The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(09-01-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 02:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Something falsifiable that has evidence behind it.

So feelings, urges, soft voices from within are not in that realm, if god wanted me to give to poor people then I should receive the numbers to win the lottery- and then win it.

Then he better be good about follow up with details on who, how much etc. You know, actual communication, not subjective feelings or intuition.

In short, stop pretending to be the Invisible Man.

Do you know what the issue is with some of what you wrote? That the Bible states plainly that God is mostly veiled to us due to our sin. You can no more say to God "I need the results of 5th race at Belmont, win, place and show, please..." then you can tell your boss "I'll only follow your literal, timely, explicit instructions, given when I ask for them only" and expect to remain employed.

However, I can tell you this. If you are really seeking, you will really find.

When you want actual falsifiable evidence, your god always comes up short. Of course Christians have to have their ready-made excuses for why god will never produce falsifiable evidence. They've played this game for two millenia, so they're well versed in their con game.

Maybe that's why atheists are so reviled by Christians, they know it's a con and they know how to call out a con man -produce falsifiable evidence. The con man can only come up with words to excuse their failure, they can't actually produce the real thing.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 04:35 PM
(09-01-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, I can tell you this. If you are really seeking, you will really find.

First of all, I did answer you sincerely. That's all I can do.

Just saying that we don't hear some call because of sin is again just deflecting the issue. We haven't heard any call that has lead us back to gods. (For those of us who were theists in the past.)

I don't think you're part of any gods' plans. I say that because nothing you've said has moved any of us as far as I can tell. I can safely say that nothing you've said has moved me or made me feel any differently. That's not an insult; my own family doesn't say anything that moves me.

You're assuming that none of us have ever looked. I looked into many forms of Christianity, including some rare ones. I was also a Christian Kabbalist. I actually learned some parts of old languages just to read things better. I learned how and why these ancient writings were done. I've asked people to see their handwritten copies just to see the exact lines of old texts. So please don't tell me that I haven't looked.

For me, I did seek. I did find. I just didn't find what you wish I had found.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-01-2015, 04:45 PM
(09-01-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, I can tell you this. If you are really seeking, you will really find.

That is the most accurate statement you have said there Quirky. Not being religious as a kid, I read the bible and researched the christian faith as an adult, and after seeking I did find it - bullshit lined by lies and wishful emotional thinking!.

Stop with the seek and you will find babble as it is embarrassing among us mature and sane adults here. Pathetic - seek..find...exactly.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
(09-01-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you are really seeking, you will really find.
This is true, in this sense: if you place yourself in a particular passive state of mind, and want to "feel" some sort of subjective personal transcendent experience of the divine (aka "god"), with a modest amount of persistence, this will happen. And if you want it to suffice ... if you demand nothing more than that ... you will likely convince yourself. Next, if you publicly state that you've had this experience, thus creating ego investment in its veracity, you will find it difficult to renege. Lastly, if you surround yourself with people who have been through the same process, group dynamics will do the rest.

On the other hand if you want actual evidence similar to the evidence that causes you to believe in the existence of your car, your house, or your spouse (for example); if you want to actually interact with god like you do with any other person, you will be sorely disappointed.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
09-01-2015, 07:59 PM
(04-12-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Not one of these admittedly offensive and obnoxious "proposals" falls under the definition of blaspheming the Spirit. There has been no blaspheming the Spirit in this thread, although at other TTA threads, it sure seems so...

Also, Jesus Christ said:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people... Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him..." - Matthew 12:31-32

You are all forgiven for what was posted on this thread. God loves you. Jesus Christ died for you, and for me. He died for our sin, He rose so that trusting Him we receive eternal life.

"Jesus Christ said" Really? Someone was walking around taking down his exact words, just every little thing that came out of his mouth? That's utter hogwash. It wasn't written down for 60 years after he died and after hundreds of retelling of the story cough, telephone game, cough so quoting something Jesus said has zero impact. You might as well quote some pearls of wisdom Zeus said and it would have just as much impact and meaning. Which is to say.....none.

We're all forgiven? Really? Step one) Prove that there is a god. Step Two) Well, there is no step two until you prove step one.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-01-2015, 09:59 PM
I always liked Piss Christ.

[Image: pisschrist.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-01-2015, 12:15 PM
All,

Several issues have been raised here. First, the Bible itself gives criteria for requesting and finding falsifiable evidence. I'm not responsible if you haven't followed the criteria and vice versa. I can merely point to the criteria.

Second, I don't at all think that Jesus had scribes following Him writing down the exact words He said. I do think after His resurrection and appearances, only after which the disciples more carefully researched the Hebrew prophecies concerning Jesus, and after some years and much evangelism, persecution and discussion had occurred, some of the disciples got with scribes and wrote down the gospels. However, having seen amazing things and having known Jesus for three years or far longer, as well as having repeated what they remembered orally many times to many audiences, the disciples remembered enough for us to take careful note.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 12:49 PM
(12-01-2015 12:15 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Several issues have been raised here. First, the Bible itself gives criteria for requesting and finding falsifiable evidence.

Where? Gasp

I'm going to guess it involves seeking him in your heart -and then applying subjective misinterpretation to things that have natural explanations.

Here's what would happen if a modern day apologist was at Elijah's showdown with Baal:

Elijah and the Apologist of Baal

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Several issues have been raised here. First, the Bible itself gives criteria for requesting and finding falsifiable evidence. I'm not responsible if you haven't followed the criteria and vice versa. I can merely point to the criteria.

Yet, you don't. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 03:21 PM
(12-01-2015 02:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Yet, you don't. Consider

*Waves hands vaguely* The proof is in there somewhere. This bullshit I spout isn't reallly proof. Only you can find the Real Proof ™, only if you seek sincerely ™. I am just the Messenger of The Very Definitely Real God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post