The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(04-12-2014 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:04 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Your god dies not exist, you are living a lie, and when you are done wasting your life and you pass into nothingness the world won't notice and you will be forgotten.

And you know it too.

Whiskey, you are 100% correct. I have been living a lie and repent. I denounce all I formerly believed and am today an atheist. Thank you! I'm unsure if it was the logic and reasoning of your argument, the kind spirit in which it was presented, or the existential hope you offered me when you pointed out that without God, we will both pass into nothingness, utterly forgotten, that won me to the rightness of your cause, but thank you. Today, I can hold my head high to say, "I used to be a Christian, but then I realized I have no hope and will rot underground. I'm free, happy and satisfied! Hallelujah!"

Wait! Scratch that last. Change Hallelujah to Awesome.

Thanks again for caring enough to engage me respectfully in artful arguments about truth and the nature of reality.

Ya.....you're still going no where when you die expect a box or an oven. At least there you won't have to live with delusions. So you know..silver lining. Drinking Beverage

Oh and Q is one of the most overrated characters in all of Science Fiction. Just so ya know.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
04-12-2014, 04:07 PM
^Watch your mouth son. I've quite litterally fought people over things I care about less than Q.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
04-12-2014, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 04:26 PM by kim.)
(04-12-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ----
Also, Jesus Christ said:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people... Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him..." - Matthew 12:31-32
----

Well, that's interesting in Matthew 10, Jesus is quoted....
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Nastiness has a unique way of trumping nice. Dodgy

But hey Q-bert, maybe you are confused about your favorite lamb boy Jesus.
That's understandable.

Also from Matthew ...
10:34, 35, 36
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household."

10:37, 38, 39
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

It's ok Qb, they always seem like nice guys. Shy

I'll tell you something you might not yet realize... shhhh....
...no one can interact with a non-existent thing, especially after they die. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
(04-12-2014 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Today, I can hold my head high to say, "I used to be a Christian, but then I realized I have no hope and will rot underground. I'm free, happy and satisfied! Hallelujah!"

You missed a word there
...but then I realized I have no delusional hope...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-12-2014, 05:14 PM
(04-12-2014 08:51 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Islamic blasphemy.
[Image: Meowhammad.png]

[Image: 1393659842110.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-12-2014, 05:22 PM
(04-12-2014 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I hope you enjoyed reading my reply to Whiskey as much I enjoyed writing it. I didn't wish to sound insincere or sarcastic, but the Q insisted!

Regardless, none of you have blasphemed yet on this thread. I don't want to say "Keep trying," and certainly don't want you to incur the awful consequences if you do blaspheme, but... can I at least say godspeed?

Thanks for admitting you have a multiple personality disorder, and you hear voices. Thumbsup

"I used to be a Christian, but then I realized I have no hope and will rot underground. I'm free, happy and satisfied! Hallelujah!"

That sort of implies you get to cook up and believe in whatever makes you happy. Would it were so. When you get all big, you'll realize just because Santy is a fun guy to pop down your chimney, doesn't make him real.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-12-2014, 05:31 PM
(04-12-2014 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Regardless, none of you have blasphemed yet on this thread.

As a True Christian™, in your theology is thinking about a sin and wanting to commit it the same as actually committing it? If so, then I have blasphemed. In fact, I'm blaspheming right now.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-12-2014, 06:44 PM
The Holy Spirit is the most imbecilic of many notions that Saul of Tarsus foisted off on Christianity. He must have been suffering from the DTs when he dreamt that bollox up.

Or as a good friend of mine used to say,

By the quivering tits of the unfucked mother of Christ!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 9 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2014, 08:38 AM
jesus fucking christ on a stick. Q-bert (I like that), your attempts to "contribute" to this thread are pathetic.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
(04-12-2014 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I hope you enjoyed reading my reply to Whiskey as much I enjoyed writing it. I didn't wish to sound insincere or sarcastic, but the Q insisted!

Regardless, none of you have blasphemed yet on this thread. I don't want to say "Keep trying," and certainly don't want you to incur the awful consequences if you do blaspheme, but... can I at least say godspeed?

Undecided

So.. being honest and saying that I've been off worshiping (What would be to christians) as false idol, have moved on and no longer worship any thing (Including again the a-fore mentioned deity) is not blaspheming enough?

Consider

Wait a minute. If god takes out their will on those who do blaspheme... isn't then this EXACTLY the sort of evidence that other non-believers would both be able to test AND hence believe?

So... getting smited (Smitten? Consider ) would be, in a way, the BEST thing that a non-believer could actually hope for.......? Blink

Am confused as always.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post