The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(17-12-2014 03:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "An act of resistance" is not name calling per se. This is my context-resisting the Spirit's conviction of sin and the need to trust Jesus.
How would you suggest we verbalize that act of resistance, if not in the manner that can be observed in this thread?

(17-12-2014 03:06 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The context is as I said, the Pharisees had the Spirit of God tugging on them as they say Jesus perform a mighty miracle.
No, that's not entirely accurate. That's the context for Mark and Matthew, but not for Luke. I have pointed this out to you twice and you have chosen to ignore it twice. Third time lucky, eh? Laugh out load

(17-12-2014 03:06 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If it has to do with name calling per se, then a Christian with eternal security could say bad thing by accident or in their sleep and lose their assurance and so on, something that is nonsensical.
An omnipotent God should be capable of telling the difference between an intentional remark and an accidental one, no?

Not ignoring you here. Jesus repeated some of his sayings and even some of his miracles, presumably for emphasis. Just because He reminds the disciples in Luke of the blasphemy teaching doesn't imply Luke thinks blasphemy is different than what Matthew or Mark said in those gospels.

Yes, God discerns intentionality and accidents but the scripture is infallible and unbroken.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Q...

Are you honestly arguing the semantics and translation properties of the word "blasphemy" in this thread?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Re: RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(22-12-2014 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah
Tosses a stone at morondog's head.
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
22-12-2014, 02:04 PM
(22-12-2014 01:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Not ignoring you here. Jesus repeated some of his sayings and even some of his miracles, presumably for emphasis. Just because He reminds the disciples in Luke of the blasphemy teaching doesn't imply Luke thinks blasphemy is different than what Matthew or Mark said in those gospels.

Yes, God discerns intentionality and accidents but the scripture is infallible and unbroken.
That's an interesting assumption you're making there. Why do you think that the events described in Luke happened after those in Matthew and Mark?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
Blasphemy is denying Jesus as savior? Haven't all of us atheists already done that?
22-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Holy Spirit, you're a jizz that raped a young woman and I find you repulsive. Go drip down some whore's leg.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
23-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Does anyone else find it interesting that Q himself said and has pointed out that the bible does not agree with itself in either testament or within the gospels themself? He points this out himself and yet still argues that it is from an intelligent being.

Also, my friend Jesus came over last night and he raised his bud Lazarus bigtime and together we made the son of man come again , and again, and again,

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
23-12-2014, 11:02 AM
(23-12-2014 09:00 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Does anyone else find it interesting that Q himself said and has pointed out that the bible does not agree with itself in either testament or within the gospels themself? He points this out himself and yet still argues that it is from an intelligent being.

Also, my friend Jesus came over last night and he raised his bud Lazarus bigtime and together we made the son of man come again , and again, and again,

I created a special word for describing Q -Qlueless.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-12-2014, 12:19 PM
The holy spirit, as we all know, is tequila. i would never blasphemy against such a divine entity... until the next morning, that is.
jesus and shit? Oh yea, fuck all of that noise.