The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
If Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are the same person, and one of them got Mary pregnant, then Jesus is his own dad... Consider

Are we sure the gospels aren't set in West Virginia? Hobo

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
23-12-2014, 04:59 PM
(23-12-2014 04:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  If Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are the same person, and one of them got Mary pregnant, then Jesus is his own dad... Consider

Are we sure the gospels aren't set in West Virginia? Hobo

Better yet, if Jesus is God, and God impregnated Mary, then obviously Jesus is a motherfucker.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 7 users Like Free's post
24-12-2014, 08:32 AM
(23-12-2014 04:59 PM)Free Wrote:  Better yet, if Jesus is God, and God impregnated Mary, then obviously Jesus is a motherfucker.

And if Gordon is Jesus... [Image: whistling.gif]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
07-01-2015, 02:08 PM
All,

I'm discussing the context, not the semantics, of New Testament blasphemy. Since there is only one unforgivable sin, and since those who do not trust God for salvation are lost, blasphemy revolves around the equivalency of the two. The Pharisees accused Jesus of being Satanic in nature because seeing a miracle sign in person, they both KNEW that He is God and denied trusting Him for salvation. I'm unsure some of you do both, know for sure that Jesus is God and also deny His salvation. I hope you will quest to know for sure that Jesus is God.

Also, since blasphemy in the Old Testament is equating oneself with God, the Pharisees were stepping in to tell the people assembled during the miracle that they knew better than God/were acting as vicars of God. There is neither a discrepancy between the two testaments nor is calling God's names an unforgivable sin. Retranslate in context, "You can call Jesus a name but not the Holy Spirit a name" to the correct "You can call Jesus a name, and He's God, but you cannot deny the promptings of the Spirit when you know God is real or you will be lost" and you have the blasphemy incident recounted in the New Testament with accuracy.

Thank you.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 04:27 PM by Clockwork.)
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
That ties into what I said. When I was caught up in that Adventist-type church, that was the idea. But since we're atheists and don't believe in the Holy Spirit, we don't hear its supposed call. Therefore only the anointed or blessed or whatever can commit the unpardonable sin.

But that still brings up the question of what is The One True Church. Seeing as Christians can't agree on this, can any believer actually commit it?
07-01-2015, 10:51 PM
I had a girlfriend who was hardcore Christian. I said to her I'm so full of the holy spirit I gotta let some of him out, I proceeded to rip a huge fart. That relationship was over.
[+] 5 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
08-01-2015, 05:22 AM
(04-12-2014 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Whiskey, you are 100% correct. I have been living a lie and repent. I denounce all I formerly believed and am today an atheist. Thank you! I'm unsure if it was the logic and reasoning of your argument, the kind spirit in which it was presented, or the existential hope you offered me when you pointed out that without God, we will both pass into nothingness, utterly forgotten, that won me to the rightness of your cause, but thank you. Today, I can hold my head high to say, "I used to be a Christian, but then I realized I have no hope and will rot underground. I'm free, happy and satisfied! Hallelujah!"

Wait! Scratch that last. Change Hallelujah to Awesome.

Thanks again for caring enough to engage me respectfully in artful arguments about truth and the nature of reality.

Well, that was the best thing to ever come out of your pie hole.

As to the OP, it's not possible to blaspheme against Holy Spirit; the "scholarly consensus" view centers around an unrepeatable act of Jesus, the truth (meaning according to this prophet Tongue) ya can't do it cause ya don't know it. You'd actually have to know Holy Spirit to blaspheme against it, and knowing Holy Spirit means one cannot abide evil. Essentially. I could give big ol' rant, but who really gives a fuck?

living word
08-01-2015, 09:57 AM
(07-01-2015 03:26 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That ties into what I said. When I was caught up in that Adventist-type church, that was the idea. But since we're atheists and don't believe in the Holy Spirit, we don't hear its supposed call. Therefore only the anointed or blessed or whatever can commit the unpardonable sin.

But that still brings up the question of what is The One True Church. Seeing as Christians can't agree on this, can any believer actually commit it?

And also for me begs the question, have you or other atheists at this forum heard the call and then rejected it? Vox Dei and all that.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
08-01-2015, 11:34 AM
(08-01-2015 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And also for me begs the question, have you or other atheists at this forum heard the call and then rejected it? Vox Dei and all that.

If I'm honest with myself. NO. Never heard it.

I wanted to, but never did.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-01-2015, 12:03 PM
(08-01-2015 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If I'm honest with myself. NO. Never heard it.

I wanted to, but never did.

Same here. I asked for it (both directly and by my own seeking) for nearly two years. I eventually became comfortable in my disbelief.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post