The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 07:58 AM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(17-10-2013 07:01 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 06:40 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  What is god to you? Is he a metaphoric god the way you claim evolutionists and atheists have?
My God is very real and very true.
How would you view someone who believes god to be a metaphor, a metaphor for life all things eternal all things know and not known. Something that must be found within to tully see. You say the catholic god is true do you think the other christian denominations are wrong? How about the god of islam? Do you talk to muslims to say they worship the wrong god?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 08:40 AM
(16-10-2013 02:45 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 09:28 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Creationists forget one tiny thing about their creed. According to them the earth was formed in 6 days right? How many planets are there in the entire universe and lets not forget about stars and black holes and whateverelse thats out there we don't even know about yet. There is no possible way he could have done all that in 10,000 years.
Huh?
Is anything impossible for God? All the heavens and earth were made in a single day including all of the stars and planets. What exactly was I forgetting in my creed?
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day [4] from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, [5] and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Your god does impossible things we get that. I am talking about young earth creationist who believe the earth is only 6,000 to 10,000 years old. Also that dinosaurs were vegetarians and lived along side humans.

17-10-2013, 09:24 AM
(24-08-2013 09:24 PM)theword Wrote:  has not only ever been proved, it has obviously never been seen. Which is what makes your little theory a fairy tale.

I'm sorry, who's never been seen or proven?
17-10-2013, 12:04 PM
(17-10-2013 03:08 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Clearly there is because 1 billion Catholics believe in him.

Dear me. 1 whole billion!

That's almost one in seven people!

I wonder what the 5 billion non-Christians and 6 billion non-Catholics are doing wrong.

(notwithstanding that you, yourself, disagree violently with the professed doctrine of the modern Catholic church)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
18-10-2013, 08:57 AM
(17-10-2013 07:58 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 07:01 AM)excubitor Wrote:  My God is very real and very true.
How would you view someone who believes god to be a metaphor, a metaphor for life all things eternal all things know and not known. Something that must be found within to tully see.
Confused.
This is mumbo jumbo from eastern religions.
God is as real and as true as your mamma and he absolutely made everything in the universe including your mamma.

(17-10-2013 07:58 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You say the catholic god is true do you think the other christian denominations are wrong?
Obviously.
They disagree with us on large amounts of doctrinal issues, many of them very serious.

(17-10-2013 07:58 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  How about the god of islam? Do you talk to muslims to say they worship the wrong god?
Allah is not the same as the Christian God, however I am happy to mention to the muslim elements of similarity between Allah and the Christian God which can be the beginning of bonds of peace and understanding and dialogue.

In short, there is only one true and real God and he is the God who has revealed himself to the Catholic church.
All other religions are false. There is only one truth. Therefore there is only one system of belief that is correct, and all the others are false.
18-10-2013, 09:08 AM
(18-10-2013 08:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  They disagree with us on large amounts of doctrinal issues, many of them very serious.

hahaha, Theists will never get how funny this is to an Atheist.

Ok we agree we have the same imaginary friend in principle , but we strongly disagree on how to he wants us to crack our boiled eggs.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
18-10-2013, 09:58 AM
(18-10-2013 09:08 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 08:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  They disagree with us on large amounts of doctrinal issues, many of them very serious.

hahaha, Theists will never get how funny this is to an Atheist.

Ok we agree we have the same imaginary friend in principle , but we strongly disagree on how to he wants us to crack our boiled eggs.

I think this sums religious fighting up nicely.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Golden, The Zooks are obviously Young earth creationists, as gravity is just a theory to them.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-10-2013, 11:01 AM
(18-10-2013 08:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Allah is not the same as the Christian God, however I am happy to mention to the muslim elements of similarity between Allah and the Christian God which can be the beginning of bonds of peace and understanding and dialogue.

In short, there is only one true and real God and he is the God who has revealed himself to the Catholic church.
All other religions are false. There is only one truth. Therefore there is only one system of belief that is correct, and all the others are false.
Thank you for your honesty. Now These are the answers that interest me. Why not spread your true god to muslims and other faiths? As in going to their forums or going to their houses of worship. What is your ultimate goal for debating this with atheists? Do you seek to save our souls, convert us, what?

18-10-2013, 11:30 AM
(18-10-2013 08:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  All other religions are false. There is only one truth. Therefore there is only one system of belief that is correct, and all the others are false.

How wonderfully felicitous, that you should have had the fortune and grace to find the one right one! How tragic, that so many billions of others - for all their equal conviction! for all their equal evidence! for all their equal tradition! - should be so wrong.

I wonder why that is.

... this is my signature!