The Big Think Creationism debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: The Big Think Creationism debate
(24-08-2013 09:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:24 PM)theword Wrote:  Thank you so much for your reply and calling me a child. I take that as a compliment being that I am probably much older, and far more educated than you. I do marvel at the fact that evolutionists always hide behind species taking millions of years to evolve. The reason for that is because we have never seen a species evolve. You see, evolution, as you describe has not only ever been proved, it has obviously never been seen. Which is what makes your little theory a fairy tale.

Yeah, you... didn't read word one of those articles.
You still have no proof. Why cant you admit it....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 09:44 PM
(24-08-2013 09:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:24 PM)theword Wrote:  Thank you so much for your reply and calling me a child. I take that as a compliment being that I am probably much older, and far more educated than you.

Soooo, the education just didn't take or what? You're profoundly ignorant for such a smarty pants.
Thank you eve,
See, another typical evolutionist and atheistic response. No substance, no proof, and downright ignorant.
24-08-2013, 09:46 PM
(24-08-2013 09:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Soooo, the education just didn't take or what? You're profoundly ignorant for such a smarty pants.

Careful, evenheathen. Those degrees in Truthology from Christian Tech cost him a lot of postage.

Unfortunately his academic connections don't seem to give him access to current scholastic journal databases, or he'd've made the attempt at actually reading the literature I thoughtfully provided.
still no proof... no evolution today, no proof any any yesterday. Purely speculation.....
24-08-2013, 09:52 PM
(24-08-2013 09:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:24 PM)theword Wrote:  Thank you so much for your reply and calling me a child. I take that as a compliment being that I am probably much older, and far more educated than you. I do marvel at the fact that evolutionists always hide behind species taking millions of years to evolve. The reason for that is because we have never seen a species evolve. You see, evolution, as you describe has not only ever been proved, it has obviously never been seen. Which is what makes your little theory a fairy tale.

Yeah, you... didn't read word one of those articles.
Here is a bio one one of the authors that you gave to "prove" evolution:
"I am an evolutionary geneticist interested in various aspects of molecular evolution and population genetics. Genetic basis of local adaptation, genome wide effects of demographic history and natural selection on molecular variation are in my focus. Most of my work has been done with plants: Scots pine, Arabidopsis lyrata and Zea mays (maize and teosinte)."
The chick studies plants and from that you want me to believe that man came from apes, or from a rock, or from the sea.
Why don;t you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about?
24-08-2013, 10:03 PM
(24-08-2013 09:52 PM)theword Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yeah, you... didn't read word one of those articles.
"I am an evolutionary geneticist interested in various aspects of molecular evolution and population genetics. Genetic basis of local adaptation, genome wide effects of demographic history and natural selection on molecular variation are in my focus. Most of my work has been done with plants: Scots pine, Arabidopsis lyrata and Zea mays (maize and teosinte)."
The chick studies plants and from that you want me to believe that man came from apes, or from a rock, or from the sea.
Why don't you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about?
24-08-2013, 10:11 PM
(24-08-2013 09:46 PM)theword Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Careful, evenheathen. Those degrees in Truthology from Christian Tech cost him a lot of postage.

Unfortunately his academic connections don't seem to give him access to current scholastic journal databases, or he'd've made the attempt at actually reading the literature I thoughtfully provided.
still no proof... no god today, no proof any any yesterday. Purely speculation.....

Fixt!

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-08-2013, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2013 12:50 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
(24-08-2013 09:52 PM)theword Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 09:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yeah, you... didn't read word one of those articles.
Why don;t you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about?

I am ridiculously curious on what your proposal on the diversity of species is. I am insanely interested on what you believe it to be. Is the world six thousand years old or is it billions? If God created all the animals the way they are why can't we find Chihuahua's in the distant past? Dogs are a great example of evolution seeing the radically different species erupt from a single ancestor. Same with Banana's. They came with our intervention. If you know what you are talking about then share it. I am willing to listen but you have to provide something with evidence and if you simply point at the Bible then we have nothing to talk about.

There is a large difference between the two of us. I am freaking willing to admit I am wrong and I will change my views with whats right. I have done that a couple times on this forum and elsewhere already. I want to be right but unfortunately for you I believe it isn't the same. Like friends I know and family I love you don't want to be right but would rather just continue to think you are right regardless of all the information against you. You can admit your bias or not but its the same, I only have a handful of Christians I can think who could change and one is probably the closest person in my life but thinking that way is supposedly not Christian. If you think that way then you will never get to the truth no matter how blatant it is.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
25-08-2013, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2013 03:44 AM by DLJ.)
(24-08-2013 08:22 PM)theword Wrote:  ...
I love it! You guys are wacked! There is no proof for evolution and you may think by using the blah blah blah to study cybernetic systems is proof that man evolved form a rock is nonsense. You have no proof. Admit it, you have a senseless theory to fit your Godless lifestyle and that is it! Period!

Tired and stressed after yet another taxi / flight /taxi to KL.

Checked in, unpacked, logged in, read this.

Guffawed out loud.

Thank you for lightening my mood.

"evolved from rock" ... classic!

Yeah, yeah, I get it: life from non-life.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that 'life' is a human construction / model?

Physics --> Chemistry --> Biology ... a continuum... not a series of upgrades requiring external intervention.

Methinks that someone's biological processor is buried in eroded mineral deposits.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-08-2013, 02:21 AM
(24-08-2013 08:22 PM)theword Wrote:  I love it! You guys are wacked! There is no proof for evolution and you may think by using the blah blah blah to study cybernetic systems is proof that man evolved form a rock is nonsense. You have no proof. Admit it, you have a senseless theory to fit your Godless lifestyle and that is it! Period!
What would you consider as proof?
Can you please provide an example so that I can clearly understand what your criteria is?
25-08-2013, 08:06 AM
(25-08-2013 02:21 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 08:22 PM)theword Wrote:  I love it! You guys are wacked! There is no proof for evolution and you may think by using the blah blah blah to study cybernetic systems is proof that man evolved from a rock is nonsense. You have no proof. Admit it, you have a senseless theory to fit your Godless lifestyle and that is it! Period!
What would you consider as proof?
Can you please provide an example so that I can clearly understand what your criteria is?