The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
According to the Bible, blasphemy is punishable by death.

"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him." (Leviticus 24:16)

So run away fer y'er lives before y'all get stoned to death!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 12:13 PM
(04-12-2014 04:23 PM)kim Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ----
Also, Jesus Christ said:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people... Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him..." - Matthew 12:31-32
----

Well, that's interesting in Matthew 10, Jesus is quoted....
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Nastiness has a unique way of trumping nice. Dodgy

But hey Q-bert, maybe you are confused about your favorite lamb boy Jesus.
That's understandable.

Also from Matthew ...
10:34, 35, 36
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household."

10:37, 38, 39
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

It's ok Qb, they always seem like nice guys. Shy

I'll tell you something you might not yet realize... shhhh....
...no one can interact with a non-existent thing, especially after they die. Shy

Ah, and that's your first clue to what biblical blasphemy is. What is the difference between speaking against someone and disowning them?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 12:18 PM
(04-12-2014 05:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I hope you enjoyed reading my reply to Whiskey as much I enjoyed writing it. I didn't wish to sound insincere or sarcastic, but the Q insisted!

Regardless, none of you have blasphemed yet on this thread. I don't want to say "Keep trying," and certainly don't want you to incur the awful consequences if you do blaspheme, but... can I at least say godspeed?

Thanks for admitting you have a multiple personality disorder, and you hear voices. Thumbsup

"I used to be a Christian, but then I realized I have no hope and will rot underground. I'm free, happy and satisfied! Hallelujah!"

That sort of implies you get to cook up and believe in whatever makes you happy. Would it were so. When you get all big, you'll realize just because Santy is a fun guy to pop down your chimney, doesn't make him real.

I know you are being facetious regarding my own facetious post, but are you saying you don't hear voices inside your mind? Ever?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
So what exactly is blasphemy? Does anyone know, or is it up to personal definition, like "God's plan" or "the real church"?
05-12-2014, 02:04 PM
(05-12-2014 12:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  are you saying you don't hear voices inside your mind? Ever?

I hear playbacks of things I have heard and I "hear" my own thoughts (although it isn't quite the same thing and I don't know how to explain the difference). I have never heard anything inside my head that wasn't obviously just my own brain functioning; if I did I would seriously consider seeking treatment.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
05-12-2014, 02:05 PM
(05-12-2014 01:57 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So what exactly is blasphemy? Does anyone know, or is it up to personal definition, like "God's plan" or "the real church"?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Blasphemy

Leviticus 24:16
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Jesus Fucking Christ you’d think this would be clear to Q-Tip.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 03:10 PM by undergroundp.)
For the record, in Ancient Greek "blasphemy" meant speaking ill of someone or defaming them.

I don't think it's that complicated. But sure, Christians can have all their crazy interpretations about it as usual.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 6 users Like undergroundp's post
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
So Q...

You were asking in the other thread about what's wrong with your posts. Here's a good example. Several times in this thread you have stated that no one has yet actually blasphemed. So why haven't you yet spelled out what you claim blasphemy really is?

Come on. We'd like to know. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
05-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Re: RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(05-12-2014 02:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 01:57 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So what exactly is blasphemy? Does anyone know, or is it up to personal definition, like "God's plan" or "the real church"?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Blasphemy

Leviticus 24:16
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Jesus Fucking Christ you’d think this would be clear to Q-Tip.

Well, goddamn, I wanted to be sure so I wouldn't do it. Jesus tittyfucking Christ.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
05-12-2014, 02:55 PM
(04-12-2014 08:33 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 08:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I get the Holy Spirit in me when I call upon it, yelling "Oh God, fuck me harder!"

I think Nurse wins the internet.

Hands down. No doubt about it.....hands down!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post