The Bigger Picture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 10:37 AM
The Bigger Picture
Often times as atheist I get so caught up with proving my point sometimes that instead I forget what it's really about. It's not about making myself look smarter or making someone else look foolish. With that outlook the big problem never gets fix. The biggest problem that we face a the human race is our ability to truly be free and think for ourselves critically. To many people are truly never taught to think critically to solve problems and it is definitely showing throughout the world. The best thing that anyone can have is the ability to to know how to think and not what. Until we break free from that as humans(black, white, brown, gay, straight, protestant, baptist, atheist, agnostic, republican, democrat, Chinese, Russian or whatever you are) we will always be restricted. Once everyone accepts that there will always be an outlook on what we are individually instead of what we are as a whole, the human race. Divided by labels, we will always be restricted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like MrKrispy601's post
13-01-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: The Bigger Picture
Labels serve a point though. Everyone has an identity which is defined by their experience. It comes down to if you want to be around people who are just like you and reinforce your worldview and share your experience or if you are fascinated by others and want to know what theirs is and learn from them. Otherness is scary for some people. Some people find it intriguing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply