The Bill Cosby allegations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: The Bill Cosby allegations
Quote:why are lawyers getting involved?

It's called extortion.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 12:11 AM
You all know most of these allegations are not new right? They just so happen to re appear when the topic became popular again by Hannibal Buress. They decided not to file charges against him back then and i doubt they will now since it seems like only for money and fame. Why wait until the topic became popular again to go through all this?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-12-2014, 12:47 AM
In the 80's my ex-husband and I, with our newborn son, rented a lovely apartment in the Hollywood Hills. Primrose Lane, the street was, and our landlady was none other than Louisa Moritz (the ditzy blonde in One Flew Over and Up in Smoke), one of the Cosby accusers.

If you are following this awful saga, he tried to force her to blow him backstage at the Tonight Show. I can hereby attest that this woman is no liar and no bimbo, she is an extremely intelligent and accomplished business woman and attorney. I believe her when she relates her story about Bill Cosby. As a musician myself in Hollywood back then, I know that behavior was rampant with powerful men, and women didn't speak out because drugs were always involved and drugs ended careers.

Regarding the statute of limitations, people who are sexually abused are forced to carry out life sentences, why aren't their assailants? There should be no statute of limitations on sexual crimes, period, especially with the technology we have today.

~incrédulité~
[+] 4 users Like sansdieux's post
07-12-2014, 02:53 AM
(07-12-2014 12:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  You all know most of these allegations are not new right? They just so happen to re appear when the topic became popular again by Hannibal Buress. They decided not to file charges against him back then and i doubt they will now since it seems like only for money and fame. Why wait until the topic became popular again to go through all this?

Even if they are coming forward now because of the money and/or fame, so what?
If what they say is true, and I believe them, than they deserve at the very least all the money they can prey out of that old dried up cuntball sack of shit.

If he did what they say he did than he deserves to lose all his money and have his name dragged through the mud and the public deserve to know what a worthless piece of garbage he is.

Money and/or fame or not, those women should speak up.
07-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Legal systems seem to fail victims of sexual assault and rape so much that my default stance now is to believe all allegations until proved otherwise, either with a not guilty verdict or a charge of making a false allegation. The idea that women make up these allegations in large numbers is not one I accept.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
07-12-2014, 09:02 AM
(07-12-2014 08:56 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Legal systems seem to fail victims of sexual assault and rape so much that my default stance now is to believe all allegations until proved otherwise, either with a not guilty verdict or a charge of making a false allegation. The idea that women make up these allegations in large numbers is not one I accept.

I would have completely agreed with you about the numbers of women yesterday. Then I learned Gloria Alred is the [self-appointed] lawyer for many of these women. Now the seeds of mistrust have been sown, and I only sort of agree with you.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
10-12-2014, 07:25 PM
(07-12-2014 12:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  You all know most of these allegations are not new right? They just so happen to re appear when the topic became popular again by Hannibal Buress. They decided not to file charges against him back then and i doubt they will now since it seems like only for money and fame. Why wait until the topic became popular again to go through all this?

The list of people who built their career on false rape allegations:

Yeah. So there's that. Wanting fame? Yeah - because our rape culture today is so welcoming for rape victims.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Completely false rape allegations generally ruin the life of the so called victim.

Remember Tawana Bradley? She ruined her life, changed her identity will forever be broke because of the judgment against her for defamation.

doesn't sound like a great trade off to me. I believe these women.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-12-2014, 07:54 PM
(10-12-2014 07:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

The list of people who built their career on false rape allegations:

Yeah. So there's that. Wanting fame? Yeah - because our rape culture today is so welcoming for rape victims.

#1 nice copy/paste. #2 Its not about building a career, its about taking an opportunity to put money in someones pocket. Its not unusual for false rape accusations and people do stupid stuff for money. It also ruins it for real rape victims's ability to come out. Anyways Innocent until proven guilty and thats how I treat it, if he is ever proven guilty then I will believe it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-12-2014, 08:41 PM
IS there any real way to absolutely proove it, though, even if the statute of limitations allowed for it?
DNA's gotta be gettin old by now, right? Confused