RE: The Blasphemy Thread
Shy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
(06-12-2014 01:39 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 03:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. It is clear in that verse if you know what blasphemy is. Blasphemy isn't using God's name as a "curse" or in "vain", separate commands than blasphemy...

2. God bless you for using an Old Testament verse to try to explain/amplify/enhance a New Testament verse under discussion. That's something a good preacher would do! Now you are working to interpret the Bible accurately.

3. No one has blasphemed on this thread yet.

Erm...you already said people had been forgiven for blasphemy and then you say no one has committed a blasphemy....
So

LMAO

Right.

Moving right along past Stupidville i think we can all see the sheer ridiculousness of this one, folks. Wow.

Derrrr

I beg your pardon, sorry I wasn't more clear. All are forgiven for saying unkind things about God. That is not blasphemy.

All, no one has yet blasphemed on this thread in the biblical sense, either the Old Testament or New Testament sense. For the Old Testament sense, I'm sure someone has done it somewhere at TTA!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Q,

I'm STILL waiting for you to tell us what you think blasphemy really is.

You know, it's looking more and more like you have no definition of "real" blasphemy. You're just making unfounded claims. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
09-12-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 01:14 PM by Clockwork.)
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
So there are two ways to blaspheme now? Are you just reaching?

And if disowning is close to blasphemy, then wouldn't atheists pretty much already have done that?

I are confused.
09-12-2014, 01:25 PM
I always thought blasphemy meant claiming to be God -- you know, like Jesus supposedly did. That's why the Pharisees kept accusing him of blasphemy. So it always confused me when Catholics would call movies like The Last Temptation of Christ or Life of Brian "blasphemous". They're not claiming to be God, they're just being disrespectful of him. But if you look up blasphemy in the dictionary, it includes disrespect. By the dictionary definiton, almost everyone in this thread is guilty of blasphemy. Maybe "Q" is using the "impersonation of God" definition. I guess that would make Mark Dreher a blasphemist at least -- and maybe Girlyman.
09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
(09-12-2014 01:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I always thought blasphemy meant claiming to be God -- you know, like Jesus supposedly did. That's why the Pharisees kept accusing him of blasphemy. So it always confused me when Catholics would call movies like The Last Temptation of Christ or Life of Brian "blasphemous". They're not claiming to be God, they're just being disrespectful of him. But if you look up blasphemy in the dictionary, it includes disrespect. By the dictionary definiton, almost everyone in this thread is guilty of blasphemy. Maybe "Q" is using the "impersonation of God" definition. I guess that would make Mark Dreher a blasphemist at least -- and maybe Girlyman.

If that's the case then someone must step up to the plate since this is a thread for blasphemy...

*clears throat*

I am God, and you shall worship me until you die, otherwise I will throw you in a cave where you have to spend the rest of your afterlife by living in that cave eating garlics and mugworts until the end of time. And since you can't disprove that I'm God, I am God and I exist. For real.
[+] 2 users Like Bear100's post
09-12-2014, 03:25 PM
(08-12-2014 08:43 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Shy

The Time DID suck ass. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-12-2014, 03:28 PM
(09-12-2014 03:15 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  I am God, and you shall worship me until you die, otherwise I will throw you in a cave where you have to spend the rest of your afterlife by living in that cave eating garlics and mugworts until the end of time. And since you can't disprove that I'm God, I am God and I exist. For real.

you're not god, I'm god. And so's my wife... (skip to 4:00)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Found a few memes on the subject.

[Image: quote-where-there-is-no-belief-there-is-...350366.jpg]

[Image: robert-ingersoll.jpg]

[Image: holy_blasphemy____by_aatheist-d4xj2rn.jpg]

[Image: blasphemy.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
09-12-2014, 04:34 PM
(09-12-2014 11:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 01:39 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Erm...you already said people had been forgiven for blasphemy and then you say no one has committed a blasphemy....
So

LMAO

Right.

Moving right along past Stupidville i think we can all see the sheer ridiculousness of this one, folks. Wow.

Derrrr

I beg your pardon, sorry I wasn't more clear. All are forgiven for saying unkind things about God. That is not blasphemy.

All, no one has yet blasphemed on this thread in the biblical sense, either the Old Testament or New Testament sense. For the Old Testament sense, I'm sure someone has done it somewhere at TTA!

What is your definition of blasphemy? It sure looks like some people have blasphemed on this thread.

blas·phe·my ˈblasfəmē/ noun
  • the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
[+] 2 users Like Rik's post