The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
Do we have to openly renounce him and any all allegiance?

This is almost as hard when I tried to get excommunicated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-12-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
All,

Grasshopper gets partial credit and did very well here. I'm in part pointing out the folly of Bible interpretation based on dictionary definitions in English rather than visiting the source texts.

Old Testament: Blasphemy is equating oneself with God.

New Testament: ...? Do you know?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2014, 10:41 AM
(12-12-2014 10:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Grasshopper gets partial credit and did very well here. I'm in part pointing out the folly of Bible interpretation based on dictionary definitions in English rather than visiting the source texts.

Old Testament: Blasphemy is equating oneself with God.

New Testament: ...? Do you know?

No one is in a position to "correctly" interpret the bible, period. How about the default position -it's a bunch of made up BS.

You were trying to assert you know what a "true" Christian is on another thread, now you're handing out forgiveness tokens on this thread. Sheesh!

Do you know how to interpret when it's time to butt out?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I am the One True God. I am offended by you masculinizing my name, Goddess. Stop talking about me like I have a penis or I will smite thee.

Seriously though, I am my personal goddess. And I fucking rock.

Edit: actually, still not serious. There is no god to blaspheme. Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
12-12-2014, 10:49 AM
(12-12-2014 10:47 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I am the One True God. I am offended by you masculinizing my name, Goddess. Stop talking about me like I have a penis or I will smite thee.

Seriously though, I am my personal goddess. And I fucking rock.

If only Q could be that honest. Smile

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
We can quote NT verses for the rest of our lives and still be told, "Nope, that's not it!"

Why? Because everyone will interpret it how they want and some sheep will follow along and agree.
12-12-2014, 12:08 PM
All,

You give up too easy.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Consider Speaks in third person... Knows the true interpretation... Has the power to forgive. Three puzzle pieces.. Godhead three...

Oh my God! Ohmy no really - GOD! How did I not figure this out sooner?!?!

Forgive me, Q, for I have sinned and blasphemed your holy name!!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
12-12-2014, 12:57 PM
(12-12-2014 12:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

You give up too easy.

I'm sorry is our entertainment value beginning to run low for you? Just because you're playing games doesn't mean you get to set the rules. Don't you know it's rude to upend the board in the middle of the game? Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
13-12-2014, 07:33 AM
(05-12-2014 06:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm still waiting for you to respond to this post, Q.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]