The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(18-10-2013 11:01 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 08:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Allah is not the same as the Christian God, however I am happy to mention to the muslim elements of similarity between Allah and the Christian God which can be the beginning of bonds of peace and understanding and dialogue.

In short, there is only one true and real God and he is the God who has revealed himself to the Catholic church.
All other religions are false. There is only one truth. Therefore there is only one system of belief that is correct, and all the others are false.
Thank you for your honesty. Now These are the answers that interest me. Why not spread your true god to muslims and other faiths? As in going to their forums or going to their houses of worship. What is your ultimate goal for debating this with atheists? Do you seek to save our souls, convert us, what?
Yes. Atheists are the most in need of Gods mercy of these groups of people. I preach the gospel of good news here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were christians as children and have committed apostasy by departing the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off atheists are apostates as opposed to those who have never believed, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all apostates will go to hell and damnation but there may be a number of atheists here who have not fully rejected God who deny him because of the brainwashing they have received from the school system and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Lord with a whole and unfeigned heart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 05:27 PM
(18-10-2013 04:57 PM)excubitor Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:01 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Thank you for your honesty. Now These are the answers that interest me. Why not spread your true god to muslims and other faiths? As in going to their forums or going to their houses of worship. What is your ultimate goal for debating this with atheists? Do you seek to save our souls, convert us, what?
Yes. Atheists are the most in need of Gods mercy of these groups of people. I preach the gospel of good news here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were christians as children and have committed apostasy by departing the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off atheists are apostates as opposed to those who have never believed, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all apostates will go to hell and damnation but there may be a number of atheists here who have not fully rejected God who deny him because of the brainwashing they have received from the school system and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Lord with a whole and unfeigned heart.
Brainwashed? Wow. We think the same way of most christiansTongue Its amazing how much we actually have in common. Schools don't teach people not to believe in god. Most of our parents are still believers as well. I suppose I should be flattered to think that you want my soul to be saved. I suppose its a nice thought. The thing is we don't need saving. I will gladly risk damnation knowing I got to live a life of my choosing. Tell me my dear friend, how would you feel if a muslim was trying to convert you saying that you were worshiping the wrong god. To the muslim Islam is the final revelation, the Quran the pure unedited word of god. They too only want to save your soul.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-10-2013, 05:29 PM
(18-10-2013 04:57 PM)excubitor Wrote:  Yes. Atheists are the most in need of Gods mercy of these groups of people. I preach the gospel of good news here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were christians as children and have committed apostasy by departing the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off atheists are apostates as opposed to those who have never believed, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all apostates will go to hell and damnation but there may be a number of atheists here who have not fully rejected God who deny him because of the brainwashing they have received from the school system and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Lord with a whole and unfeigned heart.

Yes. Christians are the most in need of the Twelve Olympians's mercy of these groups of people. I preach the Illiad and teach how to worship them here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were atheists as infants and have committed heresy by ignoring the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off christians are heretics as opposed to those who have apostated, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all heretics will go to Tartatrus and damnation but there may be a number of Christians here who have not fully ignored the Twelve Olympians who deny them because of the brainwashing they have received from the Church and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Zeus and his family with a whole and unfeigned heart.
18-10-2013, 05:32 PM
(18-10-2013 05:29 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 04:57 PM)excubitor Wrote:  Yes. Atheists are the most in need of Gods mercy of these groups of people. I preach the gospel of good news here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were christians as children and have committed apostasy by departing the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off atheists are apostates as opposed to those who have never believed, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all apostates will go to hell and damnation but there may be a number of atheists here who have not fully rejected God who deny him because of the brainwashing they have received from the school system and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Lord with a whole and unfeigned heart.

Yes. Christians are the most in need of the Twelve Olympians's mercy of these groups of people. I preach the Illiad and teach how to worship them here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were atheists as infants and have committed heresy by ignoring the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off christians are heretics as opposed to those who have apostated, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all heretics will go to Tartatrus and damnation but there may be a number of Christians here who have not fully ignored the Twelve Olympians who deny them because of the brainwashing they have received from the Church and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Zeus and his family with a whole and unfeigned heart.
Praise Zeus! He can kick your gods ass!

18-10-2013, 05:38 PM
(18-10-2013 05:32 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 05:29 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Yes. Christians are the most in need of the Twelve Olympians's mercy of these groups of people. I preach the Illiad and teach how to worship them here for the salvation of souls. Many of you were atheists as infants and have committed heresy by ignoring the faith. I might start a poll to see what proportion off christians are heretics as opposed to those who have apostated, but I expect that it is a large proportion. In my view, all heretics will go to Tartatrus and damnation but there may be a number of Christians here who have not fully ignored the Twelve Olympians who deny them because of the brainwashing they have received from the Church and from their parents. I how that my words will be catalysts for a powerful conversion of mind and heart. May the scales be lifted from their eyes and may they turn to Zeus and his family with a whole and unfeigned heart.
Praise Zeus! He can kick your gods ass!

Zeus doesn't even have to be the one to do it. Just send Ares at Yahweh and have Hades clean up the mess.
18-10-2013, 05:43 PM
(18-10-2013 05:38 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 05:32 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Praise Zeus! He can kick your gods ass!

Zeus doesn't even have to be the one to do it. Just send Ares at Yahweh and have Hades clean up the mess.
What I want to see is Ares and Mars face off in combat. That would be epic..or might me a stalemate if you get my meaningTongue

18-10-2013, 05:58 PM
(18-10-2013 05:43 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 05:38 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Zeus doesn't even have to be the one to do it. Just send Ares at Yahweh and have Hades clean up the mess.
What I want to see is Ares and Mars face off in combat. That would be epic..or might me a stalemate if you get my meaningTongue
Given that Yahwey was also originally the god of war in the mythology that originally spawned him, I think we had similar ideas for this. Big Grin

Since Ares embodies the more brutal and savage aspects of war, and Mars is just war in general (Athena was strategy and such but they gave that to Mars), I think Ares would win as the only thing that can beat the most experienced swordsman is the most erratic one.
18-10-2013, 06:08 PM
(18-10-2013 05:58 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 05:43 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  What I want to see is Ares and Mars face off in combat. That would be epic..or might me a stalemate if you get my meaningTongue
Given that Yahwey was also originally the god of war in the mythology that originally spawned him, I think we had similar ideas for this. Big Grin

Since Ares embodies the more brutal and savage aspects of war, and Mars is just war in general (Athena was strategy and such but they gave that to Mars), I think Ares would win as the only thing that can beat the most experienced swordsman is the most erratic one.
Have you seen the history of god video? Theres also a book. The old and new testaments weren't the same god but had many different gods. The people just showed favor to a specific god in the hierarchy throughout. Of course this changed a bit but there are still some remnants of it. "You shall have no other gods before me" Doesn't that imply that there are other gods? Sounds like its showing favoritism to a specific god.

18-10-2013, 06:14 PM
(18-10-2013 06:08 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Have you seen the history of god video? Theres also a book. The old and new testaments weren't the same god but had many different gods. The people just showed favor to a specific god in the hierarchy throughout. Of course this changed a bit but there are still some remnants of it. "You shall have no other gods before me" Doesn't that imply that there are other gods? Sounds like its showing favoritism to a specific god.

I have seen a video that explains the history of god in about 15 minutes, in "Why I am No Longer A Christian", around 22 parts in the video series, this being one of the topics.

But I found there are other videos describing the historie of this god fellow here. El Elyon, Jehova, different gods eventually merged into one, which explains why he has many names and his erratic personality.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
18-10-2013, 07:13 PM
(18-10-2013 06:14 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:08 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Have you seen the history of god video? Theres also a book. The old and new testaments weren't the same god but had many different gods. The people just showed favor to a specific god in the hierarchy throughout. Of course this changed a bit but there are still some remnants of it. "You shall have no other gods before me" Doesn't that imply that there are other gods? Sounds like its showing favoritism to a specific god.

I have seen a video that explains the history of god in about 15 minutes, in "Why I am No Longer A Christian", around 22 parts in the video series, this being one of the topics.

But I found there are other videos describing the historie of this god fellow here. El Elyon, Jehova, different gods eventually merged into one, which explains why he has many names and his erratic personality.
Thats the one! You my friend might be interested in some Joseph Campbell videos. Look him up, he's a mythologists. He makes the religious myths actually inspiring.

[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post