The Bill Cosby allegations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 07:06 PM
The Bill Cosby allegations
Just curious what you guys think should happen with this whole thing. Should he be brought to trial and if he's convicted should he be sent to prison. Someone on the news was talking statute of limitation and all that. He's almost 80. Do you believe the women? It's a hard thing to prove when the crime is 30 plus years ago. There seems to be more and more women coming forward with allegations.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: The Bill Cosby allegations
(04-12-2014 07:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Just curious what you guys think should happen with this whole thing. Should he be brought to trial and if he's convicted should he be sent to prison. Someone on the news was talking statute of limitation and all that. He's almost 80. Do you believe the women? It's a hard thing to prove when the crime is 30 plus years ago. There seems to be more and more women coming forward with allegations.

Can't, statue of limitations has expired. So this child raping P.O.S. will not be held accountable. I am always suspect of 30 years later 20 women coming out of the woodwork with allegations of rape...but I do understand he was a very powerful figure in hollywood, and the "casting couch" is way into the business so to speak...despicably so. I can understand that no one would want to cross him, but then I think...wait a minute, I am a 14 yo girl, and this smelly old man drugs me and rapes me and I dont tell no one?.......I dunno, I wouldnt care who he was, I would be running to the cops....and my parents...

To drug and rape teens is a whole nother level of fucked up...if he did it, and I have a feeling he may have, but feelings are just that...feelings...not evidence.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-12-2014, 07:42 PM
(04-12-2014 07:21 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 07:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Just curious what you guys think should happen with this whole thing. Should he be brought to trial and if he's convicted should he be sent to prison. Someone on the news was talking statute of limitation and all that. He's almost 80. Do you believe the women? It's a hard thing to prove when the crime is 30 plus years ago. There seems to be more and more women coming forward with allegations.

Can't, statue of limitations has expired. So this child raping P.O.S. will not be held accountable. I am always suspect of 30 years later 20 women coming out of the woodwork with allegations of rape...but I do understand he was a very powerful figure in hollywood, and the "casting couch" is way into the business so to speak...despicably so. I can understand that no one would want to cross him, but then I think...wait a minute, I am a 14 yo girl, and this smelly old man drugs me and rapes me and I dont tell no one?.......I dunno, I wouldnt care who he was, I would be running to the cops....and my parents...

To drug and rape teens is a whole nother level of fucked up...if he did it, and I have a feeling he may have, but feelings are just that...feelings...not evidence.

I think it's around 20 women who have come forward. Not sure if this makes the allegations more or less believable. Sometimes nutty people pile on just for the publicity. I donno, I loved Cosby when I was a kid. I thought he was so funny but what you see on stage or screen is different than reality.

A bit off topic here. I had a friend who worked as an intern on the Johnny Carson Show and saw Bob Hope in the underground parking lot, way over in a dark corner with his pants down going at it with one of the female dancers that was going to be on the show that night. Bob Hope. The all American guy.

04-12-2014, 09:28 PM
(04-12-2014 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 07:21 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Can't, statue of limitations has expired. So this child raping P.O.S. will not be held accountable. I am always suspect of 30 years later 20 women coming out of the woodwork with allegations of rape...but I do understand he was a very powerful figure in hollywood, and the "casting couch" is way into the business so to speak...despicably so. I can understand that no one would want to cross him, but then I think...wait a minute, I am a 14 yo girl, and this smelly old man drugs me and rapes me and I dont tell no one?.......I dunno, I wouldnt care who he was, I would be running to the cops....and my parents...

I think it's around 20 women who have come forward. Not sure if this makes the allegations more or less believable. Sometimes nutty people pile on just for the publicity. I donno, I loved Cosby when I was a kid. I thought he was so funny but what you see on stage or screen is different than reality.

A bit off topic here. I had a friend who worked as an intern on the Johnny Carson Show and saw Bob Hope in the underground parking lot, way over in a dark corner with his pants down going at it with one of the female dancers that was going to be on the show that night. Bob Hope. The all American guy.

I agree, it was extremely shocking to hear of these allegations....this is the man that did comedy without cursing....I loved this guy.....sad, sick and twisted...if it is true.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-12-2014, 09:39 PM
It is not unbelievable that he did it, but it is also not unbelievable that he set up this whole thing to get attention. I forgot bill cosby was alive until this moment.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-12-2014, 09:45 PM
One of my heros, way back when. He is toast, whether it's true or not. Lose - lose for all involved.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
04-12-2014, 10:38 PM
(04-12-2014 09:45 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  One of my heros, way back when. He is toast, whether it's true or not. Lose - lose for all involved.

Yep, I was having a fine old time dvr'ing old Cosby episodes, and watching them on lazy weekends. Seeing all this shit come out.... I can't watch them No I can't watch him pretend to be the moral role model.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
04-12-2014, 11:06 PM
(04-12-2014 09:45 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  One of my heros, way back when. He is toast, whether it's true or not. Lose - lose for all involved.

Yup.

Sad

And if it's true, I feel for the victims… the secret this whole time. Traumatizing.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
(04-12-2014 07:21 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Well, if the statute of limitations has expired then why are lawyers getting involved? Can the women somehow bring some sort of lawsuit even though it's past the limitation. I'm no lawyer so......??

05-12-2014, 12:22 AM
(04-12-2014 10:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Yep, I was having a fine old time dvr'ing old Cosby episodes, and watching them on lazy weekends. Seeing all this shit come out.... I can't watch them No I can't watch him pretend to be the moral role model.

And those sweaters! Ugh! I mean really, come on! Tongue