others. Of course yours is the right meaning of a book with genocides, infanticides, rape, murder and a numerous amount of contradictions. Yes, you stated four things that were unacceptable but science changed. Did you? No. Did the Bible? People are trying to change it now to hate gays but ignore other parts of killing women who aren't virgins on their wedding nights or eating shrimp.

Its laughable now because I believe you simply couldn't read the evidence I provided for you.

Its fine. Stay ignorant. Your children's children will change. This is not an argument you will win no matter how profoundly ignorant you remain. You simply cast out anger but when we criticize you its poor you. Just admit your bias and get done with it. Its fine but you add nothing to this conversation or any conversation including this. For the Christian's I know they would be unhappy knowing you were among them. Of course there is a bunch of Christian sects that can't agree with each other so just go, be happy and ignorant. People who think will change the world you can remain a sheep that evolved from a whale that you mistakenly think evolution is.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
25-08-2013, 08:22 PM
(25-08-2013 06:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 05:44 PM)theword Wrote:  Chas, once again you prove how ignorant you are. Do you want to see some evidence? I will show you. I have a book written in 1995, entitled "Vertebrates." It is written by an atheist professor, Kenneth V. Kardong. On page 189 of this book, Kardong gives a table of "Haeckel's comparison of early embryonic stages." The only problem with this is that Haeckel admitted this to be a fraud in 1910.
Maybe you can educate me on the Brontosaurus? Or Nebraska man? Or Piltdown man? I think it is you who needs a little more studying!

No, Haeckel admitted to have used the wrong plate for some illustrations.

Piltdown man was a fraud - so?

Brontosaurus was a duplicate name for an already named species.

Nebraska man was a misclassification on slim evidence.

If you think any or all of that is counter-evidence or disproof, your reasoning abilities are sorely lacking.
Chaz, these are outright frauds.
Here are the examples and non-Christian web sites that verify the fraud. evolution is a fraud... period.
1. Haeckel- faked drawings of embryos to prove evolution. Later recanted, admitted it was a hoax.
Article: NY Times- http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.ht...5B808DF1D3
2. Piltdown man
The Piltdown Man was a hoax in which bone fragments were presented as the fossilized remains of a previously unknown early human
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilt_down_man
3. Nebraska man- discovery thought to be the missing link, turned out to be a pigs tooth. Hoax!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man
4. Brontosaurus- A museum operator put the head of one dinosaur on another dinosaur body in an effort to win the “dinosaur war”… A complete fake.
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/brontosaurus.html
Chas, you do have a leg to stand on...
25-08-2013, 08:24 PM
(25-08-2013 04:03 PM)theword Wrote:  Shiruba, you wrote way too much for me to read. I really dont feel like wasting my time going through all of that.
Here is natural selection: mommy mouse gives birth to 5 brown mice and 5 white mice. The owls can see the white mice better, so they eat the white mice.... pretty soon, we only have (or at least the great majority) brown mice- in that area. White mice may survive perfectly other places.
We have many varieties of chickens, cows, dogs, ect.... But the fact is, they all give birth to other chickens, cows, and dogs. This variety is natural selection.
It's hard to give a definition for evolution- since evolution does not exist. A cow has never turned into a chicken and never will.

^This is not evolution.

Thats one of the first times people have said my posts are too long but its filled with the information regardless. You already wasted your time believing in fallacies so it won't be that much learning about the evidence of evolution.

Yes that is an example of natural selection. Now we do have varieties of chickens, dogs, cats, cows and pigs and yes you are correct that they give birth to the same species. If a cow ever turned into a chicken that would actually disprove evolution so you should strongly look for one since you have such a deep hatred for it. Evolution does not change a chicken to a dog. What it does is it takes an species and those that can survive and adapt propagate and those that die simply don't carry their genes to the next generation.

I have asked you for what your substitute for this is and you have yet to tell me. You seem to have a delusional view of evolution so I at least first advise you to read about the Theory of Evolution by means of Natural Selection and come back with your new thoughts because you clearly do not understand what it is.
Come on son, I have read,,,,there is no proof of evolution. If there was, you would show me. Instead you make long to read posts and send you tube videos. You have no proof, why don't you just admit it?
25-08-2013, 08:30 PM
(25-08-2013 07:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 06:43 PM)theword Wrote:  See how you ignore or discard the facts... typical atheist. They were all lies and fraud... why can't you be man enough to admit it?

This turnabout of assertions is what we have seen from fundamentalists all the way down the line to the day that Darwin first published his discovery. There's a reason he sat on it for so long before letting it loose, he realized how much sense it made and knew the implications it would have for christians and the war it would start.

The war against evolution is over. It has been for some time now and the rest of the world has moved on. I would imagine that you're two shakes of a lamb's tail away from being an atheist yourself. That would explain why you are here, on an atheist forum, railing as hard as you can against the one fact you don't have the intellectual fortitude to accept, because you know what it would mean for you to give in.

You're an educated man. I believe you have seen the evidence that solidifies the veracity of evolution. I think that on an honest level, you know it's correct, but it scares you to death to admit it. Why? Why are there so many christians willing to accept the truth about what we see in nature and still be able to maintain their faith, yet you can't?

You've been at this for so long, it would't matter if a crocoduck fell in you're lap. It wouldn't matter if you witnessed a dog give birth to an elephant.

Lies and fraud? Give a good long look at the history of religion.

Used car salesmen? A used car is a pretty good euphemism for the bible and how it's sold.
"Darwin sat on it for so long"... how do you atheists make up this stuff? Darwin's grandfather had the theory of evolution long before Charles. He was the one Charles learned from- look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Darwin
Again, another blah blah blah post with no facts.... because that's what you atheist evolutionists have is no facts.
25-08-2013, 08:31 PM
(25-08-2013 07:39 PM)theword Wrote:  Evolution has a very plausible explanation of why all humans have a faulty gene in regards to Vitiman C. It's because genes mutate and these mutations have been inhereted via a common ancestor.
So life evolved from a rock because of vitamin C. I'm being funny, but even so, this does not disprove creation and prove evolution.
[/quote]
Stop deflecting.
Let's compare the explanations. I've provided the evolutionary explaination regarding the faulty gene. If mankind was created by god then why did god give all of mankind a faulty gene? Is god a poor designer?
25-08-2013, 08:45 PM
(25-08-2013 08:31 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 07:39 PM)theword Wrote:  Evolution has a very plausible explanation of why all humans have a faulty gene in regards to Vitiman C. It's because genes mutate and these mutations have been inhereted via a common ancestor.
Stop deflecting.
Let's compare the explanations. I've provided the evolutionary explaination regarding the faulty gene. If mankind was created by god then why did god give all of mankind a faulty gene? Is god a poor designer?
[/quote]
You have not done anything. Genes mutate, we get that! That is not evolution. It is a bad gene. A chicken can have a bad gene and it wont give birth to a pig. You cannot show one thing on this earth that went from non-living to living. Yes, we have changes, a tadpole turns into a frog- not a pig. A rock is a rock- it will never produce a living organism.
Your round about explanations make no sense. evolution does not occur. Man did not evolve from a rock.
25-08-2013, 09:01 PM
(25-08-2013 08:45 PM)theword Wrote:  You have not done anything. Genes mutate, we get that! That is not evolution. It is a bad gene. A chicken can have a bad gene and it wont give birth to a pig. You cannot show one thing on this earth that went from non-living to living. Yes, we have changes, a tadpole turns into a frog- not a pig. A rock is a rock- it will never produce a living organism.
Your round about explanations make no sense. evolution does not occur. Man did not evolve from a rock.
Mutating genes is a key component in evolutionary theory. We couldn't have evolution without mutating genes. It would actually prove evolution false if you could prove that genes don't mutate, or if you could prove that there are structures that could not be progressively formed via incremental gene mutations. The theory of evolution is easily falsifiable and yet it has not been falsified.
If a chicken gave birth to a pig then that would be proof that Darwin's theory of evolution is incorrect. But such a thing hasn't happened so evolution still stands on solid ground even though it remains open to be falsified.
Living from non-living is not in the scope of evolution. Evolution only deals with how living organisms change and diverge over time.
So again, rather than deflecting.
" I've provided the evolutionary explaination regarding the faulty gene. If mankind was created by god then why did god give all of mankind a faulty gene? Is god a poor designer?"
25-08-2013, 09:03 PM
(25-08-2013 08:24 PM)theword Wrote:  

^This is not evolution.

Come on son, I have read,,,,there is no proof of evolution. If there was, you would show me. Instead you make long to read posts and send you tube videos. You have no proof, why don't you just admit it?

Are you willing to read a book on evolution?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user