The Bill Cosby allegations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: The Bill Cosby allegations
I believe these woman. I don't think so many would make it up. I never liked Cosby.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 08:55 PM
(10-12-2014 07:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Completely false rape allegations generally ruin the life of the so called victim.

Remember Tawana Bradley? She ruined her life, changed her identity will forever be broke because of the judgment against her for defamation.

doesn't sound like a great trade off to me. I believe these women.

People have killed for life insurance money, i think if people would take the risk of life in prison and forever be remembered as a murder for money, they could certainly falsely accuse someone with wealth of a crime to sue them for money.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-12-2014, 09:11 PM
(07-12-2014 12:47 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  In the 80's my ex-husband and I, with our newborn son, rented a lovely apartment in the Hollywood Hills. Primrose Lane, the street was, and our landlady was none other than Louisa Moritz (the ditzy blonde in One Flew Over and Up in Smoke), one of the Cosby accusers.

If you are following this awful saga, he tried to force her to blow him backstage at the Tonight Show. I can hereby attest that this woman is no liar and no bimbo, she is an extremely intelligent and accomplished business woman and attorney. I believe her when she relates her story about Bill Cosby. As a musician myself in Hollywood back then, I know that behavior was rampant with powerful men, and women didn't speak out because drugs were always involved and drugs ended careers.

Regarding the statute of limitations, people who are sexually abused are forced to carry out life sentences, why aren't their assailants? There should be no statute of limitations on sexual crimes, period, especially with the technology we have today.

I'm not siding with Bill, or the ladies, mind you, but why on Earth would this accomplished attorney wait until after the statute of limitaions "ran out" on his crime, and until Cosby was so old the allegations wouldn't do anything to his career except essentially send his 70-80 yo ass into early retirement?
I'd usually say "if he's guilty, castrate him", but his prolly don't even work anymore Undecided Wtf do you do to somebody who could drop dead tomorrow?

10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
(10-12-2014 08:54 PM)RuthD Wrote:  I believe these woman. I don't think so many would make it up. I never liked Cosby.

I grew up watching Bill Cosby and seeing him do stand up comedy. He was quite funny and a lot of people don't realize that his stand up routine was really raunchy in the nightclubs, but that was when he was in his early 30's. Once he hit his 40's and beyond he wasn't as funny, I don't think. He got progressively like a caricature of himself but this happens to so many actors and show business people. I think it happened to Joan Rivers too and she added to the effect with a ton of plastic surgery.

I believe the women though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-12-2014, 09:47 AM
(10-12-2014 07:54 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 07:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The list of people who built their career on false rape allegations:

Yeah. So there's that. Wanting fame? Yeah - because our rape culture today is so welcoming for rape victims.

#1 nice copy/paste. #2 Its not about building a career, its about taking an opportunity to put money in someones pocket. Its not unusual for false rape accusations and people do stupid stuff for money. It also ruins it for real rape victims's ability to come out. Anyways Innocent until proven guilty and thats how I treat it, if he is ever proven guilty then I will believe it.

#1 - never said it was my original thought.

#2 - if these allegations are old, a reason to go through all of this again is because now people are listening. For validation.

I take it you have never been raped. Victims don't tell their story over and over again in order to gain something other than validation. Because crime gets its power from silence. Its a way to stand up against your rapist and tell them loudly "No! What you did was wrong and its not ok."

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
11-12-2014, 10:19 AM
(11-12-2014 09:47 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 07:54 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  #1 nice copy/paste. #2 Its not about building a career, its about taking an opportunity to put money in someones pocket. Its not unusual for false rape accusations and people do stupid stuff for money. It also ruins it for real rape victims's ability to come out. Anyways Innocent until proven guilty and thats how I treat it, if he is ever proven guilty then I will believe it.

#1 - never said it was my original thought.

#2 - if these allegations are old, a reason to go through all of this again is because now people are listening. For validation.

I take it you have never been raped. Victims don't tell their story over and over again in order to gain something other than validation. Because crime gets its power from silence. Its a way to stand up against your rapist and tell them loudly "No! What you did was wrong and its not ok."

Not all of them came out the first time, more then half are coming out for the first time now. There are like what 26 now? Only 13 came out the first time. So why go through all the trouble now of reliving this so called past of theirs and making all this fuss when it was long ago and due to laws nothing can even be done about it and Cosby is so old and all because a comedian decides to make a joke about it. It just seems fishy to me that A. The number of accusers double, B. they only bring it back up when it became relevant again. Also anyone can look at a story of a past accuser and tweak it to make it their own. Its not hard to have a similar corroborative story when you have one to base it off of from the past. It does nothing for them but put them in the headlines and sue him for his money.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Even after such a long time a conviction can be made.

Here in the UK, following the revelations of child abuse by Jimmie Savile, a number of celebrities have been convicted and imprisoned for serious, historical sex crimes, dating all the way back to the 1960s. TV presenters Rolf Harris and Stewart Hall have both been jailed, and DJ Ray Teret was jailed today.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2014, 12:57 PM
(11-12-2014 10:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So why go through all the trouble now of reliving this so called past of theirs and making all this fuss when it was long ago and due to laws nothing can even be done about it and Cosby is so old and all because a comedian decides to make a joke about it.

Like I said. You clearly have never been raped or otherwise sexually violated. Until this has happened, perhaps you should choose to listen as to why someone might do that instead of telling them its a waste of time.

(11-12-2014 10:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It just seems fishy to me that A. The number of accusers double, B. they only bring it back up when it became relevant again. Also anyone can look at a story of a past accuser and tweak it to make it their own. Its not hard to have a similar corroborative story when you have one to base it off of from the past. It does nothing for them but put them in the headlines and sue him for his money.

They can't sue. The statute of limitations has expired on most of them. At least thats my understanding.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
11-12-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm doing my best to reserve judgment, although I admit it's difficult. Most of us only know what the media tells us and I learned long ago not to trust anything from the media. The number of women that have come forward does make the whole matter seem highly suspicious. On the other hand, it only takes one or two before some more dishonest people hear about it and jump on the bandwagon hoping to sue and "win the lottery" because he's a rich celebrity. And then the original one or two might have been doing exactly the same thing anyway. So the number of women is not evidence of guilt. Therefore, having no personal direct contact with any of these people and having only sensationalized media stories for information, I think the only right thing to do is to withhold judgment and let those people closer to the situation sort it all out.

I do hope it turns out right. If he's guilty, those women deserve substantial compensation (which, of course, still wouldn't be enough). And if he's not guilty, he deserves to have his name cleared. However, regardless of the truth, he will always be guilty in some peoples' minds at this point.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
11-12-2014, 05:32 PM
(11-12-2014 12:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So why go through all the trouble now of reliving this so called past of theirs and making all this fuss when it was long ago and due to laws nothing can even be done about it and Cosby is so old and all because a comedian decides to make a joke about it.

Like I said. You clearly have never been raped or otherwise sexually violated. Until this has happened, perhaps you should choose to listen as to why someone might do that instead of telling them its a waste of time.

(11-12-2014 10:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It just seems fishy to me that A. The number of accusers double, B. they only bring it back up when it became relevant again. Also anyone can look at a story of a past accuser and tweak it to make it their own. Its not hard to have a similar corroborative story when you have one to base it off of from the past. It does nothing for them but put them in the headlines and sue him for his money.

They can't sue. The statute of limitations has expired on most of them. At least thats my understanding.

Your issue is your argument is based off the fact that they were raped which as of now weather that's true or not is not known and because of that I think you see things differently about this and ok well they can't sue but that just proves my point more, if you cant sue then why fuss about it? As I have said, just show me the evidence and I'll for sure change my mind but until then I just see the current circumstances as a bit fishy, innocent until proven guilty.