The Blind Side

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
The Blind Side
So I had put off watching this movie because from what I could gather, it appeared to be nothing more than something for self-important, wealthy, white suburbanites to masturbate to and pat themselves on the back. And while it turned out to be exactly that (gotta love the scene where the rich woman goes to the ghetto and gives the stereotypical gangster a piece of her mind with no repercussion... you can almost picture a shoulder padded audience member named "Cheryl" standing up and applauding... "good for that business suit woman living off her husband's money to take in that poor negro child... good for her. We are clearly in touch with the pulse of lower-class America.")... where was I?

Ah, the point is that I didn't realize that this was a "Christian" movie. The entire reason the high school accepted the kid off the street is because it was "the Christian thing to do." This repeats throughout the movie. As her uppity friends make snide remarks in between feeling important drinking their punch bowls of wine, she reminds them of the "christian thing to do." They also appear to be the typical television Christian family. They all hug each other and never fight and don't use "potty mouth" and every moment is a Hallmark moment.

Now I've been browsing youtube for so long, I forgot where I was going with this.

Ummm.

Fuck Christians.

Thank you.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
10-05-2011, 05:18 AM
RE: The Blind Side
(09-05-2011 04:01 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Now I've been browsing youtube for so long, I forgot where I was going with this.

Ummm.

Fuck Christians.

Thank you.

lol

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I was forced to watch this movie right after I was forced to watch a "documentary" of modern day "miracles." Actors reenacting "miracles" that happened, such as soldiers that were stuck in a minefield when the wind revealed all the mines or when one soldier suggested they use a path mentioned in the Bible in real life to surprise the enemy. And of course the entire time, my grandma was reciting the mantra of "It's ALL true. It's documented!" I think she was just responding to the doubts her brain kept trying to send her.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Hey Buddy C.
Sorry to hear you gotta sit through all that crap. Just don't go postal on Grammy! I don't, and I'm sure you don't, want to spend ANY of our existence locked up behind bars. Didn't really pick up on the jesus lovin overtones in that flick - the gangsta confrontation - hells yea it's "based on a true story" poetic hollywood license. On the plus side: Sandra is one smokin' Betty.

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!