The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(26-08-2013 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 02:06 PM)theword Wrote:  Look at how much effort you are spending on trying to prove evolution. Why can't you just admit that you have no proof. You have evidence that, in your opinion, supports evolution. I don't know why you guys cant be honest about it.
My efforts thus far haven't been in regards to showing the proof. My efforts have been in attempting to engage you in honest discussion.
A mutual journey, to account for the facts, to assess whether they count as evidence for or against evolution or creation theory to see how the explainations look side by side. To see which seems more plausible, which offers a breakable, consistent and plausible explaination and yet does not break under scrutiny.
But it seems you are unwilling to play ball. Unwilling to address the evidence, unwilling to present a descriptive, falsifiable explaination for the evidence.
because you have no proof. that is my point. I have done this many times and it always boils down to the atheist having no facts. Then when they cannot prove anything, then they shift their position.. no proof... just what I said in my previous 10 or so posts with you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 03:35 PM
(26-08-2013 03:31 PM)theword Wrote:  
(26-08-2013 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My efforts thus far haven't been in regards to showing the proof. My efforts have been in attempting to engage you in honest discussion.
A mutual journey, to account for the facts, to assess whether they count as evidence for or against evolution or creation theory to see how the explainations look side by side. To see which seems more plausible, which offers a breakable, consistent and plausible explaination and yet does not break under scrutiny.
But it seems you are unwilling to play ball. Unwilling to address the evidence, unwilling to present a descriptive, falsifiable explaination for the evidence.
because you have no proof. that is my point. I have done this many times and it always boils down to the atheist having no facts. Then when they cannot prove anything, then they shift their position.. no proof... just what I said in my previous 10 or so posts with you.

This is how you can tell it's a Poe. Even when someone asks a direct question that a normal troll would respond to he just falls back on his predesignated answer. Why anyone is still conversing with this ignorant fool is beyond me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-08-2013, 03:41 PM
(26-08-2013 03:31 PM)theword Wrote:  because you have no proof.
If you make this assertion again with me, then this conversation is over. I will not waste any further time in discussion with you.

There is an abundance of observable and measurable evidence that support the Theory of Evolution.

I am willing to show you some of the abundant proof for evolution. But you must also participate. For me to show you proof then I must know what your understanding of proof is so that I can address from your own perspective.

As with all facts it is important to assess whether the fact is relevant, whether it is evidence. With an abundance of evidence and in conjunction with an explanative falsifiable theory we then need to understand what our threshold is for pushing that through the "proof" barrier.

You are obviously sold on the bible, you have pushed that through your own "proof" barrier. So in order to see Evolution by that standard of yours, lets compare the two theories.
13-10-2013, 11:12 AM
(23-08-2013 08:04 PM)excubitor Wrote:  
(23-08-2013 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then you have not understood the structure of the human eye. It is built backwards with the light sensitive cells facing inward, with the nerves running across the light receiving side, and a huge blind spot where the nerves exit to the brain. Designed? Only if the designer is incompetent.
What arrogance. What do you think God thinks about this comment?
You do not call the creator God incompetent without this idle word being called to account at the judgement day.

I'd like to see you knock up a human eye in your garage.

When a baby forms in the womb there are 1.2 million nerves that grow from the babies brain and 1.2 million nerves that grow from the eye. By some miracle these nerve endings find their way through the flesh to meet up with each others exact matching nerve ending. How? These are mysteries that science has not even begun to scratch the surface to understand.
15-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Creationists forget one tiny thing about their creed. According to them the earth was formed in 6 days right? How many planets are there in the entire universe and lets not forget about stars and black holes and whateverelse thats out there we don't even know about yet. There is no possible way he could have done all that in 10,000 years.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
16-10-2013, 02:45 AM
(15-10-2013 09:28 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Creationists forget one tiny thing about their creed. According to them the earth was formed in 6 days right? How many planets are there in the entire universe and lets not forget about stars and black holes and whateverelse thats out there we don't even know about yet. There is no possible way he could have done all that in 10,000 years.
Huh?
Is anything impossible for God? All the heavens and earth were made in a single day including all of the stars and planets. What exactly was I forgetting in my creed?
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day [4] from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, [5] and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
16-10-2013, 08:09 AM
An entity with such GRAND power, as claimed in the above post [#126], yet is conveniently hidden, quiet, and basically non-existent in any real or compelling way. The only way people "know this god exists" is from an ancient book and some anecdotal claims. Imagine this . . . . . . and imagine the emmense power it would take to instantly pop the universe into existence with just a word. And if this entity IS omniscient, . . . it would be like, . . . "meh, . . that was nothing!"

Is there anything credible about this entity? Undecided
17-10-2013, 03:08 AM
(16-10-2013 08:09 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  An entity with such GRAND power, as claimed in the above post [#126], yet is conveniently hidden, quiet, and basically non-existent in any real or compelling way. The only way people "know this god exists" is from an ancient book and some anecdotal claims. Imagine this . . . . . . and imagine the emmense power it would take to instantly pop the universe into existence with just a word. And if this entity IS omniscient, . . . it would be like, . . . "meh, . . that was nothing!"

Clearly there is because 1 billion Catholics believe in him. They confess in the Credo which is where we get the word credibility.

Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem,
Factórem cæli et terræ, Visibílium ómnium et invisibílium.

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, of things visible and invisible.

How immense would a power be to create the universe in 10 billion years? What difference does time make? Would he be any less powerful if he took 10 million years or 10 thousand years or 10 years?
Time is nothing to God. An instant is the same as eternity with God because he is outside time and outside space. He made time as a concept that is tied to the physical realm. If God is so powerful that he can make time, then he needs as much time or little time as he needs to also make the entire universe. God could have made the universe and all that is in it in an instant. The reason he made it in a week was for the benefit of man. To show that the creation was a planned and ordered construction, not a big bang. To teach men the concept of work and that God works. To teach man about the Sabbath and the need to rest on every 7th day. To teach man that God is good and that all he makes is good and very good.

The evidence for an incomprehensibly mighty creator and designer is the creation. You cannot have a creation without a creator. The evidence of design in the universe is evidence of an intelligent designer. For some reason I look at dolphins and regard them as evidence of an incredibly powerful and almighty God.

Of course you cannot conceive of the greatness of God. The pagans always had pathetic gods. The neo-pagans of today call themselves atheists and evolutionists, but they too have a pitiful god. Their god is nature and chance. They owe their existence to their miserable god of nature and chance. When you are in trouble you will have no almighty God to call upon but your fate will be left to nature and chance. Good luck to you, but as for me and my house, I will call upon the name of the Lord.
17-10-2013, 06:40 AM
(17-10-2013 03:08 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 08:09 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  An entity with such GRAND power, as claimed in the above post [#126], yet is conveniently hidden, quiet, and basically non-existent in any real or compelling way. The only way people "know this god exists" is from an ancient book and some anecdotal claims. Imagine this . . . . . . and imagine the emmense power it would take to instantly pop the universe into existence with just a word. And if this entity IS omniscient, . . . it would be like, . . . "meh, . . that was nothing!"

Clearly there is because 1 billion Catholics believe in him. They confess in the Credo which is where we get the word credibility.

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, of things visible and invisible.

How immense would a power be to create the universe in 10 billion years? What difference does time make? Would he be any less powerful if he took 10 million years or 10 thousand years or 10 years?
Time is nothing to God. An instant is the same as eternity with God because he is outside time and outside space. He made time as a concept that is tied to the physical realm. If God is so powerful that he can make time, then he needs as much time or little time as he needs to also make the entire universe. God could have made the universe and all that is in it in an instant. The reason he made it in a week was for the benefit of man. To show that the creation was a planned and ordered construction, not a big bang. To teach men the concept of work and that God works. To teach man about the Sabbath and the need to rest on every 7th day. To teach man that God is good and that all he makes is good and very good.

The evidence for an incomprehensibly mighty creator and designer is the creation. You cannot have a creation without a creator. The evidence of design in the universe is evidence of an intelligent designer. For some reason I look at dolphins and regard them as evidence of an incredibly powerful and almighty God.

Of course you cannot conceive of the greatness of God. The pagans always had pathetic gods. The neo-pagans of today call themselves atheists and evolutionists, but they too have a pitiful god. Their god is nature and chance. They owe their existence to their miserable god of nature and chance. When you are in trouble you will have no almighty God to call upon but your fate will be left to nature and chance. Good luck to you, but as for me and my house, I will call upon the name of the Lord.
What is god to you? Is he a metaphoric god the way you claim evolutionists and atheists have?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-10-2013, 07:01 AM
(17-10-2013 06:40 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 03:08 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Clearly there is because 1 billion Catholics believe in him. They confess in the Credo which is where we get the word credibility.

What is god to you? Is he a metaphoric god the way you claim evolutionists and atheists have?
My God is very real and very true.