The Blasphemy Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: The Blasphemy Thread
(05-12-2014 02:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 12:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  are you saying you don't hear voices inside your mind? Ever?

I hear playbacks of things I have heard and I "hear" my own thoughts (although it isn't quite the same thing and I don't know how to explain the difference). I have never heard anything inside my head that wasn't obviously just my own brain functioning; if I did I would seriously consider seeking treatment.

My point precisely. I've seen Bucky several times write about how bad it is to hear a voice in one's head when ALL normally functioning adults have an id or inner voice. Normal people.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
(05-12-2014 02:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 01:57 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So what exactly is blasphemy? Does anyone know, or is it up to personal definition, like "God's plan" or "the real church"?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Blasphemy

Leviticus 24:16
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Jesus Fucking Christ you’d think this would be clear to Q-Tip.

1. It is clear in that verse if you know what blasphemy is. Blasphemy isn't using God's name as a "curse" or in "vain", separate commands than blasphemy...

2. God bless you for using an Old Testament verse to try to explain/amplify/enhance a New Testament verse under discussion. That's something a good preacher would do! Now you are working to interpret the Bible accurately.

3. No one has blasphemed on this thread yet.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 03:14 PM
(05-12-2014 03:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Blasphemy

Leviticus 24:16
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Jesus Fucking Christ you’d think this would be clear to Q-Tip.

1. It is clear in that verse if you know what blasphemy is. Blasphemy isn't using God's name as a "curse" or in "vain", separate commands than blasphemy...

2. God bless you for using an Old Testament verse to try to explain/amplify/enhance a New Testament verse under discussion. That's something a good preacher would do! Now you are working to interpret the Bible accurately.

3. No one has blasphemed on this thread yet.

Try to read carefully the bolded part in my post, take your time, use Merriam-Webster if necessary, use a Lifeline if need be.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
05-12-2014, 03:19 PM
(05-12-2014 03:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. No one has blasphemed on this thread yet.

Which part of "speaking ill of someone" do you not get?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-12-2014, 03:31 PM
(05-12-2014 03:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. No one has blasphemed on this thread yet.

And there it is again. I'm still waiting.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
(04-12-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Not one of these admittedly offensive and obnoxious "proposals" falls under the definition of blaspheming the Spirit. There has been no blaspheming the Spirit in this thread, although at other TTA threads, it sure seems so...

Also, Jesus Christ said:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people... Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him..." - Matthew 12:31-32

You are all forgiven for what was posted on this thread. God loves you. Jesus Christ died for you, and for me. He died for our sin, He rose so that trusting Him we receive eternal life.

Instead of sticking his dick into Ms. Magdalene, he made her wash his feet? Blink Then went to hang out with 12 dudes? Unsure
How do you think it happened? When jeebus finally thought "oh thank gawd" for realz? Consider Peter up his butt, & Mathew tickling his tonsils? Jeebus rejoiced at being turned into the chinese-fingercuffs role in a gay 3-way!!! Laugh out load

If that's not blasphemy, tell me!!!! I'd like to find the real-deal-holyfiled!!! And you could help just by letting me know I haven't found it, yet! Shy That's your job as a christian, right? To help us know we haven't found proper blasphemies to spout? Angel Good job! Thumbsup Researching to find this truth could be fun! Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Re: The Blasphemy Thread
You realize, of course, this just means we'll make more and more bad jokes?

Not unlike a naughty little Clockwork hearing "That's not enough to get you in trouble" until he found out just how far he had to go.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
(05-12-2014 01:57 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So what exactly is blasphemy? Does anyone know, or is it up to personal definition, like "God's plan" or "the real church"?

Blasphemy is commonly and widely recognized as the use of God's name, or any of the many terms related to god, Jesus et al. in an irreverant or disrespectful manner. For example:

God damn!
Jesus fucking Christ writhing on the cross!
Christ on a pogo stick!
Tabernac!

Ignore Q. Whenever he can't win an argument he simply reinvents the language.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Count on Wikipedia to have a list. The "intricate" forms were particularly entertaining.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
(05-12-2014 04:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  

Blasphemy is commonly and widely recognized as the use of God's name, or any of the many terms related to god, Jesus et al. in an irreverant or disrespectful manner. For example:

God damn!
Jesus fucking Christ writhing on the cross!
Christ on a pogo stick!
Tabernac!

Ignore Q. Whenever he can't win an argument he simply reinvents the language.

So a guy named Tabernac saying, "God damned Jesus to writhing on the cross while thinking how better it would be to have a pogo stick up his butt", would be the ultimate blashemy? Angel
Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post