The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(26-08-2013 12:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 08:00 AM)theword Wrote:  Another very unintelligent and ignorant atheist post

Did I really read in one of your posts the claim that humans are bigger and live longer so they are better than all other animals?
No, sorry. Please read again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 12:56 PM
(25-08-2013 09:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  OK, so are you saying that humans were created perfect and that we have broken our Vitiman C gene?
How did we do that?
How come it affects us all?
Do we all have a common ancestor, or are we all concieved perfect but somewhere between conception and birth this gene gets broken?
Can you please explain?
Evolution theory provides a detailed explaination, can creation theory match the level of detail?
TheWord, please elaborate. I need to know the Creation explanation.
Once we have this then we can start to introduce some more facts and see if we have evidence for or against evolution, for or against Creationism.

Thus far it seems all the facts, all the evidence matches evolution theory. But rather than take my word on it, we can work this out together. We need well articulated, detailed, measurable, observable and falsifiable theories, of which evolution is. I am not so familiar with Creation theory so need your help in articulating it.
But this is a very interesting exercise. Put them against each other, see how they each explain the evidence, see which one is more plausible.
You never know, maybe I will become a Creationist at the end of our discussion.
I am open to the evidence.
26-08-2013, 12:58 PM
(26-08-2013 12:50 PM)theword Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 12:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Did I really read in one of your posts the claim that humans are bigger and live longer so they are better than all other animals?
No, sorry. Please read again.

Then please explain what this means

"Let's look at the facts. The Bible says that man was perfect upon creation and has gone downhill ever since. Fact- man was bigger, animals were bigger, and (as reported in the Bible) man lived longer. So the fact that man is not what he was when Adam was alive is not surprising. Is God a poor designer? NO. Is man smaller (and some would say less healthy) than in Adam's day? Yes. It's all in the Bible. I don't have top make up facts. "

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-08-2013, 02:06 PM
(26-08-2013 12:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 09:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  OK, so are you saying that humans were created perfect and that we have broken our Vitiman C gene?
How did we do that?
How come it affects us all?
Do we all have a common ancestor, or are we all concieved perfect but somewhere between conception and birth this gene gets broken?
Can you please explain?
Evolution theory provides a detailed explaination, can creation theory match the level of detail?
TheWord, please elaborate. I need to know the Creation explanation.
Once we have this then we can start to introduce some more facts and see if we have evidence for or against evolution, for or against Creationism.

Thus far it seems all the facts, all the evidence matches evolution theory. But rather than take my word on it, we can work this out together. We need well articulated, detailed, measurable, observable and falsifiable theories, of which evolution is. I am not so familiar with Creation theory so need your help in articulating it.
But this is a very interesting exercise. Put them against each other, see how they each explain the evidence, see which one is more plausible.
You never know, maybe I will become a Creationist at the end of our discussion.
I am open to the evidence.
Look at how much effort you are spending on trying to prove evolution. Why can't you just admit that you have no proof. You have evidence that, in your opinion, supports evolution. I don't know why you guys cant be honest about it.
26-08-2013, 02:06 PM
We have the fossils, we win.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
26-08-2013, 02:08 PM
(26-08-2013 12:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 12:50 PM)theword Wrote:  No, sorry. Please read again.

Then please explain what this means

"Let's look at the facts. The Bible says that man was perfect upon creation and has gone downhill ever since. Fact- man was bigger, animals were bigger, and (as reported in the Bible) man lived longer. So the fact that man is not what he was when Adam was alive is not surprising. Is God a poor designer? NO. Is man smaller (and some would say less healthy) than in Adam's day? Yes. It's all in the Bible. I don't have top make up facts. "
It is self-explanatory. Where do you get from this that I said we were better than animals?
26-08-2013, 02:12 PM
(26-08-2013 02:08 PM)theword Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 12:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then please explain what this means

It is self-explanatory. Where do you get from this that I said we were better than animals?

So, we aren't?

And it isn't self-explanatory. I don't know where you get these "facts" from. I need clarification.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-08-2013, 02:55 PM
(26-08-2013 02:06 PM)theword Wrote:  Look at how much effort you are spending on trying to prove evolution. Why can't you just admit that you have no proof. You have evidence that, in your opinion, supports evolution. I don't know why you guys cant be honest about it.
My efforts thus far haven't been in regards to showing the proof. My efforts have been in attempting to engage you in honest discussion.
A mutual journey, to account for the facts, to assess whether they count as evidence for or against evolution or creation theory to see how the explainations look side by side. To see which seems more plausible, which offers a breakable, consistent and plausible explaination and yet does not break under scrutiny.
But it seems you are unwilling to play ball. Unwilling to address the evidence, unwilling to present a descriptive, falsifiable explaination for the evidence.
26-08-2013, 03:01 PM
(26-08-2013 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My efforts thus far haven't been in regards to showing the proof. My efforts have been in attempting to engage you in honest discussion.
A mutual journey, to account for the facts, to assess whether they count as evidence for or against evolution or creation theory to see how the explainations look side by side. To see which seems more plausible, which offers a breakable, consistent and plausible explaination and yet does not break under scrutiny.
But it seems you are unwilling to play ball. Unwilling to address the evidence, unwilling to present a descriptive, falsifiable explaination for the evidence.

Yes. That's how trolls work...

Undecided

... this is my signature!
26-08-2013, 03:13 PM
(26-08-2013 03:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes. That's how trolls work...

Undecided
Are trolls live that devoid of interest that they spend it on the internet wasting the time of all who participate?
Wouldn't they be best to seek out a friend that they can play with rather than wasting everyone's time?

What value do they get out of trolling?