The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(07-01-2015 10:51 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I had a girlfriend who was hardcore Christian. I said to her I'm so full of the holy spirit I gotta let some of him out, I proceeded to rip a huge fart. That relationship was over.

That's pretty funny... considering your username. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
08-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Re: RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(08-01-2015 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And also for me begs the question, have you or other atheists at this forum heard the call and then rejected it? Vox Dei and all that.

Typing this may sound condescending, but it's not meant that way.

Since I'm an atheist, I have to go with no. At a young age (around 12) I started researching Christianity. I even found correspondence courses, and this was before everyone was on the Internet.

We can't reject something that we believe is true. That's like saying I deny gravity or the Doppler effect or the heat of lava. Besides, that still assumes that God/Yahweh/Ain Sof is the one and only true deity.
08-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
I'm feeling frisky today, so I'll give this a whirl:

The holy spirit can suck my balls and pick my pubic hair from its teeth one by one.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
D42, you were missing a couple of characters.

(08-01-2015 05:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:26 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That ties into what I said. When I was caught up in that Adventist-type church, that was the idea. But since we're atheists and don't believe in the Holy Spirit, we don't hear its supposed call. Therefore only the anointed or blessed or whatever can commit the unpardonable sin.

But that still brings up the question of what is The One True Church. Seeing as Christians can't agree on this, can any believer actually commit it?

And also for me begs the question, have you or other atheists at this forum heard the call and then rejected it? Vox Dei and all that.

Nope. Never heard any call. Got a call from someone from India trying to sell me some insurance though.

But no, I've never gotten a call from fairies or gnomes or Bigfoot or the Yeti or Santa or the Spirit of St Louis or the Holy Teapot orbiting Jupiter. It's impossible to reject something that isn't even real. Has Zeus ever called you to act in his behalf? Doubt it......'cause he isn't real either.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Isn't the Holy Spirit's spirit animal a dove?

"In a 1981 meeting with record executives, Ozzy signed a deal as a solo artist. He intended to release some doves as a gesture of good will. Instead, being severely intoxicated and apparently insane, he grabbed one and bit its head off. As he is wont to do. How's that for good will?"

[Image: dove.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-01-2015, 07:29 PM
(08-01-2015 05:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:26 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That ties into what I said. When I was caught up in that Adventist-type church, that was the idea. But since we're atheists and don't believe in the Holy Spirit, we don't hear its supposed call. Therefore only the anointed or blessed or whatever can commit the unpardonable sin.

But that still brings up the question of what is The One True Church. Seeing as Christians can't agree on this, can any believer actually commit it?

And also for me begs the question, have you or other atheists at this forum heard the call and then rejected it? Vox Dei and all that.

Nope. Never heard any call. Got a call from someone from India trying to sell me some insurance though.

But no, I've never gotten a call from fairies or gnomes or Bigfoot or the Yeti or Santa or the Spirit of St Louis or the Holy Teapot orbiting Jupiter. It's impossible to reject something that isn't even real. Has Zeus ever called you to act in his behalf? Doubt it......'cause he isn't real either.

fixed yer quotes, d42. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-01-2015, 08:08 PM
(09-12-2014 03:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  The Time DID suck ass. Tongue

That spells awesome, doesn't it?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Respectfully asked, to all,

If you've never heard the call how would you know you've never heard one? What sort of call/sign were you expecting?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.