The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Rainbow RE: The Blasphemy Thread

Well the bible does say your body is a temple, so take me to church....

Q,
Fuck your god, fuck his church, fuck the hatred it inspires. Enjoy the video.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
21-01-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

It's unfortunate for the need to repeat things here, but the same questions seem to crop up.

Indeed.

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I know what an agnostic atheist is.

Wonderful. Smile

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, I cannot go beyond the bounds of what is available to you direct from God to give you smoking-gun evidence.

So... if you have no evidence (Smoking, loaded, fired gun or otherwise.) what is your point/position. Consider

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus said He could rise from the dead visibly but that doesn't force the witness of the event to trust Him.

Some one who only possibly existed? Some one who's existence at the time didn't seem to do a whole lot? (There were certainly people around who could have and would have taken notice and recorded such things. Even should the original writings be lost over time, the echoes should still linger.)

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  By "conscience seared" I understand the scriptures are referring to someone who has turned aside from God so often that when He does "call" they don't hear.
[

So... don't blame the message or the messenger. The listeners are at fault for being... what? Deaf? Odd? Stupid? Consider

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's too late for such a person to repent. I don't denigrate God for this, however, as people are given many opportunities to change their minds about Christ. For example, it almost seems like the more hardened you are to God the more opportunities--more vocal atheists hear from born again Christians more often, etc.

Right.. so the listener who can't hear this thing that you have admitted you've no evidence for. Who is too 'something' to even begin to perceive this strange, faint message has some how also thence become completely deaf to even imagining said message?

Might you, for a moment, have the scerrick of empathy to put yourself in some one else's shoes and read your words again? Do you not see how weird, strange, hypocritical etc the words read?

Especially after the admission that there's not even enough evidence to seem convincing...

*Sigh*

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
21-01-2015, 06:33 AM
The Blasphemy Thread
I'm a bit perplexed by that post. Because I lack belief in your deity, you suggest that it sends people to me to change my mind.

Why not send the message to those around the world who haven't heard of it? The Bible is full of nonbelievers to whom the god spoke to. Not metaphorically or symbolically but literally.

Why so mysterious and easily debunked now? Is it camera shy?
22-01-2015, 03:24 PM
(21-01-2015 06:33 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm a bit perplexed by that post. Because I lack belief in your deity, you suggest that it sends people to me to change my mind.

Why not send the message to those around the world who haven't heard of it? The Bible is full of nonbelievers to whom the god spoke to. Not metaphorically or symbolically but literally.

Why so mysterious and easily debunked now? Is it camera shy?

Repeating and restating for clarification:

I'm here to teach and to learn. Not to convert (at least, not usually I should think) because there are several types of people.

1. People who hear the call(s) of God and respond

2. People who hear the call(s) of God and turn away but eventually respond

3. " who continually turn away

And I realize type 3 are here or are here claiming to have not heard any call(s).

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2015, 03:32 PM
(21-01-2015 12:12 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

It's unfortunate for the need to repeat things here, but the same questions seem to crop up.

Indeed.

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I know what an agnostic atheist is.

Wonderful. Smile

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, I cannot go beyond the bounds of what is available to you direct from God to give you smoking-gun evidence.

So... if you have no evidence (Smoking, loaded, fired gun or otherwise.) what is your point/position. Consider

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus said He could rise from the dead visibly but that doesn't force the witness of the event to trust Him.

Some one who only possibly existed? Some one who's existence at the time didn't seem to do a whole lot? (There were certainly people around who could have and would have taken notice and recorded such things. Even should the original writings be lost over time, the echoes should still linger.)

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  By "conscience seared" I understand the scriptures are referring to someone who has turned aside from God so often that when He does "call" they don't hear.
[

So... don't blame the message or the messenger. The listeners are at fault for being... what? Deaf? Odd? Stupid? Consider

(20-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's too late for such a person to repent. I don't denigrate God for this, however, as people are given many opportunities to change their minds about Christ. For example, it almost seems like the more hardened you are to God the more opportunities--more vocal atheists hear from born again Christians more often, etc.

Right.. so the listener who can't hear this thing that you have admitted you've no evidence for. Who is too 'something' to even begin to perceive this strange, faint message has some how also thence become completely deaf to even imagining said message?

Might you, for a moment, have the scerrick of empathy to put yourself in some one else's shoes and read your words again? Do you not see how weird, strange, hypocritical etc the words read?

Especially after the admission that there's not even enough evidence to seem convincing...

*Sigh*

Much cheers to all.

There's a lot going on in this post. You asked why I'm here if I cannot give you smoking gun evidence (evidence which I say you can choose to accept as factual or not, which is different). I'm here to learn and to teach.

And while I say I cannot provide you smoking gun evidence, I never said it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary.

For example, I'm wholly unable to provide you with smoking gun/you MUST believe me/absolute court-of-law/scientific proof that I exist, but I can certainly affirm it is self-evident to me that I exist! Mind you, I can go on and on in denial about how I'm unreal and don't exist, and eventually I'll be committed to an asylum (waiting for cheers and applause from assorted TTA members!).

Do you want to go on and on that God doesn't exist or do you want proof? The next logical question is can someone you consider a troll that you may even personally dislike do a better job of proving God's existence than God? Do you see why Christians get frustrated (really) when atheists say in the same conversation "YOU prove God exists!" and "NO, I won't pray to God because He doesn't exist and it's beneath my dignity!" If you privately pray to God, the worst that happens is that you are talking to the air... and that's a big deal because... why?

If you're just talking to the air and nothing happens--this is in my mind now every time an atheist refuses to pray or claims they used to pray in the manner proscribed for God to reveal Himself but don't any longer.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2015, 04:38 PM
(22-01-2015 03:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. People who hear the call(s) of God and respond

2. People who hear the call(s) of God and turn away but eventually respond

3. " who continually turn away

And I realize type 3 are here or are here claiming to have not heard any call(s).

But you're not willing to learn that you telling us we're not hearing these calls or lying about hearing these calls makes as much sense as being told you deny the call of Brahma.

I get that you believe in God, but you keep insisting that we're hearing these calls. Yet when we suggest we don't, you say #3 that we "claim" not to hear it.

There are no calls. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand.
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post
22-01-2015, 04:52 PM
(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you're just talking to the air and nothing happens--this is in my mind now every time an atheist refuses to pray or claims they used to pray in the manner proscribed for God to reveal Himself but don't any longer.

I can talk to myself, to another person, an animal, or even to another object if I feel the need. Talking to the air is the same thing as talking to yourself. Now stop framing atheists as making bad claims, or of ignoring calls and not praying. You are the one who desires and imagines this sort of target audience, that calls back when you talk to yourself.

Mental institutions are full of folks that experience the same thing you do, so please tell me when your "teaching and learning" will honestly begin?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
22-01-2015, 10:22 PM
So... finally sitting down at home after working through a 12 hour day in 40' ( C ) heat and 60% humidity. This, Q's post, does not catch me in the best of moods.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There's a lot going on in this post.

Really? I was trying to be short and concise. Sad Sorry.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You asked why I'm here if I cannot give you smoking gun evidence (evidence which I say you can choose to accept as factual or not, which is different). I'm here to learn and to teach.

The high-lighted bit. If your evidence is good enough, then it should, by definition, be both factual as well as good enough, should it not?

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And while I say I cannot provide you smoking gun evidence, I never said it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary.

Okay then, where is it?

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  For example, I'm wholly unable to provide you with smoking gun/you MUST believe me/absolute court-of-law/scientific proof that I exist,

Actually, I can believe you're a very good Turing program. Which has nothing to say about whether I beieve 'You' exist or not. So there.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  .... But I can certainly affirm it is self-evident to me that I exist!

You can assert it, but given the above there's ground to not believe you.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mind you, I can go on and on in denial about how I'm unreal and don't exist, and eventually I'll be committed to an asylum (waiting for cheers and applause from assorted TTA members!).

See my comment above.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you want to go on and on that God doesn't exist or do you want proof?

I don't really care as to whether any gods exist. You're the one with a smoking gun. (Unless... that's a euphemism...? Eeeewwww... )

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The next logical question is can someone you consider a troll that you may even personally dislike do a better job of proving God's existence than God?

I've never called you a Troll. Only commented on your posts, asked questions and such.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you see why Christians get frustrated (really) when atheists say in the same conversation "YOU prove God exists!"

Again, on I honestly do not about Christians (Of Buddhists, or Muslims, or Hindus, Or Mormons etc who make such claims) Here's the bit you seem to fail to grasp;

They are the ones maing the claims... hence... they are the ones who then have to show something to back up said claims.

That's simply how it works.

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ... And "NO, I won't pray to God because He doesn't exist and it's beneath my dignity!" If you privately pray to God, the worst that happens is that you are talking to the air... and that's a big deal because... why?

Okay... this last bit? This last comment right here?

That's the comment that has set me off. It's the one that's really made me sit down, ignore dinner and type out this response.

You DO NOT get to be all high and mighty and dismiss other people's search for things.

You do NOT get to post about how useless other people's screams of faith cried out in angst to the wilderness were simply “Not god (Or good) enough.”

Or they some how “Weren't looking for god the right way.”

(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you're just talking to the air and nothing happens--this is in my mind now every time an atheist refuses to pray or claims they used to pray in the manner proscribed for God to reveal Himself but don't any longer.

Again, how other people have and might have done their searching is NOT something you can dismiss.

In short? Fornicate you and you can do it with the horse you rode in on.

I look forward to, and will accept your apology. Angry

Much cheers to all.
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-01-2015, 10:32 PM
(22-01-2015 03:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you're just talking to the air and nothing happens--this is in my mind now every time an atheist refuses to pray or claims they used to pray in the manner proscribed**** for God to reveal Himself but don't any longer.

pro·scribe
(prō-skrīb′)
tr.v. pro·scribed, pro·scrib·ing, pro·scribes
1. To prohibit; forbid: foods that are proscribed by religious dietary laws. See Synonyms at forbid.
2. To denounce or condemn: "The small sins of natural pleasure that we see ... mildly proscribed in the confession manuals of the late Middle Ages" (James Turner).
a. To banish or outlaw (a person): "Emperors took it on themselves to proscribe heretics" (Garry Wills).
b. To publish the name of (a person) as outlawed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Jesus was not a carpenter, he was a "lady Carpenter". A well known man whore for his time and the very first one ever! His father would pimp him out to the ugly females of the land for cash. And when the emperor of the land named Jimmy Mcknobblebob anderson the third heard about all this, he got super jelly of jesuses lemon scented penis as it was much bigger then his jew dick. So he sent out his soldiers to go look for him and Jesus's friend Judas whom had just lost a card game with Jesus got mad and told them where he was hiding at because he was a retard with social anxiety issues as a result of being the offspring a talking buffalo a monkey and a beautiful female woman and he couldn't have sex with his mother anymore because of Jesus's Lime scented dick.

So, he went to go tell where Jesus was and they went out and shot Jesus in the head with an square flat arrow made out of egg whites because jesus was completely invinsible and egg whites being fashioned into a flat square arrow was the only way to pierce his body. Jesus died instantly and they strung him up on the cross as a reminder to not have more sex then the emperor and they placed a crown of thornless vines on his head as a gag for he hath no "thorn" to "stick" it to the females anymore!

THAT! my friends is the true story of jesus in the Christian Bible. I have been divinly inspired by this story as God himself has told me this. He came to me and I talked directly to him as he revealed this truth to me!

Prove it didn't happen bitches!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post